Wed, Sep 18, 10:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Victoria and Michael 4 have lost an eye

romangirl ( ) posted Wed, 31 October 2012 at 12:51 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 10:53 AM

Recently, when I opened Victoria 4.2 to create a new purchased character, I found that all the Victoria 4's had nothing but white in the left eye.  A friend just sent me the V4 files, which I will install.  But just now, I opened Michael 4, and his left eye is all white without an eyeball.  I don't know how this happened, but can anyone help?  Thanks! 

romangirl ( ) posted Wed, 31 October 2012 at 1:02 PM

I just went into geometries for Daz Michael and Victoria, and the contents in each folder are identical.  

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 31 October 2012 at 1:04 PM
Online Now!

You are aware that purchased models and contents cannot be shared, totally against licensing agreement.

romangirl ( ) posted Wed, 31 October 2012 at 1:42 PM

I originally  got them free from DAZ.  I'm sure no one else has ever shared.    Thanks for your help.

modus0 ( ) posted Wed, 31 October 2012 at 1:57 PM

If you got them from DAZ, you can go into your Account and reset the item to download them again, free and legally.

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.

romangirl ( ) posted Wed, 31 October 2012 at 2:08 PM

Just for the record, I don't share files.  I had a problem and asked a friend.  Both of us have purchased tons of products from Renderosity and other sites without ever sharing.  Neither of us thought about this being illegal.  He was trying to give me a fix.    Without the Michael and Victoria models, I am unable to create the characters I have just bought.  It really angers me that someone could jump on me and accuse me of sharing files.   People like to sound their own horns.   I asked for help, not the opportunity for someone to act like a politician with unfounded accusations.  

dphoadley ( ) posted Wed, 31 October 2012 at 2:48 PM · edited Wed, 31 October 2012 at 2:51 PM

How about someone actually address her problem instead of behaving like they're DAZ's hired attorney!

Perhaps their eyes are turned around because they have been directed to point at a certain specific camera that is at present behind them.  Check the dial palette  for each eye, and see if there is a dial labeled "Point At", and if there is, either delete it, or set it to zero!  Also, check the eye textures in the Mat Room.  There may be one named either Cornea or Eyeball that needs to be set to completely transparent!  It's only job is to simply create reflective highlights!

Tell me if either of these fixes work.  If nothing else, call me: 972-3-551-5260, and I'll try to talk you through the problem.  I once called Estherau in Australia to help her with a problem too.

dph

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

romangirl ( ) posted Wed, 31 October 2012 at 3:29 PM

Thanks, David.  I did go to DAZ 3D and found the freebies of Vickie and Michael.  DAZ isn't like Renderosity.  You can't just go in and reorder.  Done is done.  I did solve the problem myself, in sort of a "back door" way.  When I open Mike or Vicky, the right eye is all white.  I picked out a character in the Pose library, and clicked on an eye color.  It worked on the base models, so I saved them with two good eyes.  When I tried to apply a new Pose character to a base model,  the blank eye again appeared.  Again, I picked out an eye color in Pose, and sure enough, the new character appeared with two normal eyes.  I saved the new character, and when I bring him or her up, the eyes are normal.  Thanks David!   And thanks to all of you who considered helping me, but   backed off because someone jumped all over me!  I'll be soooooo glad when Election Day comes and goes!   It is so easy to make the other person look bad!

dphoadley ( ) posted Wed, 31 October 2012 at 3:52 PM · edited Wed, 31 October 2012 at 3:53 PM

Quote - Thanks, David.  I did go to DAZ 3D and found the freebies of Vickie and Michael.  DAZ isn't like Renderosity.  You can't just go in and reorder.  Done is done.  I did solve the problem myself, in sort of a "back door" way.  When I open Mike or Vicky, the right eye is all white.  I picked out a character in the Pose library, and clicked on an eye color.  It worked on the base models, so I saved them with two good eyes.  When I tried to apply a new Pose character to a base model,  the blank eye again appeared.  Again, I picked out an eye color in Pose, and sure enough, the new character appeared with two normal eyes.  I saved the new character, and when I bring him or her up, the eyes are normal.  Thanks David!   And thanks to all of you who considered helping me, but   backed off because someone jumped all over me!  I'll be soooooo glad when Election Day comes and goes!   It is so easy to make the other person look bad!

"I will be as harsh as truth, and as uncompromising as justice. On this subject, I do not wish to think, or speak, or write, with moderation. No! no! Tell a man whose house is on fire, to give a moderate alarm; tell him to moderately rescue his wife from the hand of the ravisher; tell the mother to gradually extricate her babe from the fire into which it has fallen; -- but urge me not to use moderation in a cause like the present. I am in earnest — I will not equivocate — I will not excuse — I will not retreat a single inch — AND I WILL BE HEARD. ... "  (William Lloyd Garrison in 1831)

Medzinatar ( ) posted Wed, 31 October 2012 at 4:55 PM · edited Wed, 31 October 2012 at 4:55 PM

Quote -  I did go to DAZ 3D and found the freebies of Vickie and Michael.  DAZ isn't like Renderosity.  You can't just go in and reorder.  Done is done.

If you purchased something at DAZ, you can go to the "Itemized Order History" in your account and reset the download.  It will then take you to the download page most of the time, if not you can go there manually.

It is different than Renderosity, but your previous purchases are still available

romangirl ( ) posted Wed, 31 October 2012 at 4:58 PM

I'll try it, thanks!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Wed, 31 October 2012 at 5:21 PM

Could just be a corrupted texture file for that eye.

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

romangirl ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2012 at 10:08 AM

That's what I think, paganeagle. Thanks! Strange that it appears on both Victoria and Michael.  

dphoadley ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2012 at 10:30 AM

If you recently upgraded Poser, that could also make a difference.  I know for a fact that different versions of Poser read Poser files differently!

romangirl ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2012 at 11:04 AM

Could be, David.  Thanks!  I think something happened when my old computer crashed.  Maybe before it happened, some files got corrupted.   Then I sent them to my new computer.  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.