Thu, Sep 19, 3:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:39 pm)

Subject: is it possible to rotate all the lights at the same time?

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2012 at 11:13 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 3:34 PM

even the ones that don't have a 'set parent' button?

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2012 at 11:18 AM

Not afaik.  You'd have to parent them all to an object first.  You could parent 'em all to an invisible primitive and rotate that.

I've never encountered lights you can't parent, though.  That's a new one on me. 

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

willyb53 ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2012 at 11:22 AM

I think that infinite lights will not let you set parent directly.

For those, change to spot, parent, and change back to infinite

Bill

People that know everything by definition can not learn anything

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2012 at 12:40 PM

Yep, infinite is the only one that cannot be parented.  Willyb53 has posted the workaround.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2012 at 3:15 PM

yeah, those infinity lights.

wasn't sure if i was missing out on a nifty alt-click option.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2012 at 8:02 PM

there's a really good shaderworks light utility at rdna - i think maybe in advanced figure manager - but one of em you can move all the objects in a scene together - just select all the objects you want to move or parent all with a couple of clicks say to the poser grouping tool.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

ashley9803 ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 12:08 AM

This link has a free python called Light Panel which can be used to parent and rotate light sets. I haven't used it for a long time.

I have no idea if the python works in later versions of Poser, but might be worth a bash.

Light Panel

3-d-c ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 5:38 AM

what i usually do is to load a simple prop (i had created a simple ball or something for that) make it invisible in rendering and group all lights under that prop. You can also have some light to "point to" that prop. Then you can move, rotate or whatsover the prop and all lights move along....

Grouping can easily be done with the hirarhcy editor...

3-D-Cs Facebook Page: 3-D-C on Facebook

Check the K-Azonica Story and World Evolving:   K-Azonica

Check my website and products and the large freebie section:   3-D-C

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 5:42 AM

Quote "

Grouping can easily be done with the hirarhcy editor...

"

easilly?  what sort of little scenes do you make?  I end up with a big long list of things in my heirachy editor and it is never easy.

Love esther

3-d-c ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 5:48 AM

Quote - Quote " Grouping can easily be done with the hirarhcy editor...

"

easilly?  what sort of little scenes do you make?  I end up with a big long list of things in my heirachy editor and it is never easy.

Love esther

Turn of all apart from the lights to be shown, that leaves you with very little things showing up in your hirarchy editor. Also, if you keep up the practise with grouping, you can fold the master of a group and dont see the childs.... for example, if i put groups of people in my scenes, i group them under a simple prop, so i can move the entire group around. Then fold the simple prop doesnt show me anything further underneath it.

3-D-Cs Facebook Page: 3-D-C on Facebook

Check the K-Azonica Story and World Evolving:   K-Azonica

Check my website and products and the large freebie section:   3-D-C

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 5:51 AM

even the clicking to close all the things take me ages or is there a button to do it automatically on the heirachy editor that I have never noticed.  It doesn't matter, becasue i use python scripts for all this sort of stuff, parenting, moving things around together, etc and it is really quick and easy.  I'm just surprised more people don't do it my way, but then maybe a lot of people have one figure in a scene, dress it up and take a pic.

Love esther

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 8:37 AM

heirarchy editor is kewl.  it lets things parent that don't have a set parent button.  :)

or unparent things like sub-figures in the dream home rooms.

can a .lt file hold smartparent info?

or does smartparenting lights only work if you save it with the parent in a cr2?

Thanks!

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 9:02 AM

There is also the Grouping Object feature (see Poser Pro 2012 manual page 229, or Poser 9 manual, page 222)

It's basically an invisible, non-renderable prop that you can use as a parent to objects; but it does a bit more than that. For example, you can set it and its children to be invisible or non-renderable, etc. A small example is given in the manual for how you can use it.

ToxicWolf ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 3:11 PM

Attached Link: Light Helper

This one cost money, but it works really well for me.

Poser Pro 2012 SR3

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Intel Core I7 990x 3.46G 6 core

24G RAM

EVGA GTX580 R Video Card

Single HP LP2475 1920x1200 monitor

http://www.toxicwolf.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.