Sun, Oct 6, 9:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: My 2005 Mustang

DreamlandModels ( ) posted Mon, 12 November 2012 at 9:42 PM

Thank you Mr. Cloud.

:-)

Tom

DreamlandModels ( ) posted Fri, 16 November 2012 at 10:11 PM

file_488606.jpg

Here is an early look many my 39 Ford Coupe.

Tom

Latexluv ( ) posted Sat, 17 November 2012 at 6:59 PM

Quote - and the rest

Where did you get the image for the EnvSphere?

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

DreamlandModels ( ) posted Sat, 17 November 2012 at 7:05 PM

There are tons of them on Flicker.

Can only use certain ones for commercial work though...    :-(

Tom

Latexluv ( ) posted Sat, 17 November 2012 at 7:18 PM

Thanks! Guess I'm just dissatisfied with the images I currently have loaded into my Panoramics folder.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

DreamlandModels ( ) posted Sun, 18 November 2012 at 6:59 PM

Try ones that are at least 6,000 x 3,000 but 8,000 or 10,000 would be obviously better.

Tom

Latexluv ( ) posted Sun, 18 November 2012 at 7:23 PM

Since I mostly do pinups or as of late, V4 textures for possible sale in the store, the EnvSphere is not visible in the image. I use it for IDL bouncing and reflections. I keep looking for a panaramic that is skin friendly but will not distort the texture's color. As you know for promo images in the store we cannot use postwork.

Weapons of choice:

DreamlandModels ( ) posted Sun, 18 November 2012 at 9:29 PM

Have you tried just making your own image with a mock sky the color you want and adding some objects to the image that would reflect well? In other words build your own image as long as it is just for relections and image lighting?

Tom

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sun, 18 November 2012 at 10:28 PM

A skin friendly panorama? You mean one that doesn't cause a blue tint?

Why don't you just decrease the saturation? I have it set up in the HSV node - if you lower it all the way to 0, the panorama becomes black-and-white and you will get no tint from the sky.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Latexluv ( ) posted Mon, 19 November 2012 at 12:16 AM

Hadn't tried taking down the the saturation. I've not been getting a blue tint. It's been more of an orange tint, but I also have the saturation of my body texture on 1.10. I've taken the saturation down on the panoramic and on my body texture and doing some test renders. Thanks for the suggestion!

Weapons of choice:

RLSprouse ( ) posted Tue, 20 November 2012 at 4:04 AM

Tom:

The Mustang is gorgeous!  Great job.

I am dying to get my hands on a 1963 Corvette Sting Ray.  It is my all-time favorite car, very rare as they only made the split rear window for one year.  The only high quality model I have found for purchase is about $225US, and that's a bit much for a virtual toy.

Let me know if I can add any encouragement or assist in any way, e.g. rounding up photos.  Or if anyone comes across a less expensive model somewhere, please holler!

Thanks!

~ Russ 

DreamlandModels ( ) posted Tue, 20 November 2012 at 10:57 AM · edited Tue, 20 November 2012 at 10:59 AM

Hi Russ,

I will most likely not be building a Corvette Sting Ray.  I am not the one to build it as I really like cars from the 30's through the 50's.

Do not want to give you false hope.

Never say never, though. The problem is always this.

I need an orthographic view of the top side front and back to be able to build these cars.

The images do not work if there is any perspective in the view. Distorts the dimensions.

Think blueprints of a good quality and size.

If you can come up with the blueprints then yes, maybe I can build that car.

I do simple interiors to keep the poly count down, as that is why I started to build cars in the first place. No convertables at this time, and the dorrs do not open and no engine.

Do not like it when a modeler thinks it is okay to hog the whole scene by building a car that is pushing a million polygons. Then there is not room for people in the scene and Poser has it limits, as well as a hobbiest system.

Hope you understand. :-)

Tom

DreamlandModels ( ) posted Tue, 20 November 2012 at 8:19 PM · edited Tue, 20 November 2012 at 8:22 PM

Attached Link: Here is my store.

file_488732.jpg

My Mustang is now in the store...

monkeycloud ( ) posted Wed, 21 November 2012 at 5:47 AM

Awesome - thanks Tom ;-)

cspear ( ) posted Wed, 21 November 2012 at 7:19 AM

On my wishlist... from the blurb I notice there's going to be a BagginsBill merchant resource set of shaders: can't wait for that!

