Mon, Sep 23, 1:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 12:42 pm)

Subject: Looking for owl for poser pro

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Mon, 17 September 2012 at 9:06 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 1:23 PM

Hello,

I'm looking for a textured/ posable owl to go in Poser pro please.

DreamlandModels ( ) posted Mon, 17 September 2012 at 9:13 PM

there are four here

http://contentparadise.com/SearchRanked.aspx?searchText=owl

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 18 September 2012 at 2:27 AM

The Songbird Remix series is great IMO... Owls here:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/songbird-remix-owls

Cheers 😉

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 18 September 2012 at 3:25 AM

Noggins has great owls also, I have them and use them alot.  Beautiful birds.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/noggin-s-owl-species

Sharen

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 18 September 2012 at 4:27 AM

wow, those Songbird Remix Owls are great :).

Laurie

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 18 September 2012 at 5:35 AM

Quote - wow, those Songbird Remix Owls are great :).

Laurie

I don't have the owls yet, but I got a couple of the other Songbird Remix packs last time they were discounted on sale... Seabirds, African Birds and European Birds, I think it was, and they are all awesome.

I'm looking out for Ken Gilliland (hopefully) appearing in the current Daz PA sale and maybe I'll grab a couple more... 😉

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 18 September 2012 at 5:37 AM · edited Tue, 18 September 2012 at 5:37 AM

Quote - Noggins has great owls also, I have them and use them alot.  Beautiful birds.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/noggin-s-owl-species

Sharen

Yes, Noggins' birds are also superb I think 👍

DreamlandModels ( ) posted Tue, 18 September 2012 at 5:39 AM · edited Tue, 18 September 2012 at 5:40 AM

Attached Link: http://contentparadise.com/SearchRanked.aspx?searchText=owl

I just looked at the songbird owls and something looks off on the eyes.

The left eye is drifting a little.

I like Sixous owls better and you can't beat the price.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 18 September 2012 at 5:48 AM

Quote - I just looked at the songbird owls and something looks off on the eyes.

The left eye is drifting a little.

I like Sixous owls better and you can't beat the price.

Yeah, see what you mean Tom! He might need glasses to correct that squint :laugh:

DreamlandModels ( ) posted Tue, 18 September 2012 at 5:51 AM

Noglins owl in the link you supplied requires the base owl at the price of 24.95. along with the owl you linked to for 14.95 adds  up to $39.90. Seems a little pricey for a bird but if that is your thing then so be it. Who am I to judge. :-)

Have a good day guys!

Tom

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 18 September 2012 at 5:57 AM · edited Tue, 18 September 2012 at 5:58 AM

Neither Noggins or Ken Gilliland have been featured in the Daz PA sale... assuming they will be, and you were interested in either of their owls... I'd recommend waiting to see if they do come on sale... presumably at 50% off, per the rest of the Daz PA sale?

There are 12 owl species in the Songbird Remix pack.. so if you got it for half price, that'd be pretty good value for money.

The squint will just be the way its posed for the promo, by the way... least so I'd imagine! 😉

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 18 September 2012 at 6:10 AM

I've paid more than 40 bucks for an animal model in my life....lol. That's nothing ;). Is there no one anymore that was around back in the beginning? Wow, you'd REALLY be dissatisfied with the prices then. LOL.

Laurie

DreamlandModels ( ) posted Tue, 18 September 2012 at 6:24 AM · edited Tue, 18 September 2012 at 6:27 AM

Laurie,

Like your tag line.  :-)

Makes me glad I am single. Whew!

Also sounds like, someone is living in the past man....

Just saw your picture on your home page and you are not old.

At least your picture is in color. :-)

Tom

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 18 September 2012 at 6:28 AM

Quote - Laurie,

Like your tag line.  :-)

Makes me glad I am single. Whew!

Also sounds like, someone is living in the past man....

Tom

Nah, that's not aimed at men...just for general reference. LOL. And no, not living in the past, just thinking maybe people don't get compensation for their hard work as much as they used to  ;).

Laurie

DreamlandModels ( ) posted Tue, 18 September 2012 at 6:52 AM

Guess I am older than I thought, as people in the 70's and 80's used to say someone is living in the past man...

Along the same lines as far out and right on. Just a saying to give away my age.....

Look it up in your ancient history books, it is in there. :-)

Tom

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 18 September 2012 at 8:31 AM

Quote - Guess I am older than I thought, as people in the 70's and 80's used to say someone is living in the past man...

Along the same lines as far out and right on. Just a saying to give away my age.....

Look it up in your ancient history books, it is in there. :-)

Tom

Lived it man ;)

Laurie

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 18 September 2012 at 8:34 AM

Well, I'm definitely the youngster here 😉

But even I can remember the 70s and 80s... he he.

I think Tom might beat us both though Laurie... sounds to me like he was still using phrases from the 60s, throughout the following two decades :biggrin:

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 18 September 2012 at 8:42 AM · edited Tue, 18 September 2012 at 8:50 AM

Heh...I guess old habits die hard here in the states. We were still using "man" here when I was a young teen in the late 70s...lol. Of course, the 80's were overtaken by "gnarly", "awesome", "bad" (which means good-go figure), "rad" and "homeboy" LOL.

I must admit that I still tend to say "man" and "awesome" -  the latter being descriptive of my pleasure of the situation. I don't believe I've ever used the terms "rad" or "gnarly" in my life, even tho the late 70's/early 80s were definitely my formative years. I left those terms to the West coast folks. LOL

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 18 September 2012 at 8:49 AM · edited Tue, 18 September 2012 at 8:49 AM

Oh, I never used the term "like" as an adjective either. shudder Another, very irritating, 80s slang invention.

What was the thread subject again? Oh, right...owls. LOL

Laurie

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 18 September 2012 at 8:55 AM

Quote - Oh, I never used the term "like" as an adjective either. shudder Another, very irritating, 80s slang invention.

What was the thread subject again? Oh, right...owls. LOL

Laurie

LOL :lol:

Well, to be fair, I think we've given plenty owly options for the OP between us?

Anyone got any more?

I'd love a model of the mechanical owl, Bubo, from the original Clash of the Titans movie... but that's another story...

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 18 September 2012 at 9:06 AM

Oh, BUBO! Yesh, and with all the whirly things...lol.

Laurie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.