Sun, Oct 6, 3:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Moving objects problem

orbital ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2012 at 12:01 PM · edited Thu, 12 September 2024 at 2:34 PM

Sometimes when using bryce, I get this problem that nothing but a reboot will fix. Say I create a new object and go to move it. It will only move from one fixed point to the next. To explain it a little clearer imagine point A is where the object is and you have point B. The object will only jump to point B without you being able to move it anywhere between the 2. You can use the edit tool to move an object between the two smoothly but when building a complex model this becomes very time consuming. Just wondered if any of you had encountered the same problem and if you knew of away to fix it without rebooting.

http://joevinton.blogspot.com/

bobbystahr ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2012 at 12:07 PM

What Bryce needs is a right click to get locations which could then be pasted into the Transform dialogue IMO, but as I don't build complex stuff in Bryce I've never experienced this problem Joe. Be interesting to follow this to see what turns up though.....

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

karl.garnham1 ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2012 at 12:48 PM

Hi orbital 

Try changing the resolution when you move your object change static to 8 and motion on 8 and then either have selected on 32 or 64(remember you can change these settings when you want to compress them). That should make it quicker to move but the moving from a-b maybe a problem as when I move objects they tend to go in whatever way they see fit so if you resize an object when its about to be used you get a good result but resizing when its been moved distorts it I have found. I maybe wrong but I hope this helps a bit. Oh and one thing thats handy group your object and then go to create and save it for other files. 

Karl

orbital ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2012 at 1:24 PM

I wasn't gonna reboot after I posted this question, so just saved the scene and closed Bryce. Anyway after 10 minutes out of curiosity I fired up the scene and the objects were moving smoothly. Even so it may have been quicker to reboot anyhow. Just a wierd gltch, that maybe only I get. Suppose it depends on your set up and what programs you are running. Anyway thanks for the replies.

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2012 at 1:47 PM
Forum Moderator

I've never come across this one before.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

kiwi_gg ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2012 at 11:43 AM

I don't know your system specs but with mine I find that quirky things like that are caused by not enough ram on the graphics card especially when working with larger scene files.

Cheers

GG

WHO said Kiwi's can't Fly ?????

orbital ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2012 at 1:05 PM

No this is something else, because I create models in a seperate file, then copy and paste them into the scene so I could be when I have only 3 or so objects it might happen.

skiwillgee ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2012 at 8:02 PM

Make sure you "caps lock" isn't active on your keyboard.  Try moving something with caps lock on and see if that duplicates the problem.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.