Wed, Sep 25, 5:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 1:55 am)

Subject: poser texture

jack the bear ( ) posted Mon, 10 September 2001 at 5:54 AM ยท edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 3:33 AM

Classical question : I try to use UV-mapper, but I don't know what for with texture map template. I try to paint with Photoshop and when I aply it ino Poser, it doesn't work..

Tuesday ( ) posted Mon, 10 September 2001 at 7:00 AM

When you are painting onto a texture map template keep the colours within the shapes on the template. and when applying the new texture to your model, check the box to apply the texture to the whole figure and then render. that's all I can think of, hope it helps

Bia ( ) posted Mon, 10 September 2001 at 9:43 AM

Jack...Can you post a picture of what you are trying to do so that we can get more specific? I think it could be a number of things, it depends. Post the map/texture and post what it looks like rendered in Poser. (I hope you understand my English! You can try posting in French, there has to be someone fluent in French here).

tubaman ( ) posted Mon, 10 September 2001 at 4:33 PM

More detail about your problem would help. When it doesn't work, how doesn't it? Does it not map correctly? Or does it not even load? Or something else? If the map won't load, make sure you have saved it from Photoshop to a format supported by Poser.

jack the bear ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2001 at 2:10 AM

file_209029.jpg

Hi again and thank u for your help, to be precise my request I wanna make a texture map for this props. In particular a map for eye. I use *.Jpg format for map texture. I try many time. I'm lost.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2001 at 5:08 AM
  1. I'd suggest asking Bloodsong for help with this. 2) I'd suggest also "grouping" your materials before bringing it into UVMapper. If the base is one group, the dog is another, and the eye is a third material, then pulling out each group for mapping will be easier, and you can change the mapping style (box, cylinder, whatever) to fit the group. By having different materials, you can have more flexibility: parts can be metallic or crystalline if you want. Carolly

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.