Sun, Oct 6, 1:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: imported 2d images are blue under Bryce7pro on MacOSX 10.6.8

3dvitality ( ) posted Tue, 04 September 2012 at 4:29 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 1:23 PM

Hi,

I know that the blue or blueish images are a known bug of B7 on Macs - but I thought there was a workaround...do you know that workaround or is there no one? DAZ is down at the moment, so I can't look there.

For the ones who don't know what I'm talking about:

When I import a image i.e. for using as background on a plane (ya kno, with the "da Vinci") it comes out blue .

If I have a mapped plane from a earlier Version of Bryce, i.e. B6, all is fine, the images work as expected. Only new imports are blue ...

THX,

Volker

dan whiteside ( ) posted Tue, 04 September 2012 at 7:25 PM

Really nasty Mac bug - the best bet is to use B6 and save out and load in B7, but you can also load images via DAZ Studio or any app that exports .OBJ/MTL.

I create a cube in DS and apply the image and then use the Bryce Bridge to take it over to B7. This correcly loads the image in the Pict Editor. I then copy the cube and paste it into the scene I'm working on and can then be applied to other objects.

Same thing with.OBJ import.

karl.garnham1 ( ) posted Wed, 05 September 2012 at 1:44 PM

Hi 3dvitality 

Regretabbly dan whiteside is Correct you can't import images into Bryce 7.1 Pro on a mac I myself have the same issue. You can use Bryce 6 to put images in and then open them in Bryce 7.1 pro or use Daz Studio like Dan Suggested. If you want to make .obj files in Bryce make sure every group and every object is not in Neutral(note Franontheedge helped me with this problem.) However if it is a Big file say about 24,000 Polygons(not too big considering Some of mine are over a million.) it will not convert to mesh so you will want to do some then save them as 3ds and open them in another 3d program I would suggest Google sketchup as its free and easy to use. Make sure when you select your import the resolution (Dan Whiteside Helped me with this in a big way.) Change the Resolution to either 64 Selected or 128 Selected this will take considerably longer but it will work. Don't try Exporting Lights as when I try this in Bryce it crashes and I lose it with the apple report. DON"T Ugrade from Snowleopard as Lion doesn't work with bryce and I am not sure About Mountain Lion But I assume the issue is not resolved with that either. 

Regards 

Karl

3dvitality ( ) posted Thu, 06 September 2012 at 10:33 AM

Thank you much for your answers, Dan & Karl.  Ther are some very useful advices I didn't know till now.

After some experiments I decided (against my former meaning) to switch over to WIN with my Bryce. A main point beside the bug thing was the better render times ( as my win pc is much faster than my mac mini).

Another point : I have to update to mountain lion for several reasons and so Bryce will be lost so  or so on Mac.

THX again  & kind regards,

Volker

karl.garnham1 ( ) posted Fri, 07 September 2012 at 5:08 AM

Thats  a good idea Switch to a windows version of Bryce as I don't think Mountain Lion is Compatible. Snow leopard is ok But this machine itself has had more problems than a windows pc and for the money it cost thats not really good enough. I am not sure about Mountain Lion it maybe compatible but probably not. Bryce 7 pro is still free on Daz3d for a while So I would download it for windows soon before they change their mind. 

Good Luck 

Karl

wscottart ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2012 at 11:03 AM

Does anyone know? Are they working on a Mountain Lion compatible version of Bryce?  Sure do miss the good ole days when the developers cared about their products.

dan whiteside ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2012 at 12:05 PM

There's no current development at all on Bryce, Mac or PC.

DAZ claims that there is going to be future development though...

wscottart ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2012 at 12:11 PM

Very sad, to me Bryce is the product that opened up a whole new world and changed my career path. Guess I will have to keep a few old macs around and running. Even hate the direction the macs are going nowadays too! And I've been a mac user 4ever.

karl.garnham1 ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2012 at 1:24 PM

Their is a way around this irritating Problem But I am not Entirely sure if it will work. As one Bryce User(Sorry Can't remember name). Said their is a VM Fusion Ware that will enable installation of Bryce 7 on a mac but it will be the windows version. Another Way is Either install Windows on another partition of your hard drive or Install Snow Leopard on a Partition on your hard drive. Personally I think it is stupid what Apple Have Done as the First Bryce version was exclusively for Mac.  In honesty though this mac has been a total pain in the butt and I am not impressed with it at all its not worth the circuit boards that make it up 6 Times I have had to fix Corrupted Hard drive. 

