Fri, Oct 4, 11:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: OT - Copyright, Trademark, Publicity Rights, Etc

moriador ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2012 at 6:10 AM · edited Mon, 30 September 2024 at 11:33 PM

Josh Wattles, legal advisor in chief at Deviant Art, gives a talk at Comic Con 2012 on IP law relating to fan art.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xKBsTUjd910#!

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2012 at 4:47 PM · edited Tue, 11 September 2012 at 4:49 PM

thanks for the link.  I have a feeling he's right and he knows how to deal with fan art, but I had to click off after a few minutes.  it was the nose-picking, to be honest.  if he can summarise his points on his website somewhere, it may be a big help to people with copyright questions.

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2012 at 5:50 PM

He isn't picking his nose. He's touching it.  It's a nervous tick.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Kalypso ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2012 at 9:08 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

It's a sign of lying, Bill did it all the time when questioned about Monica :)

moriador ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2012 at 12:40 AM

Quote - It's a sign of lying, Bill did it all the time when questioned about Monica :)

Ah, Acadia, looking at your avatar, all I can say is, "Gotcha!"

I mean, I know all cats do this a lot. But then all cats are rather cunning and devious. Now I know how to tell when they're being particularly cunning and devious, which is to say, when they're awake.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

lesbentley ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2012 at 4:42 PM

Quote - I know how to tell when they're being particularly cunning and devious, which is to say, when they're awake.

:biggrin: Too true!

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2012 at 5:32 PM

Quote - It's a sign of lying, Bill did it all the time when questioned about Monica :)

Since he is giving a lecture and educating, I don't think he is lying, and believe that it is a nervous tick. Some people touch their hair, wipe their forehead, cling to the podium, adjust their clothing etc. In this case he touches his nose. Annoying yes, but he likely doesn't even know he is doing it.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

hornet3d ( ) posted Fri, 14 September 2012 at 3:58 PM

I found the talk so interesting I never noticed and nervous tick.  I am going to have to go back and watch it again now.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.