Wed, Oct 2, 9:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: WIP: Remapping PosetteV3 to V4 Skins!!

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 6:04 AM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 7:25 PM

file_485479.jpg

As a prelude to remapping MyMichelle, I'm 1st remapping PosetteV3 for V4 skins!

dph

PS: Can somebody make me a list of V4's texture zones so as to facilitate the aplication of MAT files.

And is there a FREE V4 skin & 2nd skin to test on Posette?

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 6:12 AM
Site Admin

I.m not trying to be critical here, just curious, but why are you going from pv3 to pv4 rather than posette to pv4?

If you have one of the latest versions of poser, I believe ezskin 1 would list the mat zones. I'd do it for you but I don't have access to my  poser computer atm.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 6:25 AM

Preview
1_Eyebrow
1_EyeSocket
1_Lip
1_Nostril
1_SkinFace
2_Nipple
2_SkinHead
2_SkinHip
2_SkinNeck
2_SkinTorso
3_SkinArm
3_SkinForearm
3_SkinHand
3_SkinLeg
3_SkinFoot
3_Fingernail
3_Toenail
4_Gums
4_InnerMouth
4_Teeth
4_Tongue
5_Cornea
5_Iris
5_Lacrimal
5_Pupil
5_Sclera
6_Eyelash
7_EyeSurface
7_Tear

Free stuff @ https://poser.cobrablade.net/

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 6:26 AM

Quote - And is there a FREE V4 skin & 2nd skin to test on Posette?

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=69208

Free stuff @ https://poser.cobrablade.net/

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 6:42 AM

Quote - I.m not trying to be critical here, just curious, but why are you going from pv3 to pv4 rather than posette to pv4?

If you have one of the latest versions of poser, I believe ezskin 1 would list the mat zones. I'd do it for you but I don't have access to my  poser computer atm.

Because the layout of my PosetteV3 remap is easier to work with than the mishmash of the original Posette!

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 10:26 AM
Site Admin

Quote - > Quote - I.m not trying to be critical here, just curious, but why are you going from pv3 to pv4 rather than posette to pv4?

Because the layout of my PosetteV3 remap is easier to work with than the mishmash of the original Posette!

Ok I guess that makes sense

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 11:40 AM

One of original Posette's mish-mashes were her feet!  They were never properly mapped! But simply cut off and left as 3D objects in the UV.  There was no view of the soles of the feet, so they could never be textured.  This was potentially an awkard bit in certain Nude Art scenes where the bottoms of the feet were on display.

The lips were another sore point, as the part that folded into the inside of the mouth was all bunched up along the lip edge of the mouth opening.  The mapping of the hands, compared to V2 and V3 was absolutely atrocious!

Since I've already perspired over these points before, there is no reason for me to go back and reinvent the wheel, or rediscover fire!

Yours truly,

dph

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 7:12 PM
Site Admin

I don't blame you for not wanting to fight something like that again. I'm curious about how to do remapping, but uv mapping is beyond my level of expertise.

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 9:56 PM · edited Tue, 21 August 2012 at 9:57 PM

Quote - I don't blame you for not wanting to fight something like that again. I'm curious about how to do remapping, but uv mapping is beyond my level of expertise.

Let me put it this way, if you enjoy jig-saw puzzles, then UV mapping is a snap!  If not, then it's a pain in the derriere'!!!

dph 

meatSim ( ) posted Wed, 22 August 2012 at 3:16 AM

I'm curious as to how you redistribute an alternate UV map version of a figure.  Do you need to redistribute the origional geometry with a new mapping or is there a way that only changes the map on an .obj that an end user has in their runtime

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 22 August 2012 at 9:09 AM

is posette the same mesh as dork, by any chance?

i would luv to throw a M4 skin on Dork.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

dphoadley ( ) posted Wed, 22 August 2012 at 9:29 AM

Quote - is posette the same mesh as dork, by any chance?

i would luv to throw a M4 skin on Dork.

No, but there's been request that I remap Dork one of these days!  If I do, it'll probably by my Hybrid dork that uses Dork's body, with M3RR's head spliced on at the neck. (This is one object file, and the M3RR head is welded onto the body.  Thus the head is more capable of expressing expressions and emotions than Dork's head, and the molded eyebrows are no longer a problem!

dph

CauriBlackthorne ( ) posted Wed, 22 August 2012 at 2:09 PM

why don´t you use blender for uv mapping. there are tons of tutorials e.g. on youtube. In blender you just have to cut your mesh, move and pin the edges and some landmarks like the navel where you want them and blender calculates the rest.

It´s still time intensive but if a complete remap should be finished in a few days. I did a PosetteV4-Remap a few months ago in blender, it took me less than a week with a few hours work per day to complete it. I lost it in a harddrive failure :-(. Result can be seen in this render.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2218921&user_id=247576&np&np

Skin-Texture is Emma for V4

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/emma-for-v4

dphoadley ( ) posted Wed, 22 August 2012 at 2:18 PM

My method while slower, is much more sure!  And, I don't use Blender, I use 3ds Max.  And even Max, I never use to UV map except in the application of UV modifiers.  All actual mapping I do in UV Mapper Pro!

Gremalkyn ( ) posted Fri, 24 August 2012 at 9:32 AM

Is this the same remapping project mentioned in another thread?  If so, where / how do I invest up front?  I am asking in the open so others can be sure, but you can send me a site mail with the details if you want. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.