Karl

dyret ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2012 at 6:52 AM

I would just like to tell people what happened when I was studpid enough to install an upgrade for Lion on my Mac. This is just so people don't go around allways blaming DAZ for the problems with Bryce and Macs. So... The update deleted EVERY single preset I had made in ALL the programs I had installed on my Mac. So a years work on music is in some ways just deleted because of Apple. Sorry for the rant, I just feel that DAZ have taken more than they should.

karl.garnham1 ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2012 at 10:33 AM

Quote - I would just like to tell people what happened when I was studpid enough to install an upgrade for Lion on my Mac. This is just so people don't go around allways blaming DAZ for the problems with Bryce and Macs. So... The update deleted EVERY single preset I had made in ALL the programs I had installed on my Mac. So a years work on music is in some ways just deleted because of Apple. Sorry for the rant, I just feel that DAZ have taken more than they should.

Totally Agree with you its not Dazs fault it is Apples fault 100% I refuse to update to Mountain Lion or Lion Because the new operating system in my view is More Obselete then the Snow leopard it has too many Problems. And its not just with Bryce its printers and other things too. 

Karl

dyret ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2012 at 11:42 PM

Thank you Karl. I needed to get that off my chest. LOL.

dyret ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2012 at 11:48 PM

I could also mention that Apple have made it impossible to run their own old os on new macs. Thay can however run Windows! And just to make it clear: this is not a rant against the original poster of this thread. Sorry foo using your thread.

karl.garnham1 ( ) posted Thu, 04 October 2012 at 1:53 PM · edited Thu, 04 October 2012 at 1:55 PM

The Trouble with Apple is they Brought OSX Snow Leopard and it was a new Operating System its not much younger than Lion and the Same goes for Mountain Lion. Operating Systems are Complicated and instead of Taking Time to perfect Snow Leopard they made Lion and Lion is 1 Year Younger than Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion is 1 Year Younger than Lion So Basically Speaking they are spending too much time making new operating Systems than don't work as well instead of trying to improve the old Operating Systems. I Know Operating Systems are hard to make I have a Friend who made 1 in Binary aka machine Code. And he told me there was so much work involved for 1 person to make it wasn't worth it at all. Now Apple have Many Software Developers and engineers But instead of Taking Time and This also Applies to Modellers in Bryce and other Programs used for Graphics or anything for that matter. The Most important thing is to take your time Don't develope new Operating Systems for the Sake of it and focus on what works. 

A Computer is like an old painting spend time doing it and it will work a treat mess about and try to improve quickly and you'll have a dogs dinner. 

Karl

dan whiteside ( ) posted Thu, 04 October 2012 at 7:38 PM

Well, my opinion is that it's also DAZ's fault as well.

They knew Bryce 7 wasn't going to work on OS10.7 before it's release and still made the descion to switch the Bryce Devs to de-bugging DS4 plug-ins. No doubt in my mind that Scopic software could have easily fixed the problem(which mostly involves the registration code) in short order if DAZ management had the desire to do so.

Also, a while back, they hired Brian Wagner. For those that don't know of him, he's the father of "modern" Bryce. He was lead programmer for Bryce at MetaCreations and was in charge of the Mac to PC port of Bryce2 as well as the PC to Mac port of Bryce3. He also did most of the programming of Bryce's render system. Nobody knows Bryce on both platforms like he does. His work on IBL while at DAZ made it one of the most stable and functional of the new features. And what did DAZ do? You guessed it, switched him to de-bugging plug-ins for DS. He left DAZ shortly thereafter. Another Bryce oppertunity lost by DAZ management descions.

The most ironic part is that DAZ has essentially killed the Bryce Mac market (which effects it's other Mac products as well) at a time when the Mac is the fastest growing segment of the PC market.

DAZ's commitment failure to Mac Bryce should concern all Bryce users...

Best to all;

Dan

dyret ( ) posted Thu, 04 October 2012 at 11:24 PM

@dan whiteside: I totaly agree that DAZ have not done what they could. But to blame it all on them is also wrong. Me, I'm left with a fantastic Mac wich will not run Apples old OS and will cost me quite a lot of money to have a second licence for Windows 7. Apple also makes REALLY BAD upgrades for their own OS. The upgrade for instance also turned the scroll wheel function upside down! If I did'nt need this bloody machine for my music I'd just sell it and buy a ordinary laptop. LOL

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.