Fri, Oct 4, 2:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: DSON Importer 1.0.0.27

Jules53757 ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2012 at 2:03 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 12:13 PM

There is an update of the DSON importer to version 1.0.0.27 available.

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

FrankT ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2012 at 2:04 PM

and it fixed my Poser library lockup too

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2012 at 3:15 PM · edited Thu, 08 November 2012 at 3:15 PM

Quote - and it fixed my Poser library lockup too

YAY!!

Laurie

Zev0 ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2012 at 5:05 PM

Instant improvement. Lets hope it gets even better in the future.

My Renderosity Store

monkeycloud ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2012 at 5:13 PM

It's not apparently resolved the Poser crashing / scene corruption issues I seem to be seeing trying to use the DSON Importer and Genesis.

I will have to wait some more and see what build 1.0.0.31 onwards brings I think...

monkeycloud ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2012 at 2:09 AM · edited Fri, 09 November 2012 at 2:10 AM

The above said, I did play some more with build 1.0.0.27 last night and I'm definitely seeing noticeable performance improvements.

Also, once I reconstructed the scene, which had developed crashing or corruption of some sort, when using the 1.0.0.13 DSON Importer build, I have managed to open the reconstructed version of that scene, using the 1.0.0.27 build.

So much better, although it definitely still needs further... I think quite radical... optimisation, in my opinion... and to fit my needs, at least.

wimvdb ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2012 at 7:12 AM · edited Fri, 09 November 2012 at 7:13 AM

This version still has problems with some converted genesis clothing (as in genesis clothing in dsf which translates wrong to duf and poser companion files). Some of it crashes poser, and some of it misses parts of the mesh. It seems to be a problem with how the content is constructed since the problem seem to concentrate on certain content creators.

For now I won't buy any genesis content anymore inless it has poser companion files - that way I am sure that it actually loads in Poser

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sat, 10 November 2012 at 10:20 AM

That is very prudent Wim!

Quote - This version still has problems with some converted genesis clothing (as in genesis clothing in dsf which translates wrong to duf and poser companion files). Some of it crashes poser, and some of it misses parts of the mesh. It seems to be a problem with how the content is constructed since the problem seem to concentrate on certain content creators.

For now I won't buy any genesis content anymore inless it has poser companion files - that way I am sure that it actually loads in Poser

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sat, 10 November 2012 at 2:17 PM

file_488447.jpg

An unexpected result! So I am using this latest DSON importer (Mac PoserPro2012 Sr3.1)

and I wanted to compare the appearance of V4-WM and V5 with the same poses. I'm not pleased with the Genesis weight mapping-when it comes to the elbow region. Amusingly

enough- the appearance of V4 caused V5 to "man up" in the render-although not in the preview.

So here is V4-WM and V5 in the same pose. Weird!

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 10 November 2012 at 5:59 PM

yes I have noticed that problem with all weightmapped daz figures including V4wm.

That's what put me off using V4WM

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Paloth ( ) posted Sat, 10 November 2012 at 11:44 PM

Weight maps aren't a panacea. Some things, like forearm bends, really need joint controlled morphs.

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

monkeycloud ( ) posted Sun, 11 November 2012 at 2:31 AM

At least with V4WM you can use the JCM fixes... like Prototype Letterwork's Real Arm's product... and get the best of both worlds.

Which, as Paloth says, is really what is really required... especially, as I understand it, if the mesh is not wholly designed for weight mapping.

Of course the Gen5 mesh is supposed to be wholly designed for weight mapping... and I do reckon in general I'm seeing a slightly better elbow shape, in bending, than in Eric's example. I am not sure to be honest if Genesis does have JCMs that are simply hidden... or what?

I am generally, at present, manually posing Genesis though, rather than applying any poses from my library... I don't know if that is making a difference to my results?

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 11 November 2012 at 3:23 AM

I don't like V5s bent elbows either.

seems to be a weight mapping problem.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

ravenferret ( ) posted Fri, 23 November 2012 at 11:04 AM · edited Fri, 23 November 2012 at 11:11 AM

Ok trying to install DSON:

Need help in too what dir I need to make a runtime folder outside the program? What do the mean by this? And how to set it up any help would be great.

Error

The DSON Importer requires a writeable runtime folder that is outside of Program Files.

Add a writeable runtime folder to the libray and try again.

I made a daz folder in Doucments and installed the Genesis starter ess 1.6_trx to it, is this crrect?

RHaseltine ( ) posted Fri, 23 November 2012 at 2:47 PM

Yes, that will work - now you need to click the little folder with a + icon at top-right of Poser's library pane and add the same folder to Poser as a library (that is, the folder that holds the Data and Runtime folders is the oen you want to select).

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.