Fri, Oct 4, 3:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: A Bit OT - Facebook Changes

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2012 at 10:55 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 1:19 PM

Hi all,

It seems that facebook is making changes to its policies, and lots of people are now posting this message:

In response to the new Facebook guidelines, I hereby declare that my copyright is attached to all of my personal details, status updates, messages, photos, videos and all other personal content that I post or have posted, online, as a result of the Berne Convention, on my personal profile page, or anyone else's page. For commercial use of the above, MY HANDWRITTEN CONSENT IS NEEDED AT ALL TIMES WITH NO EXCEPTIONS.

But I'm not entirely sure why. Is it just a knee jerk reaction to this?  Or is it really essential?

I've read the linked info but can't quite see that it's necessary.

Now sometimes I post family pictures and sometimes I post Bryce stuff, or other things I've created - what do people think about this?

Do I need to post such a copyright message before the 10th Dec too?

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

Ravyns ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2012 at 11:25 AM

I read somewhere that it's not necessary but I didn't really pay attention to the details.

I never post anything on facebook that I don't want to last forever (like my pic or info.)

**************************************************************************************

Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we're here we should dance.

tjohn ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2012 at 12:52 PM

Attached Link: http://www.snopes.com/computer/internet/facebook.asp

A bit of misunderstanding. The actual "problem" can be corrected using the instructions at the end of the Snopes article at the link.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

tjohn ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2012 at 1:00 PM

Privacy settings are located in the drop/down arrow at the top of the Facebook page next to the word "Home".

Hope all this helps.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

skiwillgee ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2012 at 1:31 PM

What tjohn said.  Posting a notice on your page doesn't in anyway change Facebook's policy toward you.  It is their website and they have stated their TOS and intentions.  

Keep in mind once you place an image on the web it is available to anyone as a screen grab.  When I post a photo or image to Facebook I reduce it to no larger that 800 X 800 pix.  If anyone jackes it and wants to enlarge it, it will be pixelated. 

Sidebar..  anyone using Google+ or any of its affiliated domains need to read their TOS..  Pretty much if you post it, they can use it anyway they wish.  

drawbridgep ( ) posted Fri, 14 December 2012 at 10:22 AM

I pretty much assume that if I post it, someone somewhere will steal it.   If I don't want it stolen, I don't post it.   

I embed a virus into all my pictures.  I don't mean a computer virus, I mean a real one.  Anyone who right clicks on any of my images will get a nasty bought of pigeon flu.   

They sneeze, peck chewing gum off the street and start bobbing their head as they walk.  Pretty nasty.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

tjohn ( ) posted Fri, 14 December 2012 at 1:36 PM

LOL @Phil

Yuroven ( ) posted Mon, 24 December 2012 at 5:23 PM

Have seen some Adobe pics block screen grabbing in the past. Don't have details, thow

UVDan ( ) posted Sun, 13 January 2013 at 10:36 PM
Forum Moderator

They are going to combine YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook.  The new site is going to be called YouTwitFace.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

Ravyns ( ) posted Mon, 14 January 2013 at 8:01 AM

LOL..Good One UVDan!!

**************************************************************************************

Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we're here we should dance.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.