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017

RLSprouse ( ) posted Wed, 21 November 2012 at 8:30 AM

Quote - I need an orthographic view of the top side front and back to be able to build these cars.

Tom:

How about this?

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMIU9-D6h__Hji3qq74KYFRGJtIPtFMBDkycrum2B7q1OX7g5_vQ

<Just kidding!>

~ Russ 

DreamlandModels ( ) posted Wed, 21 November 2012 at 10:03 AM · edited Wed, 21 November 2012 at 10:03 AM

LOL

That starts my day off great!

Thanks Russ! :-)

Tom

DreamlandModels ( ) posted Wed, 21 November 2012 at 10:05 AM · edited Wed, 21 November 2012 at 10:08 AM

file_488750.jpg

Would like to thank Brett Barrett for the render for my site images.

Shown here with all options showing.

Beautuful work my friend! :-)

Tom

monkeycloud ( ) posted Wed, 21 November 2012 at 10:29 AM · edited Wed, 21 November 2012 at 10:29 AM

Quote - Tom:

How about this?

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMIU9-D6h__Hji3qq74KYFRGJtIPtFMBDkycrum2B7q1OX7g5_vQ

<Just kidding!>

~ Russ 

He he. That looks like it has been trampled by Godzilla... or one of those giant squirrels ;-)

blbarrett ( ) posted Wed, 21 November 2012 at 2:27 PM

The figure is nicely setup, with dials for everything you might want to do with a car.

My favorite is a dial that moves the car forward and backward while the wheels spin accurately to the movement.  the front wheels also turn in unison with the steering wheel. Lots of nice paint shaders and racing stripe shaders.

A nice addition to my runtime :)

jerr3d ( ) posted Thu, 22 November 2012 at 5:54 AM

file_488776.JPG

> Quote - ..also you can lose the FORD on the hood, because the mustang is probably the only car where you have to hunt to find the manufacture name..(hint it's on the faux gas cap)

I've had my '02 for years and I NEVER noticed this. It does not have the Ford logo anywhere. Has a bunch of pony logos on it though! Very excellent modeling Dreamland!

DreamlandModels ( ) posted Thu, 22 November 2012 at 9:03 AM · edited Thu, 22 November 2012 at 9:04 AM

file_488781.jpeg

Here is where I came up with the idea.

I have noticed that people in the Poserverse like options so that is why there is a FORD option on the hood.

Plus I like it my self.  :-)

Tom

monkeycloud ( ) posted Thu, 22 November 2012 at 9:17 AM

Quote - Here is where I came up with the idea.

I have noticed that people in the Poserverse like options so that is why there is a FORD option on the hood.

Tom

Cool. Although... that render's not quite as realistic as your other promos Tom ;-)

jerr3d ( ) posted Thu, 22 November 2012 at 10:17 AM

Quote - Here is where I came up with the idea.

Tom

Like it! ^ ^

DreamlandModels ( ) posted Thu, 22 November 2012 at 2:34 PM

:-)

blbarrett ( ) posted Thu, 22 November 2012 at 3:21 PM

I think the lettering was originally done on SHELBY models, but then it was adapted for the aftermarket crowd.... I like having the opition to use or hide things... thanks Tom!

In the end, what ever makes the render look cool is all that matters :)

The car in that photo looks pretty cool, white with silver stripes is not all that common.

Happy Thanksgiving!

DreamlandModels ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2012 at 1:37 AM · edited Sat, 24 November 2012 at 1:39 AM

Hey all who bought the Mustang already. You caught a break this time. Just realized I priced it wrong by a few bucks. Should have been what it is now. $14.95. Marked it $11.95 for some dumb reason. :-(

It is now on sale at 10% off but the Retail price has been corrected to $14.95.

On sale at $13.75.

Sorry for those who have not bought it yet, but I had to get it right.

Regards, Tom

DreamlandModels ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2012 at 12:20 AM

file_488881.jpg

My Camaro is finally in the store. :-)

Tom

monkeycloud ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2012 at 1:48 AM

Awesome :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.