Sun, Oct 6, 9:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Poser heaven has arrived?

Zev0 ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 3:38 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 8:17 AM

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dson-importer-for-poser

My Renderosity Store

flibbits ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 3:41 PM

Has anyone tried it?  I just DL'd.

Zev0 ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 3:42 PM

Busy Downloading it myself...

My Renderosity Store

hornet3d ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 3:48 PM

Yawn!!!

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Zev0 ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 3:49 PM · edited Thu, 11 October 2012 at 3:50 PM

Here is the official thread.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/9405/

My Renderosity Store

Tunesy ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 3:58 PM

. . . I'm gonna celebrate by getting a new dress for V4.

Zev0 ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 4:00 PM · edited Thu, 11 October 2012 at 4:01 PM

LOL...Genesis is not for everyone..However there are some people who are jumping for joy..

My Renderosity Store

lkendall ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 4:08 PM · edited Thu, 11 October 2012 at 4:10 PM

I always believed this level of cooperation was possible, and in the best interest of Daz3D, Smith Micro, and the whole community.

I would be interested to hear from those who are experienced with Genesis, and Poser, exactly how much of the Genesis' functions and features will be available in Poser.

Or, is this about the same as loading the figures in DAZ3D, and exporting them to Poser?

Regardless, I hope this does much to reconcile the two camps.

Thanks DAZ3d and Smith Micro.

lmk

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

Tunesy ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 4:09 PM

Oh, I was just being silly.  I think they did a great job creating Genesis, just much prefer P Pro over DS.  We'll see how 'seamlessly' this works.  Downloaded it, but not going to install until hearing from some of you how it goes.

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 4:09 PM

Thanks for posting this Zevo. being a genesis user myself, I look forward to firing up poser 2012 again and seeing how it works.

for those interested here is the documentation on the DSON importer

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dson_importer/poser/userguide/start

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

samhal ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 4:13 PM

Gettin' it now!!! :)

i7 6800 (6 core/12 thread), 24 GB RAM, 1 gtx 1080 ti (8GB Vram) + 1 Titan X (12GB Vram), PP11, Octane/Poser plugin, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Oh, and a wiener dog!

Janl ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 4:13 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing what results people get but personally I have enough with Anastasia, Miki, Tyler and Michelle. Not sure I want any more characters right now.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 4:28 PM

Quote - Or, is this about the same as loading the figures in DAZ3D, and exporting them to Poser?

No, it supports SubD for one thing, and Morph Transfer (but not smoothing or collision detection) - though there's a perfomance hit with SubD so I'd suggest turning it off (there's a script included) until you need it (rendering, or very fine-tuning of poses).

wimvdb ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 4:29 PM

At first glance I am genuinely impressed.
User interface for loading genesis and its content is integrated into Poser, this includes the figures, clothing, poses, hair and the MAT files. It is a bit slower to load, but not much.  And even the shoes work, which is more than I got with the exporter

Resolution seems to much higher as the base which we got from the exporter and looks very good.

It really looks like DAZ and SM did a very good job here

Caveat - I only played 15 minutes with it, so there might be problem which I have not see yet

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 4:32 PM

Interesting.  It says you don't need to install DS to use it.

It also says this:

"Some Genesis features such as collision detection and smoothing are dependent upon and function only in DAZ Studio."

Does smoothing mean subdivision?  Does this mean we're still stuck with low-res figures?

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 4:35 PM

Quote - Interesting.  It says you don't need to install DS to use it.

It also says this:

"Some Genesis features such as collision detection and smoothing are dependent upon and function only in DAZ Studio."

Does smoothing mean subdivision?  Does this mean we're still stuck with low-res figures?

No, the smoothing and collision features are DS only and very useful. I miss them in poser.

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

markschum ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 4:36 PM

Poser 9 and up :(  That leaves me out as an old Poser 7 user. Still a good move for Poser/Daz relations.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 4:38 PM

Quote - Interesting.  It says you don't need to install DS to use it.

It also says this:

No, the smoothing is the process that flattens (or rather rounds) the mesh without adding resolution, and collision detection is a feature of that. SubD is there, live, but it accounts for the noted slow down.

wimvdb ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 4:41 PM

I checked it in wireframe. PrintInfo says it is 95K polys

Also pokethrough does not seem to be a problem.

