Wed, Sep 18, 12:49 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: mac users can use PC utilities like morphing clothes

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 29 October 2012 at 6:37 PM · edited Sat, 14 September 2024 at 11:29 PM

without viruses.  And it's being given away for free!  I use it for morcloth and clother.  WEll I already bought it over a year ago but I got this email from the company and thought I better hand it on as it is quite useful for some poser stuff. I can't get the dazhistory manager to work in it but the support guy created an account and he got it working for him.  He's emailed me today so maybe there is a solution as that is one utility I really need.

Hi Folks,

I am happy to announce that we will be providing a copy of CrossOver for free to all comers this Halloween, Wednesday, October 31, from 00:00 until 23:59 pm, Central Daylight Time.  That's the treat - we hope you enjoy it, and we hope you spread the word to all your friends so they, too, can enjoy CrossOver goodness.  The expected 'trick' is that if you're a US citizen, you should go vote next Tuesday.

You can read more about it in our press release here:
 http://www.codeweavers.com/about/general/press/20121029/

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Eric Walters ( ) posted Mon, 29 October 2012 at 8:14 PM

Thanks Esther!

DgerzeeBoy ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2012 at 12:09 AM

Yeah, Thanks.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2012 at 3:36 PM

thx fr info, esth.  apparently they know about poser, too.

codeweavers found out that poser may have some bugs

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2012 at 5:56 PM

interesting, but poser runs on mac anyway.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2012 at 6:00 PM

Cool - thanks for the heads up Esther 😄

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2012 at 8:27 PM

yes, it's true - we've got PP2012 for OS X, but the amusing part for me was reading codeweavers' comments on poser versions, e.g. makers of PP2012 are "unknown/out of business" AFATK. 🤣

monkeycloud ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2012 at 3:48 AM

Cool - well I got my copy. Thanks again Esther 👍

Gonna see how well the free version of UVMapper works with it to start off...

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2012 at 4:00 AM

The free version of UVMapper(Classic) runs on Macintosh natively... It's a UB.
Unless you're talking about the Win. only demo of UVMapper professional?

monkeycloud ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2012 at 4:19 AM · edited Fri, 02 November 2012 at 4:19 AM

Unfortunately UVMapper classic doesn't run on Lion... far as I know at least... which is what I've now got running... as that's what came with the new imac I am now, otherwise, lucky enough to have.

Apple killed off Rosetta after Snow Leopard... needed to run PowerPC apps. So a Wine Bottler or Crossover solution to run the Windows version looks like being the lightest weight option...

It would be great to see support for UVMapper / UVMapper Pro under the latest Intel OS X versions... but that doesn't look too likely to me, at present?

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2012 at 4:31 AM · edited Fri, 02 November 2012 at 4:36 AM

The age old dilemma for Mac/Poser users... Thank goodness for Poser Python.

At least content creators seem to catching on to the fact that you don't need MacConverter for anything poser 5 and up... I do use rsr converter for alot of old things that have rsr's rather than png's, though.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.