Sat, Sep 21, 8:41 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 8:40 pm)

Subject: Roman armor?

Gromit ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2001 at 2:10 AM ยท edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 2:30 PM

I've had a hard time finding any Roman armor for either the P4 dork or Michael. I do have the armor from Poser World and also Traveler's Roman soldier outfit, but I'm not satisfied with either one. I am currently using a combination of the two with my own textures. What I would like is a better, historically accurate Roman soldier outfit. Anyone know of any? Gromit

atthisstage ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2001 at 3:30 AM

You're not satisfied with Rena's work??? I'm amazed. It's arguably the most accurate I've seen for Poser.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2001 at 3:50 AM

Rena does wonderful work, and I am in awe at a lot of what she creates, but her sources are often the movies, which are not known for historical accuracy. CacheForge had Roman figures for Poser at fair prices. I haven't browsed there in a while, but that would be my first stop if I needed soldiers from any historical period. Carolly

Gromit ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2001 at 5:16 AM

Who is Rena?

Gromit ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2001 at 5:51 AM

I did a google search for CacheForge, couldn't find it. Do you have a URL? Gromit

Huolong ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2001 at 7:26 AM

a. It's Cacheforce, the props are good. b. Rena's stuff can be found at Poserworld/Fairyworld subscription site.

Gordon

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2001 at 1:35 AM

It is www.cacheforce.com (sorry I'm dyslexic, so a lot of words look alike to me). You'll have to do some poking around. They have a lot of stuff over several websites. Models come in various resolutions and packages and formats. Since they have a high focus on military figures of all sorts, you should be able to find other links through them. Carolly

Gromit ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2001 at 1:44 AM

I found it. They have some really good looking stuff there, and the Roman segmented armor is close to what I was looking for, looks historically accurate for a soldier during the period after Christ. They would have worn segmented armor then, chain mail shirts before that. Thanks for the info! Gromit

hauksdottir ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2001 at 12:16 AM

Good! Glad to be of assistance.

jamball77 ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2001 at 11:18 PM

PoserWorld has a good set of armor for their members $35/6 months $50/yr. They also have some good textures so that you can get some variety from the same geometry. once you're a member the stuff is free. There is just a gob of stuff.

Gromit ( ) posted Fri, 14 September 2001 at 12:32 AM

file_209177.jpg

I got the Roman stuff from Poser World. I'm using a combination of that and Traveler's Roman items from BBay, along with some of my own textures as shown in the attached pic. I created the chain mail shirt texture and the scabbard texture, used the gladius (sword) scaled down for the dagger. The spear is not correct, Romans used a two-part spear called a pilum that came apart when it hit so the enemy couldn't throw it back. I've seen those available in weapon sets on several sites but I might just make my own. Gromit

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.