Tunesy ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 4:46 PM

Well, I'm lost on the very first sentence of the directions to load Genesis.  lol.  It says, "The first thing you need to do is browse to: “DAZ People” in the mapped directory that contains your Genesis Starter Essentials content."  How do you do that?  Do I need to create another runtime?  I already had DS and Genesis with morphs installed but gathering dust.  I've installed all the new files as well.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 4:48 PM

The DAZ People folder in the Figures library - to you it's just like loading any content, but the library file runs a Python script to handle the importer in the background.

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 4:49 PM

Well, I don't have PP2012 yet, but I downloaded this for when I do.  This is amazing and I look forward to using it!

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Tunesy ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 4:52 PM

I'm running P 2012, but have all my daz stuff in my Poser 8 runtime.  I accepted the defaults when installing the new files.  I don't see Genesis anywhere in either my P 2012 or Poser 8 under "Daz People" or otherwise.

lkendall ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 4:53 PM

For people interested in Genesis in Poser (9/2012), PhilC has Genesis specific support files for Wardrobe Wizard in the store at his site.

lmk

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 4:57 PM

Tunsey ... I believe, if I understand the description right it is a plug in to import models you've created with genesis in DS ... NOT genesis by itself.  It makes the import process much easier and compatable with PP2012 and P9.

Boni

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 4:58 PM

Quote - I'm running P 2012, but have all my daz stuff in my Poser 8 runtime.  I accepted the defaults when installing the new files.  I don't see Genesis anywhere in either my P 2012 or Poser 8 under "Daz People" or otherwise.

You did install both the full Genesis Start Essentials and the Poser companion files? Do you have a Data folder sitting nextt o one of your Runtimes (presumably the one in the Poser 8 Content folder)?

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 4:58 PM

Quote - For people interested in Genesis in Poser (9/2012), PhilC has Genesis specific support files for Wardrobe Wizard in the store at his site.

lmk

Have those files been updated? The way the importer handles genesis may be different from when the cr2 was being used.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 5:00 PM

I get the newsletter so I just found out.

I downloaded it but don't know when I'll try it with being so busy here lately.

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 5:01 PM

Quote - Tunsey ... I believe, if I understand the description right it is a plug in to import models you've created with genesis in DS ... NOT genesis by itself.  It makes the import process much easier and compatable with PP2012 and P9.

No, it does import Genesis and apply characters 9though materials will need work, if there aren't Poser-native materials as there will be for those which were V4 or M4/Genesis combos). But it does need .duf (DS4.5) files, not .dsf (4.0) and the Poser companion files (a library file Poser recognises, and the Python file that loads).

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 5:17 PM · edited Thu, 11 October 2012 at 5:24 PM

LOL not sure if I'd call it heaven, but choices are always nice ;). I've been impressed with what I've seen of some Genesis stuff.

Laurie

wimvdb ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 5:18 PM

I am even more impressed. The plugin even subdivides the mesh to several levels.

At level -1, it i the bare minimum, at 2 it is even a lot higher as the gen4 figures. You dial the level in at figure level and change it whenever you want

lkendall ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 5:18 PM

Male_M3dia

"Have those files been updated? The way the importer handles genesis may be different from when the cr2 was being used."

PhilC will need to answer that for us. Though, if an update is needed, PhilC will likely provide that. He gives amazingly good service.

lmk

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 5:25 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about PhilC. I'm sure he's on top of it already. LOL

Laurie

Tunesy ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 5:26 PM

"DSON Support" shows up in my "Scripts" menu, but frankly I find the documentation hard to follow.  No idea what they mean when they say, "To see your new content, add the directory where you installed the Genesis Starter Essentials and Genesis Starter Essentials for Poser."  I've never heard of "adding a directory" in Poser.  I know how to add a runtime though.  How exactly do you do "add a directory" in the way the documentation wants you to?

During installation three different paths were referenced.  Which one is daz talking about in the directions above??

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 5:30 PM

I DO have a question (haven't installed it yet)...

Does it allow you to take adantage of all Poser's features like SSS?

Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 5:31 PM

Quote - "DSON Support" shows up in my "Scripts" menu, but frankly I find the documentation hard to follow.  No idea what they mean when they say, "To see your new content, add the directory where you installed the Genesis Starter Essentials and Genesis Starter Essentials for Poser."  I've never heard of "adding a directory" in Poser.  I know how to add a runtime though.  How exactly do you do "add a directory" in the way the documentation wants you to?

