Sun, Sep 22, 1:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 10:34 pm)

Subject: crazy eyes

Glen Wilson ( ) posted Tue, 04 September 2001 at 4:59 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 11:41 PM

can anyone help??? ive just transfered aload of morph targets to a figure, but for some queer reason, the new figures eyes have gone crazy. When i adjust their left right up down settings, they seem to pop out as if disconnected from head!! also, should the bend setting be checked on eye balls?? sometimes when i uncheck it, it makes for better adjusting. Thanks in advance.

bloodsong ( ) posted Tue, 04 September 2001 at 6:07 PM

heyas; it sounds as if either the eye joint centers have somehow been moved.... or, if there are morphs on the head and eyes that move the eyes, this might be causing the problem. usually no bend is best for eyeballs, but it depends on how the joints are set up. just remember if bend is turned off, your eyes wont respond to magnet adjustments until you turn it back on.

Roy G ( ) posted Thu, 06 September 2001 at 2:08 PM

file_207978.jpg

I have this same problem, and here is what I have found concerning the P4 Woman. The joint parameters on the Z-axis are set to 0.030. The problem is that the actual center of the eyes on that axis is at 0.0296 so when you roll the eyes down they are off center and pop out of the sockets. I made a GIF to illustrate. Sadly while Poser will let you enter in the correct number for the Z-axis it then rounds it off back to 0.030 The best way to fix this would be to morph the eye balls back to the center of the axis, and scale them up just a little to fit the socket. I have tried to do that, but the eyes don't seem to want to import into Rhino then back to Poser. Maybe someone else with more experience could do this.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.