Wed, Sep 25, 3:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Challenge Arena

Welcome to the Challenge Arena Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Challenge Arena F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:51 am)

Welcome to the

Challenge Arena

This forum is dedicated to learning, creating and pushing yourself to meet the
challenges that have been posted by other members of Renderosity.

Hope to see you here!

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: ATTN:Question for all Challenge takers..please read.

GeorgeD ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2001 at 3:59 PM · edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 8:45 AM

I'm writing up next months challenge and wanted to know before going further how many of you use Poser and how many don't. Also..Of those that do use Poser how many have Michael and/or Victoria? For those who don't have Poser...no worry...part of this challenge can be done by those that don't too:) GeorgeD

RimRunner ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2001 at 4:55 PM

While I haven't had the time recently to actually post anything Ive done for the recent challenges, as I take too long finish one before the next starts. LOL. Anyway, I do still try as work permits. To the point of you question though, I do have poser, but not Michael or Victoria. When I get to that point, I hope to be able to do my own. ;)

The doctor says I have way too much blood in my caffeine system.

TRLee ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2001 at 12:55 PM

I have Poser, but not Mike or Victoria.

GeorgeD ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2001 at 1:43 PM

That's ok...as you can see from the next post on the next challenge. I changed it a bit so any figure will work. I was going to focus on Mike and Vic but realized it may be to tough for everyone.

MikeJ ( ) posted Tue, 07 August 2001 at 1:00 PM

I've got both of them, Mike and Vicki. I wish I had time to do the challenges. I really wanted to do the Magazine Cover challenge, and I started on it too, but then my system rebelled against me and decided it was time to erase everything and start over...fortunately, I had only just begun it. ;) When this Vue contest I'm managing is over, and my PC is back in a condition which I consider normal, I hope to participate in the future Challenge Arena happenings. I LOVE the concept for the new one about Chess, but I'm not equipped, model-wise to do much about it, althouh I'm mulling over a simple portrayal, which I might be able to pull off. Well, you asked. ;)

GeorgeD ( ) posted Tue, 07 August 2001 at 1:17 PM

I'm working on a chess board model for the free stuff which should be done today sometime. I figured the board may be of some use for this challenge. G-

MikeJ ( ) posted Tue, 07 August 2001 at 1:24 PM

Yes, it would! I do remember very explicitly the computer chess game you're talking about, although there might have been something wrong with the monitor I saw it played on. Everything was a bright violet, and different shades of violet. The players' animated icons would literally battle it out briefly on a square, and the loser would fade away. Very cool for the time, but rather primitive compared to what's out now. :)

ColCasey ( ) posted Thu, 16 August 2001 at 11:59 AM

I too Have poser but not Mike or Victoria

Dalthyrian ( ) posted Sat, 01 September 2001 at 6:52 PM

i have and use poser, but i don't have any other chars for it unfortunately... cash flow isn't great here :)

tubaman ( ) posted Thu, 06 September 2001 at 6:04 PM

I'm new the the Challenge Arena, but I hope to start participating. I have Poser and Mike, but no Vicki yet.

morganne ( ) posted Tue, 02 October 2001 at 6:10 PM

I have poser, but I only have poser 3, so I dont have mike or vicki yet... Im planning on getting poser4 soon, though... what are some benifits to having vicki and mike? I might think about getting them as well!

GeorgeD ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2001 at 12:26 PM

Vic and Mike add alot more options to creating better and different looking characters as well as adding a lot more realisim to images compared to the default P4 figures. GeorgeD

kelley ( ) posted Wed, 31 October 2001 at 8:33 PM

Greetings:

Just bought Poser 4.0, and I want Vue d'Sprit. (but am EXTREMELY impressed by the work of AGOR in Bryce.) I have worked in Strata 2.5 for a long time and have dabbled in 3D Studio Max. My question:how does the challange work? (Oh, and Victoria is in the mail)

Kelley

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.