Fri, Oct 4, 4:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: adMan, a free male figure for Poser nearing completion...

Paloth ( ) posted Thu, 06 December 2012 at 1:06 AM

36000 is low poly for Poser. The figure will make an interesting character.

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

toastie ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2012 at 6:34 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Quote - A render of the asian and african tone and morphs

Those look good. They give him a very distinctive different look.

The great thing about this figure for me is that it sounds like you're planning to support it with exactly the kind of clothing I use.

3Dream ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2012 at 1:27 PM

Excellent work! It's good to see new figures for Poser! Thank you a lot!!!

STOREhttps://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/vendors/3Dream

FREEBIEShttps://www.renderosity.com/users/3Dream/freestuff

Cage ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2012 at 2:31 PM

Woot!  I was wishing there was a free male figure.  I'd like to expand beyond Antonia-based figures.  :lol:

Two questions.  Can it do a skinny physique?  And what kind of licensing will the figure have?  I wouldn't expect anything as open as Antonia's license, but I hesitate to even use Apollo, in spite of it being a great figure, because of the restrictive licensing.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

adh3d ( ) posted Mon, 10 December 2012 at 8:41 AM

Cage, in this thread, in the first page, you can see a render of the fat and thin morphs.

About the license, well, I think it is going to be like any other of my models, which can be summarized basically in the next:  "you can use the model for your commercial or no commercial renders and animations. You cannot share or sell the model itself or any of its components"

This license would not apply to the, for example, to  the cr2 blank file or the base cloth body...

adh3d website

mysticeagle ( ) posted Mon, 10 December 2012 at 8:52 AM

i'm always on the hunt for good new male figures and this one is sounding and looking good. :) keep up the good work.

OS: Windows7 64-bit Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)  6GB Ram
Poser: Poser Pro 2012 SR3.1 ...Poser 8.........Poser5 on a bad day........
Daz Studio Pro 4.5  64bit

Carrara beta 8.5

Modelling: Silo/Hexagon/Groboto V3
Image Editing: PSP V9/Irfanview
Movie Editing. Cyberlink power director/Windows live movie maker

"I live in an unfinished , poorly lit box, but we call it home"

My freestuff   

link via my artist page

Cage ( ) posted Mon, 10 December 2012 at 2:05 PM

Thanks, adh!  :thumbupboth:

It's a good thin morph.  Can it be overamped to do "skinny"?  I have a thin character I'd like to do with a proper male base and not Antonia with male morphs.  More of a skinny thin, with less development of muscularity.  Umm.  A more geeky thin, perhaps?  Note that I am not complaining if there isn't one.  This is an excellent-looking figure and I'm excited about it.  :woot:

So, per the license, I couldn't adapt a pair of gloves from the base mesh and put them up as part of a freebie character set, as I do with Antonia.  Correct?

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

adh3d ( ) posted Mon, 10 December 2012 at 2:24 PM

yes, about the gloves,you cannot do that ,sorry.

About the morph you are talking about, there is a "no muscular" morph that "soft" the body, you can combine the two morphs , but note that the thin moph is already "softed".

adh3d website

Cage ( ) posted Mon, 10 December 2012 at 2:27 PM

That sounds like it would probably do the trick.  Excellent!  :woot:

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2013 at 8:50 AM

I'm currently going over my to-do list, did this figure ever get published? Sorry if I missed it.

adh3d ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2013 at 3:37 PM · edited Fri, 28 June 2013 at 3:40 PM

It is going to be published very very soon, I am making some clothes for him right now. so he can be dressed when he is available.

Hi, PhilC,  if you want to make something about it ( adman) , I can send you the final files ( geometry... ) to your email, tell me something.

adh3d website

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2013 at 3:56 PM

If you can that will be great. At a minimum I would need the finalized geometry and CR2 file. It would not actually matter if there were any last minute changes so long as I was aware of them.

pcooke@philc.net

Thanks.

adh3d ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2013 at 4:02 PM

Hi, I was testing it and I think it is final one , anyway, if I'll find something of course I'll tell you.

I send the file to your email.

adh3d website

toastie ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2013 at 5:07 PM

Oh nice! Good to hear this is still going!

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2013 at 5:26 PM

Oooh a new guy! He looks very promising :D We can ALWAYS use more guys in the Poserverse! excited

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

toastie ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2013 at 5:43 PM

Yup! More males is always good (still looking forward to Lucas too!) and this one looks like it's going to be interesting and full of character. Plus looking forward to see what else Adh3d is making to go with the figure.

Wonder if there'll be XDresser support?

ssgbryan ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2013 at 6:11 PM

Quote - It is going to be published very very soon, I am making some clothes for him right now. so he can be dressed when he is available.

Hi, PhilC,  if you want to make something about it ( adman) , I can send you the final files ( geometry... ) to your email, tell me something.

I have a question about the gens (someone is always griping about block & tackle)- is it either removeable or can I shrink it to 0 via the scaling morphs.

I ask this because permanently attached gens are a nightmare with the fitting room.  They deform the pants in ways that a real willy won't.

adh3d ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2013 at 6:34 PM · edited Fri, 28 June 2013 at 6:36 PM

Hi, yes, I understand the problem about the gen bones and the pants for example  and after thinking about it, I decided to make "two" figures, one with genitals and another one without them.

The figures are the same in everything except that  the genitals one has extra bones for the genitals.

adh3d website

ssgbryan ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2013 at 6:40 PM

Quote - Hi, yes, I understand the problem about the gen bones and the pants for example  and after thinking about it, I decided to make "two" figures, one with genitals and another one without them.

