Fri, Sep 20, 8:12 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Will Geforce 680 4GB graphics card work with Vue 10?

drifterlee ( ) posted Sat, 11 August 2012 at 9:36 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 8:11 PM

I am thinking about getting a new PC, and I want it upgraded for the future games and programs. On E-on's website, they do not list the Geforce 680 graphics card or 600 series. Does anyone know if this card will work? Thanks, Sherie

Rich_Potter ( ) posted Sat, 11 August 2012 at 9:38 AM

I cant say for sure, but I would guess it probably will.   Be aware that vue wont be able to use all 4gb of the VRAM though, from memory its limited to 1.5gb?

Rich

http://blog.richard-potter.co.uk

drifterlee ( ) posted Sat, 11 August 2012 at 10:05 AM

Thanks, but I am aiming for the future. I don't want to have to upgrade for a long time.

Rich_Potter ( ) posted Sat, 11 August 2012 at 10:28 AM

exactly which one is it? do you have a link to it?  It will more than likely be an awesome card, especially for gaming :D

Rich

drifterlee ( ) posted Sat, 11 August 2012 at 12:09 PM

I just ordered a new PC with it. An i7 3.6 quad core with turbo boost to 3.8. 64 gigs of RAM. and the Geforce 680 4GB PCI Express dual head HDMI card. Now I am poor again. I decided against the 6 core i7 because reviews said it actually runs slower than a quad core. I know I will have more power than I need now, but I wanted to get a PC that I will not have to upgrade for awhile. Knowing Vue, they will soon require even more powerful PCs than now.

Rich_Potter ( ) posted Sat, 11 August 2012 at 12:12 PM

hmmmm in terms of the 6 core i will dispute that...  I run dual 6 cores and the way vue works is it renders by buckets, so the quad will do 8 buckets at once and the hex would have done 12 buckets..

It will still be an absolutely awesome build though! 64gb! daaaaaaayum! :D

Rich

drifterlee ( ) posted Sat, 11 August 2012 at 3:05 PM

I'm changing my order to the six core. I spent so much already. Might as well get it.

drifterlee ( ) posted Sat, 11 August 2012 at 3:06 PM

Actually, my birthday gift to myself, LOL. It was either that or a horse trailer, and my husband says no horse trailer on the property.

Rich_Potter ( ) posted Sat, 11 August 2012 at 3:13 PM

:D  I bet youll absolutely love it!  Happy birthday too!

Rich

drifterlee ( ) posted Sun, 12 August 2012 at 2:14 PM

Thanks!

silverblade33 ( ) posted Sun, 12 August 2012 at 5:45 PM

Usually nvidia works well with Vue, better than ATI :)

I personally would always strongly recommend keeping game/net, and an art PC completely seperate

a gaming rig is much cheaper/easyier to get than a good Vue/3D rig.

More apps you add, espeically games/Steam/punkbuster etc, more you kludge up your PC...and more security risks

Games do not need an "uber" PC. Both my PCs died this year, gah!! normally I budget replacing them in alternate years (usually they last 4 to 5 years)

(also need net access due to disability, buyign goceries etc so 2 PCs is vital for me)

so an i5 with a 450 or 560 vid card will do fine games are actually behind the curve when it comes ot PC video cards capabilities

then have an i7 for art, and can network/back up/complimentary renderer, to the game machine if need.

my 2 cents :)

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.