Thu, Oct 3, 12:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Vue in a Web Browser

haegerst ( ) posted Thu, 06 December 2012 at 10:38 AM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 4:00 AM

Attached Link: Vue in a webbrowser

Well call it like "A History class in a web browser".

I dug out the old Vue 1.2 Demo Version and actually got it running.

Vue in a Webbrowser

If you wanna try it out yourself then click here:

http://www.renderarmy.com/vue.htm

And of course don't forget to post your rendered pictures. :)

Vue content creator
www.renderarmy.com

bruno021 ( ) posted Thu, 06 December 2012 at 11:28 AM

Do you nee a specific browser? Doesn't seem to work with FireFox...

haegerst ( ) posted Thu, 06 December 2012 at 3:50 PM

Hmmm yeah i also could only get it to work with Internet Explorer, although the site where i got the sourcecode from claimed it would also work with other browsers. I'm not sure how to make it work for all browsers... :sad:

Vue content creator
www.renderarmy.com

bruno021 ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2012 at 3:31 AM

Doesn't work either in IE for me.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2012 at 6:43 AM

That is really freaky.  It's been years since I used Win3.1.  The site works with my 32-bit IE 8 and Java installed.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

haegerst ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2012 at 7:14 AM

Quote - Doesn't work either in IE for me.

Do you have Java installed? I have windows 7 64-Bit and IE9 here and at least that worked. Wish i was a better HTML programmer but i just copy & pasted the code from some tutorial.

Vue content creator
www.renderarmy.com

impish ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2012 at 7:31 AM

Just opened it here with IE9 in quirks mode and with Java installed.

impworks | vue news blog | twitter | pinterest

bruno021 ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2012 at 8:10 AM

Java 6 update 37 is installed. Neither  IE9.08 nor FF 17.0.1 will open it. But it's no big deal.

haegerst ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2012 at 4:35 AM

A friend of mine has reported he also got it working on chrome.

Here at home in WIndows XP i can't get it running on neither IE or FF as well. Java is just puzzling me... I got no idea what the problem is.

Vue content creator
www.renderarmy.com

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2012 at 4:43 AM

What versions of MS Visual C++ redistributable and MS .NET Framework do you have installed?

haegerst ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2012 at 4:58 AM · edited Sun, 09 December 2012 at 4:59 AM

Attached Link: Vue in a Webbrowser Take Two: Now more compatible

Okay a friend helped me to make a second website where he changed some tags and used another java package "not an applet" as he said. I lack the understanding to know exactly what he did.

Now it even works in Firefox here at home (Windows XP 32 Bit), BUT you must first press "YES" when it asks you if you wanna run that java application and for the second question when it is like "Blah security risk, do you wanna block unsafe content?" press "NO". Then i also got it working in my firefox...

http://www.renderarmy.com/vue2.htm

Vue content creator
www.renderarmy.com

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2012 at 5:04 AM · edited Sun, 09 December 2012 at 5:05 AM

Chrome asked me if Java should be allowed to run for your original site link.  I said yes and it came up just fine.

I run all my browsers in their default modes.  Less hassle.

gillbrooks ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2012 at 10:41 AM

file_489312.jpg

1st link worked for me sort of in IE.  Tried the 2nd one in my default which is Chrome and got a warning up

Gill

haegerst ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2012 at 1:46 PM

Yeah the second one always gives the warning. My friend said like "because it's not an applet". I honestly don't understand the difference to be honest. I can only say that both pages result in the same vue demo if you can get them running.

The java app or applet or whatever you call it is actually JDosbox, kinda virtual machine that emulates a DOS PC. I have set it up to boot into a win 3.1 environment that shows the link to the Vue 1.2 demo on startup.

Basically it also works for Windows 95 and 98. I tried to temper with it and could get Vue 2 demo running, but the image is a bit too large, it's over 100 MB. Maybe i can strip it down a bit, so i can also make a vue 2 demo for the web.

ANother thing to do would be installing SVGA drivers for win 3.1 - i think it's possible. Then it would look a bit nicer than with these 16 colors.

Vue content creator
www.renderarmy.com

haegerst ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2012 at 5:28 PM

Attached Link: Newest Vue 1.2 in a Webbrowser Link! CLICK!

Update: I tweaked it a bit and now it at least works in 64K colors! Yay! Also should be compatible with most browsers/configurations now...

Vue 1.2 in a webbrowser - Newer Version

http://www.renderarmy.com/vuenew.htm

Alternate Applet Version:

http://www.renderarmy.com/vuenewalt.htm

And if you now click into the screen it should capture your mouse and keyboard continuously.

Let me see your renders!

:biggrin:

Vue content creator
www.renderarmy.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.