Sat, Oct 5, 8:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:08 am)

Subject: new figure at rdna called Michelle is out

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 6:29 AM

I am using the weight mapped version.  She bends amazingly well.

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Zev0 ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 7:12 AM · edited Thu, 26 July 2012 at 7:13 AM

file_484329.jpg

I don't mean to put anybody down, its just that I've been down this road with so many original figures and the outcome is always the exact same, dead in a few months or next to no new content. SO unless this figure contains something extremely special, it will remain on the otherside of the border of my cart for now. Also what is up with the back of the shin?

My Renderosity Store

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 7:23 AM

I really like her body shape a lot.  And the wm version bends really well.  She's got lots of nice polys around her lips and eyes so someone should be able to make some really good morphs for her.  I think she has heaps of potential.

Antonia died because she didn't have enough polys and thus her face always looked the same with thin straightish lips and a sharp nose.  And because her supporting team must be working on something top secret and have gone underground.

Eve died because she broke copyright.

Clark died because he was accused of having polys from apollos foot in him.

Apollo died because anton made some funny restrictions on his use and also suddenly made him free after people had bought him, and stopped supporting him at all and disappeared from the poserverse.

So I think michelle is a different kettle of fish really.  She will make the big time I feel.

Love esther

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 7:23 AM

Quote - There a reason that that mess was done the way it was... it allows it to be easily become anything the artist wishes it to become... which is why it's so popular. You start sculpting all that detail into it, it becomes harder to morph for the average person without having a tool like zbrush to pull out that detail to make it into something else.... so you end up with morphs that just look similar to the original mesh... a lot of the other characters that are out that vendors want supported have this very issue. Hard to morph faces and bodies = no additional characters for people to buy.

Yep, we're aware.

Laurie

Zev0 ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 7:25 AM

Can somebody post some extreme poses? I wanna see what she can do.

My Renderosity Store

tate ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 7:45 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Here are some quick renders I had kicking around from when I was testing her Weight Mapped version.

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 7:57 AM

that pic didn't work.

tate ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 8:02 AM

file_484330.jpg

Try this one.. Sorry! :D

Bea ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 8:04 AM

If you check over at the forum at Runtimedna he has posted them there as well

Zev0 ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 8:05 AM

So far so good:). Just the bulge under the calf is a slight problem for me. Can I see her rear with her in the splits and also on her knees bending over from the side.

My Renderosity Store

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 8:10 AM

VO1f - you kinkey devil you!

vilters ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 8:13 AM

@Ester

1. I love your Antoina remark. (for mulitple reasons)
  2. But I do not fully agree (as you might know my dear.)

Antonia did not die from too few poly's.

But when a creator stops supporting his/her OWN figures, and moves on to a next project and says so publically? It is all over and done with.

How do you want to keep support going when everybody feels YOU as the creator have abandonned YOUR own creation?

Lots of figures/characters/creations are coming and going lately.

Why?

Are they all that bad?

No some are really good.

But it is up to the creator to get the momentum going, and to keep it going.

Abandon your own creation, and everybody goes back to V4/M4.
What do you want???
V4/M4 have 4.000 support items.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

Zev0 ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 8:13 AM

Lol I have my reasons..Hell even if its in wireframe. If the rear bends nicely when the hip is at 45 degrees without elongating ( something v4 suffers from) then we're off to a good start.

My Renderosity Store

Zev0 ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 8:16 AM

Quote - @Ester

1. I love your Antoina remark. (for mulitple reasons)
  2. But I do not fully agree (as you might know my dear.)

Antonia did not die from too few poly's.

But when a creator stops supporting his/her OWN figures, and moves on to a next project and says so publically? It is all over and done with.

How do you want to keep support going when everybody feels YOU as the creator have abandonned YOUR own creation?

Lots of figures/characters/creations are coming and going lately.

Why?

Are they all that bad?

No some are really good.

But it is up to the creator to get the momentum going, and to keep it going.

Abandon your own creation, and everybody goes back to V4/M4.
What do you want???
V4/M4 have 4.000 support items.

