Mon, Sep 30, 7:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 3:32 am)

Subject: Pull/Translate Problem

stagehand ( ) posted Wed, 15 August 2012 at 11:04 PM · edited Mon, 30 September 2024 at 7:16 AM

I am working with Poser Pro 2010 and having some trouble moving objects around the viewport. With the Pull/Translate tool selected, if I click on an object to move it, the object immedately jumps several pixels to the right and in the down direction. Then if I move the cursor, the objects stays roughly the same distance away from my curor location. To the point where I'm actually draging the cursor outside of the view port while trying to position the object still in the view port.

I am wondering if there is some configuration setting that is causing this, if it's a known bug, or just something unique to me? This happens both using my mouse or my pen. I've also tried turing the tablet setting on and off in the preferences. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Vampires

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 16 August 2012 at 7:23 AM

Are you using OpenGL? I'm not really sure about this, but it doesn't hurt to try: try changing your view to Sreed by right clicking in the view port and chosing it from the flyout menu. My figures and things used to jump around when I tried to use OpenGL in previous versions.

Laurie

stagehand ( ) posted Thu, 16 August 2012 at 9:37 AM

Hi Laurie, I am using OpenGL, so I will give your suggestion a try tonight. I'm also using a Wacom Intuis 4. I haven't found anything specific but I've seen some hints that it can cause a problem.

Thank you!

Vampires

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 16 August 2012 at 11:13 AM

I don't use those buttons at all. I tend to use the sliders in the parameters box on the lower right hand side. I can either slide the faders or double click on the fader to bring up the edit dial menu and change the parameters there. I found out early on that using the editing tools didn't work very well with me. And I can get a character posed or put an object where I want to in the scene 100 times faster and without the frustration.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Thu, 16 August 2012 at 11:52 AM

Quote - ... I'm also using a Wacom Intuis 4.

Ensure your preferences are set to 'Tablet mode'

Free stuff @ https://poser.cobrablade.net/

sandman_max ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2012 at 5:27 PM

My system is doing the same thing.  I'm set to Tablet mode and it does it regardless of whether I'm using OpenGL or Sreed.  I'm running Windows 7 64-bit.  Any other suggestions?  Does PP2012 do this or just PP2010?

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2012 at 5:48 PM

Is it doing this with the latest SR's installed?

markschum ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2012 at 6:34 PM

I either use the dials or select the item from the pulldowns and then use the cursor over the tool on the toolbar to move things. No luck at all with click and drag in the viewport.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2012 at 10:36 AM

Using click and drag to move things around in a Poser scene is like a brain surgeon sticking a fork in the top of your head and whizzing it around in order to fix something, or like flying with an epileptic pilot.

Not good in any sense. 

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.