During installation three different paths were referenced.  Which one is daz talking about in the directions above??

Means the RUNTIME. A folder is a directory.

Laurie

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 5:33 PM

Thank you for the correction.  I just went by the description at DAZ.  It wasn't really clear to me.  :)

Boni

Tunesy ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 5:34 PM

"Means the RUNTIME. A folder is a directory."  Yes, I know.  During installation it showed my Poser 8 Runtime as first of three directories it was working with.  However, I see nothing of Genesis in that runtime, although the DSON stuff shows up in the scripts menu.

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 5:37 PM

Genesis will not work in Poser 8. You'll need Poser 9 or Pro2012. Genesis uses weightmapping which only Pro 2012 and 9 uses.

Laurie

Tunesy ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 5:40 PM

I'm not running Poser 8.  I'm running P 2012 as stated earlier in the thread.  I'm just using the Poser 8 runtime, which the installer recognized.

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 5:41 PM

Quote - I DO have a question (haven't installed it yet)...

Laurie

That and cloth room.

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 5:45 PM

Quote - > Quote - I DO have a question (haven't installed it yet)...

Laurie

That and cloth room.

Oh wow...I'm there ;).

Laurie

Janl ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 5:46 PM

Quote - I'm not running Poser 8.  I'm running P 2012 as stated earlier in the thread.  I'm just using the Poser 8 runtime, which the installer recognized.

I found the instructions convoluted too. What I did is to install DSON Importer into the main Poser directory and then the two other files into their own runtime and things seem to work okay.

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 5:47 PM · edited Thu, 11 October 2012 at 5:48 PM

Quote - I'm not running Poser 8.  I'm running P 2012 as stated earlier in the thread.  I'm just using the Poser 8 runtime, which the installer recognized.

Why not let it default to where it wants? That could be what's wrong ;).

Laurie

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 5:49 PM

Quote - "Means the RUNTIME. A folder is a directory."  Yes, I know.  During installation it showed my Poser 8 Runtime as first of three directories it was working with.  However, I see nothing of Genesis in that runtime, although the DSON stuff shows up in the scripts menu.

Are you sure you ran all three installers 9or four if you want 64 and 32 bit versions) - the Genesis Starter Essentials has the main files, the GenesisStarterEssentialsCF has the files that end up in the Poser library. If you are installing to the folder you use then that should just work.

Tunesy ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 5:53 PM

"Why not let it default to where it wants?"  I did.

Demon2330 ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 5:55 PM

Quote - LOL not sure if I'd call it heaven, but choices are always nice ;). I've been impressed with what I've seen of some Genesis stuff.

Laurie

I agree but it I wonder if DAZ have done this because by making v5&M5 Genesis they alienated alot of people and and this has affected them because not enough people are wanting to use it instead working still on V4 bases.

Desktop : AMD FX4100 , GT-630 1GB, 4x BD-RE , AOC e2343 23in LED Monitor , 1TB External (120mb/s write speed)(stores my all poser stuff and photo's from camera) and 1TB internal HDD

P2010 , P2012 , P2014 , Reality 3 , Max 2014 , Lightwave 11 , Showcase 2014 

Website @ www.steadyrabbitdesign.freezoy.com (New site still under construction) & Dev art : Tim2700

Tunesy ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 5:56 PM

@RHaseltine.  Hi, Richard.  Yes, I ran all three.  It's no big deal though.  I'm just a casual hobbyist so for now I'll just uninstall.

Janl ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 5:59 PM

file_487542.jpg

Not very pretty in their default state. :lol:

Everything loads from the Library like normal Poser content so things like the material room and the cloth room are available to it.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 6:02 PM · edited Thu, 11 October 2012 at 6:02 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

No desire to use Genesis at all, so I'm not even downloading.

I'm perfectly happy with Anastasia, Miki4, Tyler and the leaps and bounds Poser is making.

So, nope no "heaven" for me. 

And, I'm not going to allow DAZ complete control of my hard drive either.  That's one of the things that ALWAYS pi**ed me off about DAZ.  They think they OWN your computer.

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 6:05 PM

I'd be a fool not to grab something cool and free. If I choose to not use it, fine, but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth!

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.