Fri, Oct 4, 3:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: What ever happened to WERTS and others

foxylady1 ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 1:46 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 3:31 PM

I saw this forum thread, http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2854896.  I never knew some of these likenesses existed.

I had the Werts' Humphrey Bogart morph and liked it.  I was going for a forties type render and he fit the image perfectly.

So now I am wondering, what happened to Werts?  Nothing he made is on ShareCG anymore, and he seems to have disappeared from every forum where he posted.  I was going to ask him if he could do a Cary Grant, and maybe an older Clark Gable, but he disappeared about the time I was thinking about it.  Does anyone know?

There have been others that have disappear, like Ness Reproductions from Daz.  Does anyone have a favorite that disappeared?  Maybe some members know where they went.

primorge ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 2:37 PM

RobotMonster... think he just stopped making poser stuff and is concentrating on music. His items are still in the marketplace though.

Maybe this is old news but what ever happened to Anton Kisiel? why did he stop making content? Baffling.

foxylady1 ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 2:39 PM

I still use Apollo.

Quote - RobotMonster... think he just stopped making poser stuff and is concentrating on music. His items are still in the marketplace though.

Maybe this is old news but what ever happened to Anton Kisiel? why did he stop making content? Baffling.

hornet3d ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 5:32 PM

Quote -  

There have been others that have disappear, like Ness Reproductions from Daz.  Does anyone have a favorite that disappeared?  Maybe some members know where they went.

There is Ness Period Reproductions still at Daz, is there any link?

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

foxylady1 ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 5:46 PM

But Ness has not issued any new for a long time.  Daz still has his items in their store.

Quote - > Quote -  

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 5:55 PM

daz haz moved up the PA sale to September.  we'll see which vendors are still active.

i always look forwrad to new stuff from Maclean.  i try to get one of the Home Ones sets every year.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

foxylady1 ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 6:10 PM

So does anyone know what happened to Werts?  I am still disappointed I never got to request anything.

mylemonblue ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 6:17 PM

Quote - RobotMonster... think he just stopped making poser stuff and is concentrating on music. His items are still in the marketplace though.

When you mentioned RobotMonster I tried to go to the Raunchyminds forums to see if he's still posting there only to find that web site has still not been brought back to life. To bad on both accounts. -_-

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 7:29 PM

a form search for WERTS -That username does not exist!

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 7:52 PM

He was very active-and I had been PMing back and forth with him about a WIP morph. Then he was GONE-and all his freebies with him. Most of us suspect he got some sort of cease and desist notice

Quote - So does anyone know what happened to Werts?  I am still disappointed I never got to request anything.

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 7:52 PM

Princess Misty Lara

Yep-he was there-then NOT!

Quote - a form search for WERTS -That username does not exist!

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 7:55 PM

Primorge

What marketplace? Not Renderosity... and links went offline at least a year ago on ShareCG

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 7:58 PM

I don't remember any details-but I do recall some strife invoving Anton-and I THINK he decided it was not worth the hassle-whatever that hassle was. Someone else may know more. He was certainly extremely talented-ahead of his time.

primorge ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 8:44 PM

..."What marketplace? Not Renderosity... and links went offline at least a year ago on ShareCG"...

Go to Renderosity marketplace and select by vendor in the alphabetical pull down, all of RobotMonster's products are currently available.

Had me thinking I was having some kind of Poser induced Hallucination for a second there, Eric Walters!

I've noticed that the best way to view a vendors products in entirety is to use the select by alphabetical pull down... if you just enter a search sometimes you will get few or no results. Strange marketplace interface behavior, that.

WandW ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 8:46 PM

There is  a small collection of some of Werts' morphs still available, so I doubt his or hers absence is due to legal issues... 

http://www.sharecg.com/v/41628/Poser/werts-Movie-Stars

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 9:42 PM

Robotmonster is WERTS?

Quote - ..."What marketplace? Not Renderosity... and links went offline at least a year ago on ShareCG"...

Go to Renderosity marketplace and select by vendor in the alphabetical pull down, all of RobotMonster's products are currently available.

Had me thinking I was having some kind of Poser induced Hallucination for a second there, Eric Walters!

I've noticed that the best way to view a vendors products in entirety is to use the select by alphabetical pull down... if you just enter a search sometimes you will get few or no results. Strange marketplace interface behavior, that.

JQP ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2012 at 4:14 AM

He obviously got angry over something, hence the "yank his toys and go home" approach.  It wasn't legal issues.  If it was just legal issues, he could have put them all into a torxxxx or something before quitting.  Besides, a cease and desist from who?  The legal guild for the representation of dead actors?  No.  If he got a cease and desist, it was from one actor's estate, which would have bearing on only one actor.  No reason to give up altogether.  And it wasn't like he was being very careful to avoid legal issues in the first place; he made it very obvious who the representations were supposed to be, which you shouldn't have to do if they're good likenesses - they should speak for themselves.

He's probably doing his thing under a different name.  In fact, I think he's one of the vendors here in the marketplace.  I recently had a thread on this very subject deleted so I'll just keep mum about the specifics.

primorge ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2012 at 4:16 AM

Perplexed... you said that you couldn't locate RM's stuff on the marketplace and I demonstated that, indeed, RM is still there.

Maybe RobotMonster IS WERTS and it's all been a conspiracy contrived by Trekkie Girl and the diabolical Dr. Geep!

lmckenzie ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2012 at 5:08 AM

"No. If he got a cease and desist, it was from one actor's estate, which would have bearing on only one actor. No reason to give up altogether."