Yep. Momentum is very important..After a month most figures go quite..Must keep the excitement alive..

My Renderosity Store

vilters ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 8:20 AM

If?

If a new figure does NOT bring something special?
=> FORGET IT.

If you as the creator do not start filling freestuff and marketplaces for at least 6 months to a year?
=> FORGET IT.

It you release a figure and did not prepare the release with lots of support items from several quality creators ready to go?
=> FORGET IT.

If you as the creator say in public that you are working on a next project?
=> FORGET IT.

This has been so in the past, and it will stay so in the future..

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 8:29 AM

I would have made antonia work if she had had more polys.

I would have kept using eve if she hadn't been put in jail.

Apollo was a bit puffy and lacking muscle definition - especially his back for my liking.

Clarke had a foot issue.

It is not just the lack of support.  Others would support a good figure.

Love esther

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 8:32 AM

She does bend well. But I see this one going the way of Mariko. Maybe not as fast, but in the end....

Laurie

3-DArena ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 8:34 AM

Quote - Congrats to Tate and team on the launching of their new figure! Extra kudos for offering another alternative for Poser users while keeping other software in mind! I know that takes extra work and I think you should all be appauded for your efforts!

PS

Thanks for the long sale! :-) Some of us just laid out for a club membership and need to stock the dollars back up!  Hopefully we will also see some items for Michelle in Prime!

Don't know about prime, but there will be some Real Deals (which are cheaper & don't require a membership fee ;-D ).

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

Zev0 ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 8:34 AM

Quote - I would have made antonia work if she had had more polys.

I would have kept using eve if she hadn't been put in jail.

Apollo was a bit puffy and lacking muscle definition - especially his back for my liking.

Clarke had a foot issue.

It is not just the lack of support.  Others would support a good figure.

Love esther

Others would support a good figure if the figure brought them money. No matter how good a figure is, if its only used by a handfull of people, vendors will think twice financially about investing in it. Others do it out of loyalty etc...

My Renderosity Store

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 8:36 AM · edited Thu, 26 July 2012 at 8:37 AM

I'm still waiting for that one, ultra realistic male figure to knock my socks off ;). Anastasia did it, GND4 does it. Of course, they are only morphs, but they SHOULD be the base (at least in Alyson 2's case. Ugh). I STILL intend to get Irina and GND2 one of these days cause I would still use those too.

Laurie

vilters ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 8:37 AM · edited Thu, 26 July 2012 at 8:39 AM

Top vendors will only start building for your figure after it has become polular..
Not before.
They want a return for their investment.

It is up to you, the creator, to get your figure through the first 6 months, to get him/her popular.

If you do not succeed to make your own figure popular, no body else will do it for you.

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 8:38 AM

Yes, a great new male would be really nice.  preferably taller than michelle so that default couples poses suit my taste better.

Love esther

Zev0 ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 8:40 AM

see? we already talking about a new male figure..tisk tisk tisk...

My Renderosity Store

Zev0 ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 8:41 AM

Quote - Top vendors will only start building for your figure after it has become polular..
Not before.
They want a return for their investment.

It is up to you, the creator, to get your figure through the first 6 months, to get him/her popular.

If you do not succeed to make your own figure popular, no body else will do it for you.

So sad, But So true...

My Renderosity Store

vilters ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 8:42 AM · edited Thu, 26 July 2012 at 8:46 AM

See Ester, THAT is a KILLER.
(Sorry)

Michelle is not cold yet and you ask for a NEXT project.

if the creator now anounces he/she will start on his/her NEXT project?
Michelle is as good as dead.

Edit:
if Michelles creators do not concentrate the next 6 months to a year to get her popular?
Well, you know the outcome.

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 8:49 AM

hey, when the vickies come out someone always asks for a david or michael.  the girls get lonely.

Love esther

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 8:49 AM · edited Thu, 26 July 2012 at 8:54 AM

Quote - see? we already talking about a new male figure..tisk tisk tisk...

