Tue, Sep 24, 9:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 9:01 pm)

Subject: Macintosh users PLEASE READ

Atrice ( ) posted Thu, 06 September 2001 at 4:58 AM ยท edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 9:28 PM

I"ve posted a suggestion on Community Ideas Forum for a forum aimed at Mac users. If this idea appeals to you please post a reply there-the more support the more likely it is to happen! Please go to Admin Forums>Community Ideas>Macintosh Forum Thanks Atrice

tubaman ( ) posted Thu, 06 September 2001 at 6:22 PM

It doesn't really seem all the necessary to me. Most things I see here relate to 3-D in general, or program specific. There seems to be very little difference in platforms from what I can tell. As a Mac user, I'm wondering what reason would there be for a Mac Forum on this site.

Atrice ( ) posted Thu, 06 September 2001 at 6:59 PM

Fair enough, but, as an example, I,ve had replies to queries I,ve posted suggesting the use of software that isn't available for macs. If I had been directing my queries to other mac users I would have got more relevant advice. Many people use Rhino or 3DSMax, neither of which is available for Mac, and I've just found what looks like an excellent Mac equivalent, Pixels3D Studio and I can't find anybody who knows anything about it. So a forum aimed at Mac users seems like a good idea to me. Thanks for the input anyway Atrice

lynnJonathan ( ) posted Fri, 07 September 2001 at 1:00 AM

Been useing Pixels3D for a long time now and of course very few people know about it- its mac only. There website is full of people and links to thier users. A forum for mac only or anything so specific will probly get less attention. Just adds one more place I would have to check for postings.

Atrice ( ) posted Fri, 07 September 2001 at 3:51 AM

Thanks lynnJonathan, I sort of agree with you but draw the opposite conclusion! It seems to me that a mac forum, where people could post queries about mac only apps like Pixels 3d etc would cut down the searching, for me anyway. I'm just trying to figure out Pixels 3d and am struggling a bit (well, a lot actually) I had a look at some of the links on pixels site and didn't like the forums I found. They seemed a bit geeky and hostile to newbies, I'd much rather get info from the friendly and enthusiastic people at renderosity! If you can recommend any particular sites for Pixels3d I'd appreciate it, and would you mind me sending the occasional note if I have any particular queries? Huh? Please? Thanks Atrice

Dr Zik ( ) posted Fri, 07 September 2001 at 2:15 PM

Hi Folks! I agree with tubaman. This is one of the few forums I visit frequently where platform debate and contention generally does not occur. Here it seems we are artists first: IMHO, whether we generate our creations on a Mac or PC is less important here. Platform choice will become even less significant when ultimately 3D Studio comes to the Mac. Thanx to MartinC's MacConverter, most of the props available here can be used on a Mac. I would balk at institutionalizing special attention to Mac users. Peter (Dr Zik)

Atrice ( ) posted Sat, 08 September 2001 at 5:31 AM

Thanks for the replies folks, I appreciate peoples concerns over this issue, if you're interested there's quite a lively debate going on in community ideas under my original post. Dr Zik, is 3ds max coming to the Mac or is that just wishful thinking? I hadn't heard anything about it and can't find anything on the 3ds site. Can you let me know where I can find more info?

Dr Zik ( ) posted Sat, 08 September 2001 at 8:37 AM

Hi Folks! Atrice, MacObserver posted some info a while back that the release of OS X was prompting the development of 3DS for the Mac. I can't confirm the veracity of the story, but all of us Mac user will stay tuned. BTW, there's also a pretty nasty debate going on in another thread about CL not making the latest Python innovations available for the Mac. Peter (Dr Zik)

doozy ( ) posted Sat, 08 September 2001 at 2:36 PM

When you ask a question on one of the forums, mention that you are using Mac. Is that so hard? Sometimes, when a question is asked withough mention of what OS, I like to answer for Mac, and get them to reply: "Thanks, but I'm using Windows." After a few times maybe they will get the idea that there are others here.

Atrice ( ) posted Sat, 08 September 2001 at 3:00 PM

Thanks for the info Dr Zik, I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.