Sun, Sep 15, 7:13 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 5:10 am)

Subject: Photography Gallery of the Month - August 2012 - durleybeachbum

Meisiekind ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2012 at 9:59 AM · edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 3:47 PM

file_485653.jpg

On behalf of the Photography Staff I wish to congratulate **[durleybeachbum](http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?user_id=525276)** for being selected as our latest  ***Gallery of the Month*.** ** **If you're not familiar with her work Be sure to check out her gallery** ** ** **[***HERE***](http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?user_id=525276)

"To me, photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place... I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them."

Elliott Erwitt

durleybeachbum ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2012 at 10:17 AM

I am GOBSMACKED!

I'm not sure greatgrandmas are meant to use thst word, but it's true!

Thankyou very much for this amazing honour..I didn't even know I was in the running.

Nearly as good as the British girls winning Gold in the rowing this morning!!  And much less hard work.

Thankyou so much,

Andrea

Meisiekind ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2012 at 10:22 AM

Congratulations dear Andrea! This is well deserved and long overdue! You add such value to the Photography Gallery! Enjoy your month in the "spotlight"!!!!

"To me, photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place... I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them."

Elliott Erwitt

whaleman ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2012 at 10:29 AM

Congratulations Andrea! You are a very worthy choice!

awjay ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2012 at 10:44 AM

well done my friend,,,,you have achieved something that i never have

superb

helanker ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2012 at 10:46 AM

OH YAY!!!! Super news here. CONGRATULATIONS Andrea. Sooo well deserved

flavia49 ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2012 at 11:24 AM

congratulations!!

dochtersions ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2012 at 12:10 PM

LOL!!! I don't know what is : GOBSMACKED, as Google doesn't translate this.

But I LOVE, Andrea is: "the stunner of the month"!!!

Do have a fantastic spotlight-month, dear friend.

**So well deserved! 

sandra46 ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2012 at 12:25 PM

CONGRATULATIONS ANDREA!  a deserved recognition! And I'm also happy for the British Gold medal: in the country of the Oxford-Cambridge Boat Race you couln't fail!

ImRassilon ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2012 at 1:10 PM

Congrats! A great gallery deserves a great award. Keep up the good work.

jayfar ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2012 at 1:43 PM

Congratulations and well deserved Andrea.

cfulton ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2012 at 2:18 PM

A golden moment for you, Andrea, you deserve it so!

Shine on, 

Clive

kgb224 ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2012 at 2:37 PM

A great honor to see you being featured in the gallery of the mont of August Andrea.

God Bless.

auntietk ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2012 at 2:49 PM

I'm gobsmacked as well, but only because I can't believe you're only now being chosen for GOM!  I would have thought you'd have been honored long before this.  Your gallery is a master class in portraiture, nature, light and composition.  The way you combine traditional art with photography (ie postwork techniques) is a revelation and an inspiration!  I'm so pleased for you.  As Carin says, the honor is well deserved and long overdue.

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

durleybeachbum ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2012 at 3:23 PM

You are all very kind.  Point and Shoot rools OK for one month.

I have learned all I know about Photoshop from Tara!

MrsLubner ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2012 at 3:28 PM

Great to see you here, Andrea. Frankly, I knew it was coming. LOL.  But seeing it up and watching all these wonderful photographers giving you praise, is really better than just waiting for it to happen. :-)  Congratulations, my dear. 

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

alanwilliams ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2012 at 4:24 PM

Many congratulations Andrea, so well deserved. Yor work is always so full of humour, inventiveness, originality and no small amount of skill.

morningglory ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2012 at 6:52 PM

Deepest congratulations. I have been enjoying your wonderful photography for many years now.

greyone ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2012 at 7:09 PM

CONGRATS Andrea!!!!!  This is a very well deserved honor.  I do think you need to share this honor with Buster, Ralphie, Frankie and Rosie.  I love all your photos, but the ones with the furry kids in them are always a highlight for me. 

charpix ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2012 at 8:21 PM

I know the gallery quite well!  Well deserved...and long overdue, but all in good time. :o) Congratulations, Andrea!!  So happy for you.

costapanos ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2012 at 10:37 PM

Congratulations Andrea! This well deserved and as it has been mentioned, long overdue. 

You inspire me with all that you have done and continue to do on a everyday bases. 

You are one of the first artists I met here and have enjoyed your work. 

In Xanadu did Kublai Khan a pleasuredome erect

mariogiannecchini ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2012 at 11:38 PM

Congratulations , Andrea |!!!!!!!