Huh? I wasn't asking anyone to make one...lol. I was just thinking out loud, more or less ;). We have MORE than enough in the female dept. I can only render so much boob, slutty outfits and impractical armor...lol. (not that there's anything wrong with that :P).

Laurie

dphoadley ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 9:25 AM

Quote - see? we already talking about a new male figure..tisk tisk tisk...

All this is why I still stick with my PosetteV3 and my Hybrid Dork!  

Hybrid Dork I made by splicing my remapped Dork's neck with the Michael3RR's neck, and then reassembling him with Dork's body and Michael3RR's head.

Dork's body has great muscle definition, better than most other figures, he's low poly enough so as not to make scene render a problem, and with the M3RR head, he has a very realistic head too! 

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

toastie ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 10:08 AM

Some very nice looking renders of Michelle over at RDNA.

vilters ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 10:22 AM

Quote - hey, . . . . .  the girls get lonely.

Love esther

Where are they?
Where are they?
Where are they?
Phone numbers please?

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 10:34 AM

Quote - > Quote - hey, . . . . .  the girls get lonely.

Love esther

Where are they?
Where are they?
Where are they?
Phone numbers please?

LOL

Laurie

brenrem ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 10:45 AM

So is Michelle the speculated figure that Smith Micro was working on or is she something different?

But I'm with Laurie on the ankles and feet. Not appealing at all. There needs to be some definition around her ankle area because it just looks right now that she has cankles.  LOL

I'm going to wait and see what else appears for her cause of right now, nothing released appeals to me much.

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 10:46 AM

No, she's not an SM figure.

Laurie

brenrem ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 10:50 AM

I didn't think so but I thought I'd double check. Is the "speculated" new figures still being "speculated" about. LOL   I thought I had read somewhere that some awesome Poser people were helping develop new SM figures. Or maybe that was just a dream. :)

Quote - No, she's not an SM figure.

Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 10:51 AM · edited Thu, 26 July 2012 at 10:52 AM

No, I think SM is working on something, but Michelle isn't it ;) She's Runtime DNA.

Laurie

ssgbryan ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 10:59 AM

Quote - I really like her body shape a lot.  And the wm version bends really well.  She's got lots of nice polys around her lips and eyes so someone should be able to make some really good morphs for her.  I think she has heaps of potential.

Antonia died because she didn't have enough polys and thus her face always looked the same with thin straightish lips and a sharp nose.  And because her supporting team must be working on something top secret and have gone underground.

Eve died because she broke copyright.

Clark died because he was accused of having polys from apollos foot in him.

Apollo died because anton made some funny restrictions on his use and also suddenly made him free after people had bought him, and stopped supporting him at all and disappeared from the poserverse.

So I think michelle is a different kettle of fish really.  She will make the big time I feel.

Love esther

When did Antonia die?  And what is the definition of "dying"?  I am still using her and Apollo.

I missed out on Eve & Clark, but any character that has Wardrobe Wizard or Xdresser support isn't "dead".

monkeycloud ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 11:01 AM · edited Thu, 26 July 2012 at 11:01 AM

Quote - No, I think SM is working on something, but Michelle isn't it ;) She's Runtime DNA.

Laurie

Hmmm... looking forward to the release of Poser Service Release 3 methinks? 😉

Around about August-ish... I think I heard??

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 11:31 AM · edited Thu, 26 July 2012 at 11:32 AM

Quote - Hmmm... looking forward to the release of Poser Service Release 3 methinks? 😉

I have no idea..lol. I just wait for someone to mention that stuff in the forums ;).

Laurie

WoolyLoach ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 12:53 PM

She looks pretty good to me, XDresser support "out of the box" is a WIN as far as I'm concerned.

Reasonably priced, as well.  She's worth a shot, I can only go so far with V4/A4/S4.

Wishlisted until I get paid next week!

Gremalkyn ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 1:58 PM

Quote - All this is why I still stick with my PosetteV3 and my Hybrid Dork!

