Sat, Sep 21, 11:41 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Help

mstevens ( ) posted Sun, 09 September 2001 at 6:06 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 11:34 PM

I have just opened My new Vue 4 the 4 main windows are in grey and not in white. When I load in an atmosphere the 4 windows turn briefly white and then turn back to gray.When I load in a scene from the extras disk the scene loads in banded with the scene alternating with bands of gray in the 4 main windows but renders ok. Thanks (can you tell I am a beginner?)

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sun, 09 September 2001 at 6:20 PM

LOL you are doing fine....Sharen :-)

Kurka ( ) posted Sun, 09 September 2001 at 6:38 PM

You may have a problem with Open GL. Go to your settings and uncheck the GL option. I had some problems like that.

Cheers ( ) posted Sun, 09 September 2001 at 6:44 PM

Hi Mike, Try updating your graphics card drivers, and if that does not help, turn off OpenGL in the options menu. If you using a GeForce 3 based card, there is a known bug when using it with Vue 4. I also know that ATI cards using the 128 chipset, are quite weak as far as OpenGL is concerned. Hope that helps. Cheers

Twitter: Follow @the3dscene

YouTube Channel

--------------- A life?! Cool!! Where do I download one of those?---------------

mstevens ( ) posted Sun, 09 September 2001 at 7:01 PM

Thanks everybody. I turned off OpenGL and that seems to do the trick. I have GeForce 2 mx (32 megs) with the latest drivers (official) with 4.1 of vue installed. (Now on to page 2)

MikeJ ( ) posted Mon, 10 September 2001 at 8:30 AM

Sorry to hear that your first experience with Vue 4 was such a drag. :( I never had a problem with the Open GL until I "upgraded" my VooDoo 3 card driver. Then I got exactly what you got with Open GL. I reverted to the older driver, and all was well again. Glad to hear you got it taken care of though, and welcome to Vue :) -Mike

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.