Glendaw ( ) posted Thu, 02 August 2012 at 7:27 AM

Congratulations Andrea/a nice honor and so well deserved.

anahata.c ( ) posted Thu, 02 August 2012 at 7:39 AM · edited Thu, 02 August 2012 at 7:41 AM

God Andrea, I'm barely here these days and I just now saw this, and I am SOOOOOO HAPPPPPY!!!!!!! I've been waiting for this since I found your gallery my very first month on RR! You are one of my very favorite artists, and I have adored your photography from the beginning. (Just ask me about your photographic still-lifes, or your perfume shots, or your portraits, or your postworked walls and fences and on and on---and those are just from the top of my head!) And you know how I feel about your painting and drawing and tapestries and sculpture---I'm am soooooo happy! This made my day! Congratulations my dear!!!

It couldn't happen to a more deserving artist, we all have the world to learn from you!!! Bigtime bows and dancing in the streets! (can you tell I'm excited????) I'm thrilled to death! Gobsmacked and THEN some, mark

durleybeachbum ( ) posted Thu, 02 August 2012 at 9:36 AM

Goodness me, Mark is SO blushmaking!!

Meisiekind ( ) posted Thu, 02 August 2012 at 11:40 AM

He is a sweetheart!

Elliott Erwitt

blondeblurr ( ) posted Fri, 03 August 2012 at 8:48 PM

Good on 'yer Andrea!

CONGRATULATIONS, my friend and so well deserved! - I may sound like a parrot, repeating here what everybody else has already said before me - but it's so true ...

I have got to know you really well, through your world of photography, here @ RR. and your talent is boundless, there is so much you can do  - I am in awe!

Of course there is always a favourite section - which I am looking so forward to eg. naturally it's your PERFUME collection (no guessing there!) plus your monthly GARDEN-makeovers, your DOXIES, your VISITS to the Nursing-home/Retirement village - the list is endless and not to forget to speak of the UK INSECTs macros ...  simply marvellous!

You are a true winner! 

BB

The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera ...

blinkings ( ) posted Sat, 04 August 2012 at 2:04 AM

Congrats Andrea. Very well deserved. 

wonderworld ( ) posted Sat, 04 August 2012 at 6:08 AM

Huge bravos for selecting the mucho multi-talented queen of all things art!!

BIG congrats to you Andrea my friend from WAY across the pond!!!!    :)

myrrhluz ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2012 at 3:16 PM

This is wonderful and so well deserved!  Many congratulations, Andrea!  Your work inspires and delights me on a regular basis.  Loud cheers and applause!

Chipka ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2012 at 8:53 PM

This is fantastic news and I'm even happier because you used the word "gobsmacked " which is always good...it kinda sounds like a kinda nice rock-and-roll album by somebody along the lines of Patti Smith.  Congratulations on being selected!  I love your work, and on a side note, I cannot look at a padlock the same way again.  An artist is someone who does that: makes someone see the uncommon in the "common" and you do that so wonderfully, AND to top it off, your non-padlock photography and your digifiddles and your sculpture and your gardening are all as exquisite!  Congratulations.  I'm doing the Happy Dance now.

GiMi53 ( ) posted Tue, 07 August 2012 at 4:07 AM

Congratulations, Andrea. Enjoy your month in the spotlight ! ;~)

"In Life, as in Photography, things look much brighter, once you remove the lens cap"

Hendesse ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 10:36 AM

Better late than never: C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!!

CoreyBlack ( ) posted Tue, 28 August 2012 at 12:11 AM

FANTASTIC!! Congratulations on a well deserved honor, Andrea. Your work is always first rate and delightully witty. Cheers!

tofi ( ) posted Tue, 28 August 2012 at 12:47 PM

Though belated, I would like to express my sincere congratulations to our Dear Friend and wonderful artist Andrea for achieving status of GOM this month!  A well deserved choice, whose images and compositions are always one of a kind and I can always detect them without even looking at the name of the artist!  You have such a special way of expressing your artwork, and it is always such a pleasure to view and admire for inspiration!  Once again, a late but  genuine congratulations, Dear Andrea!  Cheers!

A smile is a curve that has set many things straight

nikolais ( ) posted Sun, 02 September 2012 at 11:07 AM

Congratulations, Andrea! So much well deserved! Way to go!

bmac62 ( ) posted Sun, 02 September 2012 at 2:13 PM

I know your month has flown but I couldn't let you go without an "atta girl" from me. Reading all the comments above from the likes of Mark, Chip. Tara, "BB", etc., etc. says it all for me too. I look back in my gallery once in awhile and always notice that you were one of the first people to pick up on my first week's postings in 2008 (that deserves a big thank you). I have been loafing for a couple of months but always find loads of inspiration from the many themes you photograph. Way to go my friend!!! Congratulations.

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes."

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.