I will give Michelle a good look, but the quote sums up the bulk of my work, except mine is about 90% Posette (P4), 5-7% props for her, and the rest is lighting, cameras, and environments (rooms and outdoors).  I am still learning the basics, so I will probably use newer figures later when I want some variety, but Posette is fine for learning about shadows, magnets, hair room, etc.

dorkati ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 2:09 PM

file_484341.jpg

About feet. It is personal taste. I prefer narrower feet with longer toes so this is why I made 2 feet morphs in my morph pack (GHD-Morphs)

one of them can set feet shape and the other adjust toes so you can dial them separately as you wish. And Michelle has some other own original morphs to shape her feet for your taste. This is a basic figure and with included morphs (and with my add-on too) you can dial as you want so you can shape her for your own taste.

@vilters

neck is personal taste either...have you ever seen Audrey Hepburn? :) Her long and very thin neck...it seems can't hold any head :D

And actually I am happy to see those polys on spine, because I plan a creature and for that I will need those polys soooo much :D

tate ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 3:40 PM

file_484344.jpg

Just a quick heads up. I have been doing my best to listen to all constructive crits and, I have been working all day creating morphs that I hope will help you have more control over the shape you are looking for. Netherworks and I are planning on supporting Michelle 100%. Here are a few of the added morphs that will be in Michelle's next update. Thank you all for your input. It is going to take us a few to get out the update so, please be patient with us while we continue to work to make Michelle the best figure we can offer!

Thanks,

-tate

If you have any more input you would like to share we check this thread on RDNA often.

http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?71937-What-do-you-want-to-see-in-Michelle-s-next-update

Those foot morphs look great dorkati! I can't wait to try them out.

jestmart ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 10:33 PM

I would like to second the request for some wireframe shots.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 10:37 PM
Online Now!

I'm working on a texture for her but the going is slow right now.

Too many other fish in the kettle and it's hard to get more in. lol.

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

Tessalynne ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 11:37 PM

Image 2 on the product page is a mesh view for those asking about that.

grichter ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2012 at 12:36 AM

Have not bought yet. But will shortly. I like the fact you have made a lot of different mophs in the face area. Not a Zbrush user, but by the vast amount of options available to us dial spinners gives us ton of choices. Good job to those involved. Appreicate the hard work and thought put into the various options.

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

shedofjoy ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2012 at 4:14 AM

Im guessing that michelle does not come with genitals?, i ask this because im sure that there are others that want to know this. dont get me wrong, its not a must but it seams a figure without genitals is a bit incomplete, although i am the only person aparently to ask for a remove genitals morph for GND4 according to Blackhearted.

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2012 at 4:28 AM · edited Fri, 27 July 2012 at 4:30 AM

There are genital morphs with:-

GHD-Morphs for Michelle LINK TO PAGE

Thee are 2 Genitals options, but are more on shaping than anything else.

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

monkeycloud ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2012 at 5:53 AM

Quote - > Quote - Hmmm... looking forward to the release of Poser Service Release 3 methinks? 😉

I have no idea..lol. I just wait for someone to mention that stuff in the forums ;).

Laurie

He he.. just stirring 😄

The apparent delay in these new figures, and revamped figures, materialising can only be a good thing, to my mind... hopefully.

Meantime, it's great to have Michelle coming along too, I think... options are good 😉

dorkati ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2012 at 7:29 AM · edited Fri, 27 July 2012 at 7:31 AM

Genitals in Michelle is not a full realistic copy of female genitals. I am not the creator of Michelle, so this is only my opinion, but she is not for XXX pages. Gladly IMO. 

My morphs are only a pubic forward, where it is a little bit larger and 2 shape morphs, but non of them are realistic (not full detailed), just give some options to change that area too.

And again to everyone who has problem any face or body part. Don't forget, she has morphs. And now I mean not only my Morph add-on, but already included morphs by Tate. So I think everyone can find a lip, now, breasts shape to fit their taste.

Look all promo images, not only where Michelle base is shown. The others can show how can change her face and body.

And there are always options for new morphs (empty channels inside or pmd) if there are special requests.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.