I don't know*.* I think if I got one, I'd consider avoiding the genre altogether. That is not to say that that is what happened. Without further information, I qouldn't be too quick to speculate on motives though. Real life intrudes. Hopefully it was nothing too bad but people become disabled, go to jail, die, get religion and move to a monastery or simply decide to move on - no explanation.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

foxylady1 ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2012 at 7:22 AM

WERTS:  Well, I guess we will never know for sure.  I do miss him, though.

I think Anton just lost interest, but at least Apollo is still available.  I like the model and have used him.  He never had a lot of support, but the hair creators did continue to make hair to fit him for a very long time.  I used Wardrobe Wizard to convert some M3 items for him, it worked really well.

primorge ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2012 at 9:26 AM

Yeah, liked apollo to. Still do, although I'm just coming back to using poser after a long absence. The one issue I always had with the figure was his hand scale and scaling the figure in general. The default apollo always kind of reminded me of Richard Corben's Den character from his underground graphic novels during the 70's and 80's. Corodan made some really nice morph packs for him, too. I was startled when the new version never came out, really disappointed actually. Apollo maximus always had that finely crafted open-source vibe that I find appealing.

foxylady1 ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2012 at 10:48 AM

Is there a thread on any of the forums which list what is available for Apollo, either free or in the stores?

Alisa ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2012 at 11:13 AM · edited Mon, 20 August 2012 at 11:22 AM

Anton has many of them listed on the site where Apollo is
http://www.antonkisieldesigns.com/~akfiles/htmlpages/ApolloMaximusFree3dhumanfigure.htm#FreebieDownloads

Mystic Nights has pages of links of freebies here:
http://mystic-nights.com/poser/freebie-showcase/Apollo_Maximus/Apollo-Maximus6.html

If you're a Poserworld member, there's stuff here
http://poserworld.com/Downloads/Apollo.aspx

Poser Wiki Content has lots of links, too
http://posercontent.wetpaint.com/page/Apollo+Maximus

RDNA still has Apollo items - just do a seach in their market place

edit - be aware that many of the links on the above pages are sadly NLA.. :(

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

foxylady1 ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2012 at 2:13 PM

Thank you Alisa; Apollo seemed to be a favorite with creatures.

Somewhere on a backup drive, I have a png of Apollo.  I remember the night I was doing the scene, I had him looking just like I wanted, I deleted the buildings in the background and was going to put together a wharf scene instead of a back alley type.  I rendered Apollo, in all his glory, saved the image and promptly closed the program.  Of course I answered no to the "Do you want to save" question, I was tired, needed to get to bed, slightly brain dead.  In all the years since that happened, I have never been able to duplicate the character I created.  One of those moments that you want to do head banging things.

Alisa ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2012 at 3:05 PM · edited Mon, 20 August 2012 at 3:09 PM

Oh, frustrating!   I think Apollo's a great character!!!

edit - oh, and you're welcome :)

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 12:50 PM

I miss WERTS. I used to look forward to his morphs and the excellent promo renders he did of them. I have never used them, just downloaded them because I appreciated his work and talent so much.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 7:16 PM

Quote -

You need to copy/paste the link. He has something on his site that prevents hot linking

http://nessrepros.co.uk/

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 7:19 PM

Quote - Maybe this is old news but what ever happened to Anton Kisiel? why did he stop making content? Baffling.

Not baffling at all. Just a really, really long story that is a sore spot for many people, including myself.  Essentially in the end it came down to the fact that he was difficult to get along with as a vendor and burned too many bridges.

Beyond that I won't elaborate, because it will get this thread locked.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

gloomy007 ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2012 at 3:24 AM

About WERTS I've read that he had to take his stuff off, since he distributed his morphs in .obj form, which is not allowed due DAZ EULA.

As for Ness, AprilYSH made a announcment on facebook , that his stuff will be availible trought Wyrd Sisters.

DAZ Studio Coordinator.

You can contact me in english.

Jij kan mij berichtje sturen in Nederlands,

Mozesz sie ze mna skontaktowac po Polsku

foxylady1 ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2012 at 7:42 AM

Good to know Ness is still around.

What you said about Werts - that makes sense.  Thank you, gloomy007. 

Zev0 ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2012 at 1:31 PM

Quote - About WERTS I've read that he had to take his stuff off, since he distributed his morphs in .obj form, which is not allowed due DAZ EULA.

As for Ness, AprilYSH made a announcment on facebook , that his stuff will be availible trought Wyrd Sisters.

They were in obj format BUT it just contained the point information.The obj could not be opened in a 3d app and was perfectly legal for distrabution because he was not distrabuting any mesh although it was in obj format.

My Renderosity Store

gloomy007 ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2012 at 1:43 PM

Well the info was given on the forums by Administrator, so I do belive it .

Never gt any of his morphs.. so I do not know if you an open it in any other aplications.

Thou Marieah made INIREM poses for a lot of  his morphs.. search share cg for " werts movie stars" :)

DAZ Studio Coordinator.

You can contact me in english.

Jij kan mij berichtje sturen in Nederlands,

Mozesz sie ze mna skontaktowac po Polsku

Eric Walters ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2012 at 8:29 PM

Not me- I never heard of Robot Monster before this thread-nor do I ask about Him/her.:-)

Quote - Perplexed... you said that you couldn't locate RM's stuff on the marketplace and I demonstated that, indeed, RM is still there.

Maybe RobotMonster IS WERTS and it's all been a conspiracy contrived by Trekkie Girl and the diabolical Dr. Geep!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.