Sat, Sep 21, 5:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Tenchi in Poser??

obfuscate ( ) posted Wed, 05 September 2001 at 5:31 PM ยท edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 8:02 PM

I'm really not one for extensive web searches, sifting through page after page of garbage in hopes of finding one thing. So, I prefer to ask a group, and use the combined resources of everyone's experience. Has anyone made, or seen, things for making Tenchi Muyo characters in poser? I'm pretty good at working with poser, and I can tweak, texture, and combine things just fine. However, I'm not very good at making entirely new things. 3DS Max basically confuses the heck out of me, with a dozen menues to sort through before you find what you think you need, only to find out you missed a step along the way. That's a very hard program to learn without an instruction manual. I wish I could make some things myself, but as I just explained, I really can't. I also don't have much time, with a busy work schedule. It would be months before I got to where I could make a simple hair prop for say(somebody simple) Sasami. Though now that I think about it, I could probably do her har by taking the pigtails hair already in poser, applying a few magnets, and adding bangs. Ok, so I answered myself there. There are some greater challenges though, Ryoko's and Washu's hair for example, or Ryoko's catsuit, with the puffed sleeves, coming down onto the backs of her hands, and covering her feet too. So to shut myself up before Itype a novel here, if anyone knows a website, a 3D artist willing to help, or some things I haven't thought of or realized, please let me know. I got the inspiration to do some Tenchi stuff months ago, but haven't been able to act on it yet.

thorntoa ( ) posted Thu, 06 September 2001 at 11:16 AM

I don't know of any ready made characters from the Tenchi universe - there are a few anime like characters out there that might be adaptable though . . . I'd like to have a Ryoko myself . . .

Allan Thornton

obfuscate ( ) posted Thu, 06 September 2001 at 12:00 PM

Ah, Ryoko, yep she was the first one I had wanted to do too, but she's probably also the hardest. She has fangs, unusually chaped ears, and what may look like a mop of har, would be pretty fifficult to do by just applying magnets to some already existing model. Washu, I think would be the absolute hardest hairstyle to make, but Ruoko comes in a close second. Of course once Washu's was successfully done, Nagi would be easy.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Thu, 06 September 2001 at 10:54 PM

There are anime characters already, which will get you the basic morphs for tiny chins and big eyes. Check the Japanese links (DigitalBabes is the starting point, then branch out) to get to the hair. The rabbity creature will be your hardest thing; I'm not sure what you'd use for a base. Carolly

Wizzard ( ) posted Thu, 06 September 2001 at 11:13 PM

Attached Link: http://homepage2.nifty.com/zokeimaster/chr_download.html

Zokie did up some wonderful Anime style figure that would be an excellent base for the magesame figures 8 ) the Hair would be a trip indeed... good luck 8 ) ryooki? hrmmmmmm.... the cabbit might be started off with the 9 lives cat I think Lynne did it or Bloodsong..

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.