Sat, Sep 21, 4:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: My house.

Kurka ( ) posted Sun, 09 September 2001 at 6:41 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 2:32 PM

file_208995.jpg

Vue is a pretty fast renderer. Over a million polygons. About 40 minutes.

tradivoro ( ) posted Sun, 09 September 2001 at 7:16 PM

Very nice... The textures are great, the composition is great, boat model, great angle... About the only thing that leaps out at me is why is the sun shining on the house when everything else is overcast?? but it's a great pic...

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sun, 09 September 2001 at 7:17 PM

Wow, this is really pretty. You did a great job. Very nice. Sharen

Axe555 ( ) posted Sun, 09 September 2001 at 7:55 PM

Hey, this looks great! I see what tradivoro means though. Maybe use soft shadows on your sunlight? Rich

MikeJ ( ) posted Mon, 10 September 2001 at 8:24 AM

Wow, I really like this..great job. I don't know where you live, but here in Florida, especially in the Summer, we get alot of days when the sky is overcast all around, and it may even be raining down the street, while bright and sunny at 3 blocks away. The clouds leave wide gaps of clear sky for the sunlight toi come through. So it doesn't look at all unusual to me, especially since the building has a St. Augustine sort of look to it. Really good picture, I think. :)

Kurka ( ) posted Mon, 10 September 2001 at 12:58 PM

file_208997.jpg

I followed your advice, and rerendered the pic with softer shadows. I grew up in South America where you do see deep shadows like this a lot, however, I shold have included some visible shafts of light. I wasn't able to do it in this pic. So there is my next project. I'm still struggling with Vue. This was an attempt to get some decent low lying clouds. Anyway, here's the other version.

Varian ( ) posted Mon, 10 September 2001 at 1:38 PM

This is great! I love the sandbar in the background, a small thing, but it really adds a lot of visual interest. Although I thought the first was just fine with the lighting, the second version does look even better! :)

Axe555 ( ) posted Mon, 10 September 2001 at 7:41 PM

Yeah, I like the second one even better. The soft shadows just seem to tie in better with the sky. Of course, thats just because its what I'm used to seeing where I live.

Cybermonk ( ) posted Mon, 10 September 2001 at 10:52 PM

Way cool image. Great composition and atmosphere. I can almost feel the wind blowing when I look at this. It looks so... complete. Kudos!

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination".

Albert Einstein

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.