The figures are the same in everything except that  the genitals one has extra bones for the genitals.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I look forward to using him.

adh3d ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2013 at 6:48 PM · edited Fri, 28 June 2013 at 6:52 PM

Thanks to you for your interest

Here you have a render one beside the other.

adh3d website

adh3d ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2013 at 6:55 PM · edited Fri, 28 June 2013 at 6:55 PM

I have to add, since I start this thread that I make some changes in the uv map, I put the lips "inside" the face and the nipples "inside" the body.

adh3d website

toastie ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2013 at 7:04 PM

That's really handy to have that second figure version for draping dynamic clothing as well. Thanks.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Sat, 29 June 2013 at 1:05 AM

I generally have no  interest in males but this one looks excellent and will be very useful for those situations where I may need one. Thank you very much for sharing. I guess I'll call him Nate because his equipment challenged brother will have to be Newt.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

ssgbryan ( ) posted Sat, 29 June 2013 at 1:23 AM

Quote - I generally have no  interest in males but this one looks excellent and will be very useful for those situations where I may need one. Thank you very much for sharing. I guess I'll call him Nate because his equipment challenged brother will have to be Newt.

I like Darryl and his other brother Darryl.

mylemonblue ( ) posted Sat, 29 June 2013 at 4:59 AM

WANT.

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

adh3d ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2013 at 6:46 PM

Hi, in this render you can see the adman with jeans and an undershirt.

The face is the "Jimbo"  morph, one of the face morphs of the figure.

The date is coming, you can get him very soon, If everything goes as I hope , I mean in days.

adh3d website

toastie ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2013 at 7:13 PM

Quote - The date is coming, you can get him very soon, If everything goes as I hope , I mean in days.

Great! Looking forward to this!

momodot ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2013 at 7:16 PM

My two-bits here:

Lips integral to face since if they are a group it is the easiest thing in the world for a user to break them out onto a new map if they need more detail. I like a face and ears only map with back of head and neck on the body. Most figures wear hair and don't need scalp detail and the face seam hides better at the neck then the neck seam does at the body. The thing too is to have a set proportion between head and body scale for texturing... say 4:1 or such.

and

Should not the nude have a bigger "package" lump? Big enough to hide the genitals? Then there would be a proper bulge. I always have to magnet the pants on males to give a package to make the figure look plausible. Otherwise it looks like the pants on a man who is tucking and taping his genitals between their buttocks or however they do it. Even the F2M transmen I know pack thier jeans with a silicone flacid penis and testicals so thier pants "look right". I know for a fact that all the straight women I know check the package by reflex no matter what a troll or gramps it is they are looking at.

adh3d ( ) posted Wed, 10 July 2013 at 8:58 AM

Hi, the genitals have morphs to make it longer,, it is posable too.

The adman "without" genitals, has a morphs to make the "genitals zone" bigger too.

About the lips, Imade then as a separate group first, but the I decide to integrate them in the head uv map, anyway, yes, it is relatively simple to separate them again.

adh3d website

WandW ( ) posted Wed, 10 July 2013 at 12:59 PM

Good to see this will be done soon!  😄

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 10 July 2013 at 1:10 PM

Oooh I'm SO lookng forward to him. I like that he's got so much character. Not some androgynous prettyboi but a real person :)

He can open his mouth and blink, right? (I still remember the NIGHMARE I had while creating those morphs for Clark... not that it wasn't a fun learning experience, too)

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

adh3d ( ) posted Wed, 10 July 2013 at 3:16 PM

Yes, he has, here a image of the morphs list, I have changed only the faces section.

adh3d website

toastie ( ) posted Wed, 10 July 2013 at 4:05 PM

Quote - Oooh I'm SO lookng forward to him. I like that he's got so much character. Not some androgynous prettyboi but a real person :)

Yeah, me too. Full of ideas for him already. Can't wait to see what else is coming out for him too.

mylemonblue ( ) posted Wed, 10 July 2013 at 10:51 PM · edited Wed, 10 July 2013 at 10:55 PM

I really like his shoulders, pectorals and torso. That and with a version that has his manhood attached he seriously stands a chance of being a leading actor in my runtime. I've got some good males but they all bog down every scene I try to used them in. All their poly counts are way to high. Your figure looks like he has most of the things I'm looking for in a male figure.

btw nice looking clothes too!

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

adh3d ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2013 at 3:40 PM · edited Fri, 12 July 2013 at 3:40 PM

Hi, a new render, this time with the T-shirt and jeans, these clothes will be free as a part of the Basic cloth pack.

The face this time is milton , another face morph.

adh3d website

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2013 at 4:39 PM

Well I can see face shaping morphs coming up for him :D I love doing face shaping morphs. They're so much fun!

Is he there yet? ;)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2013 at 6:29 PM

Really like the look of this figure.  A proper, down to earth looking guy.  

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2013 at 9:01 PM

Milton looks like a guy I used to deliver the paper to many years ago... 😄

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

toastie ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 4:48 AM

Are you going to redo any of your Roman stuff for him. He looks like he'd be quite Asterixy as a Roman.

adh3d ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 10:07 AM

Hi, yes, I have in mind make roman costumes for him, but I think they are going to be new models, including the models I have till now. For example, I have in mind make a legionary and centurion pack, but other civilians and military outfits too.

The same with the other periods costumes.

adh3d website

toastie ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 11:29 AM

Quote - Hi, yes, I have in mind make roman costumes for him, but I think they are going to be new models, including the models I have till now. For example, I have in mind make a legionary and centurion pack, but other civilians and military outfits too.

The same with the other periods costumes.

Great! I can't get enough Roman packs. I have your Apollo Max Roman costumes, but armour is a swine to fit well to different figures, so new packs will be good. I think he'll make a really good Roman.

adh3d ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 6:47 PM

And this time Rodell face morph with jeans and sneakers.

adh3d website

Alisa ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 7:20 PM

He's looking great!

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.