Fri, Oct 4, 1:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Free guitars - extremely good free guitars

FreeBass ( ) posted Tue, 02 October 2012 at 1:46 PM

Actually, it's exactly how I bought my classical from a pawn shop. 

Classical = 90 degree tuner insertion in headstock, flat radius, no pickguard, & no string retainer pegs on bridge. All present on the model I saw.

Then a close look at the bridge showed ball ends at the back. Steel strings.

For a decent steel string, try searchin' Music2u4u at ShareCG... has a nice Martin D45. Also made the SG I thought was Mask's, the J-Bass in the front row of my pic, a Fender twin, Ampeg bass amp, & some other gear 

WARNING!

This user has been known to swear. A LOT!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 02 October 2012 at 2:06 PM

None of Music2U4U's stuff works properly in my version of Poser - P6.  All of 'em come in with a mass of reversed normals and don't render correctly.

If a classical guitar has steel strings on it - it'll kill the neck.  They're not built to withstand the tension.  Anyhow, there are many non classical guitars built to a similar look but with the necessary strength.  Real early Martins sometimes looked like nylon strung guitars, but weren't. 

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

FreeBass ( ) posted Tue, 02 October 2012 at 3:29 PM

That reversed normals ting is weird... they work fine fer me in P7.

Good "point of interest" fer anyone readin' this thread, though :)

WARNING!

This user has been known to swear. A LOT!

Eric Walters ( ) posted Tue, 02 October 2012 at 8:31 PM · edited Tue, 02 October 2012 at 8:37 PM

Exactly! Steel strings would put way too much tension on the neck.

Thanks for 3 new slang words- I had a friend that used "manky."

I'd like to get a good electric- but funds are limiting!

Quote - O.o If it's steel strung it ain't classical. 

Ropey = manky = pants = bobbins = not particularly great. :) 

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 02 October 2012 at 8:37 PM

I read something on BBC's site about how British words are being incorporated into American English, which is opposite of how people often see it.  

I can, however, take pride in the fact there are a number of people here and at other sites who have adopted several words due to me.  I've seen a few people here use "faffing", which is a particular favourite of mine and one I use quite a bit.

One of my brothers lives in the US - and has done for some years - and now has a weird accent which is heavily influenced by American dialects.  Just to be awkward, when I spent time there, I found my natural accent becoming more pronounced.  :D 

My Store

My Gallery

jerr3d ( ) posted Tue, 02 October 2012 at 9:12 PM

Quote - ... I've seen a few people here use "faffing", which is a particular favourite of mine and one I use quite a bit...

Yeah, I use faffing all the time in non web conversations. Don't know what it means but people always laugh when I say it. ^ ^;

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 02 October 2012 at 9:32 PM

It can mean either:

Having to go through a number of laborious, tedious steps to do what should be a simple job, as in, "I thought it would be simple to change the hair material but it was a real faff about".

or:

Doing stuff aimlessly, or to no purpose, or needlessly adjusting, tweaking or altering something.  Imagine a small child who can't resist pressing buttons, turning dials and the like.  As in, "Samuel, stop faffing about with the television!"

My Store

My Gallery

Eric Walters ( ) posted Thu, 04 October 2012 at 10:55 PM

Bloody Hell! No faffing way! I've heard that before- likely a British friend. Oi used "Mankey" in a sentence recently talking to a British friend. I have a boss from England-who said "jolly good" to something I told him.

Does ANYONE ever say- "jolly good show, old bean" anymore?I am quite the fan of English Slang, but I suspect that is a bit archaic.

Well I'm off to have a peanut butter "botty".

Quote - I read something on BBC's site about how British words are being incorporated into American English, which is opposite of how people often see it.  

I can, however, take pride in the fact there are a number of people here and at other sites who have adopted several words due to me.  I've seen a few people here use "faffing", which is a particular favourite of mine and one I use quite a bit.

One of my brothers lives in the US - and has done for some years - and now has a weird accent which is heavily influenced by American dialects.  Just to be awkward, when I spent time there, I found my natural accent becoming more pronounced.  :D 

CaptainMARC ( ) posted Fri, 05 October 2012 at 2:50 AM

Quote -  

I suspect you mean "butty".

A peanut butter botty would be, errrrr, unusual...

Eric Walters ( ) posted Fri, 05 October 2012 at 6:27 PM

Right you are CapnMarc. HAHAHA!!

Quote - > Quote -  

I suspect you mean "butty".

A peanut butter botty would be, errrrr, unusual...

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 07 October 2012 at 12:34 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

I sometimes say "Jolly good, old chap", but only ever in an ironic sense.  That's to say, when someone's fucked up spectacularly badly.

Yep, "Butty", is a Lancastrian - primarily Liverpool/Mersey now - slang word.  My dad hated it and would never refer to any sandwich as a butty. 

My Store

My Gallery

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sun, 07 October 2012 at 5:04 PM · edited Sun, 07 October 2012 at 5:07 PM

The boss said "Jolly good" in a positive way- I suppose the addition of old chap might be a wee tad over the top. A good ironic phrase.

A former coworker used "butty" when refering to sandwhiches- I always wondered if it was derived from "buttered." She had a thicker accent-not "BBC standard." When she said "what'-it is sounded more like Whuh? I think she lived in Liverpool and Manchester

Quote - I sometimes say "Jolly good, old chap", but only ever in an ironic sense.  That's to say, when someone's fucked up spectacularly badly.

Yep, "Butty", is a Lancastrian - primarily Liverpool/Mersey now - slang word.  My dad hated it and would never refer to any sandwich as a butty. 

CaptainMARC ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 11:54 AM

Attached Link: http://maskda.blog5.fc2.com/blog-entry-745.html

Yo! The Melody Maker is ready to rock.

Now I have to customize it to match the ones I have. I can nab a PAF and the tuners from one of his LesPauls, and even I should be able to model a lipstick pickup.

(Have to wait for a few days though, I have to actually play them and earn a bit tomorrow.)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 12:32 PM

Thanks for the heads up, Captain!

I've posted the info in the Japanese Freestuff thread. 

My Store

My Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.