Thu, Sep 19, 3:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:39 pm)

Subject: Cloth room weirdness

Kalypso ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 3:45 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 8:17 AM
Site Admin

I'm trying to calculate this dynamic sim with windforce as well and there seems to be an "exploding polygon" or something that does not follow the sim.   Any idea what could be causing that?

EnglishBob ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 5:15 AM

I've had this in the past where n-gons were involved (i.e. polygons with > 4 sides). Is this your own modelling, a freebie, or a commercial item? In the former two cases, I could have a look at it.

Kalypso ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 5:25 AM
Site Admin

It's actually a conforming dress from Poserworld that I'm trying to convert to dynamic but thanks anyway.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 6:12 AM

I may have it, if it's not too recent.

Kalypso ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 11:23 AM
Site Admin

I don't think it's too recent, it's  the Mia dress.  I did nothing to it but import the .obj to use as dynamic and constrained the straps.

cfpage ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 1:04 PM

if you export the defected dress and import it to a 3d app, or back to poser you can get a better idea of what is causing it (its porbably a unwelded vert or ploy)

EnglishBob ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 1:13 PM

Curious - I have Mia tops and skirts for various figures from PW, not dresses, and they're dynamic already. Plainly not the same thing... I don't recognise that dress, but I do have a load of PW stuff so who knows?

Kalypso ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 4:34 PM
Site Admin

That's strange, I don't have any other Mia clothing just the dress :)  It's on this page

http://poserworld.com/Downloads/Victoria.4/10628/Mia.for.Victoria.4.aspx

and the zip's name is Mia-V4.

cfpage, I'll try importing it with the weld option in Poser, maybe that will help.  

aRtBee ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 4:54 PM

Two misbehaving vertices, as I can see. Put them back in rank :)

But why the trouble with the obj? Just give her the conforming dress, use conform to. Then clothify a part of the dress, eg the skirt might do. Maybe it's a material group already, easy to pick from the list in the group editor.

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though

EnglishBob ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 4:59 PM · edited Tue, 14 August 2012 at 5:01 PM

file_485139.png

They re-used the name. How confusing. This is the set I have:

http://poserworld.com/Downloads/Other.Figures/9398/Mia.set.aspx

I don't have the V4 Mia Dress, sorry.

Anyway... Do you have UVMapper Pro? If so, open the geometry file in there, and do Select > Facets > N-sided, then choose 'More than' and 4 sides. That will tell you if there are any >4-sided polys, which is what I would have looked for had I owned the clothing in question... (deep breath)

For dynamic simulation, triangular mesh is best; UVMP can do that for you too, along with any welding that may be needed.

I'm a bit surprised that the dress isn't set up for dynamic (or at least hybrid) use, since Steve generally makes dresses and skirts that way nowadays. Just seen aRtBee's post, I see we are of the same mind. :)

Kalypso ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 10:37 PM
Site Admin

aRtBee, I was originally going to use the conforming version and just clothify the hip part as I usually do but I've used many corrective morphs for the upper arms and collars that the straps just woudn't behave so I figured "why not make the whole thing dynamic?".   At some point I did try your suggestion but the skirt part separated from the rest of the dress. 

EnglishBob, thank you, unfortunately I only have the free version but will try saving the .obj through that as I recall that fixes some things.

In any case, I just ended up using the dress as a conforming item and it didn't turn out that bad :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.