Tue, Oct 22, 12:57 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Vue Freezes with the "Sea Plane" added

Ragtopjohnny ( ) posted Sun, 16 December 2012 at 8:48 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 10:37 PM

Hi all ---

Hoping you can shed some light on this subject for me.

It never fails.  I use Vue Espirit, and whenever I add a Sea Plane to a scene, it crashes vue.  I have not been able to successfully fix the problem

I even contacted Vue, and they couldn't help me because its an upgrade from "Frontier" 

Thanks for anyone's help in advance.  It would really be appreciated if we could fix this.  :(

Poser Pro 2012/3DS Max 2013/Adobe Photoshop Elements 10/Zbrush/

PC: HP Z820 Workstation, 3.30 ghz 8 core Intel Processor, 2gig nvidia Quadro, 16 gig of Ram and 2TB Hard Drive.

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2012 at 10:38 AM

From the Vue registered users forum:  I believe this issue has been identified thanks to your feedback and a fix is underway. It is an issue that occurs only for those who don't have the KronosFX module. Sorry for the inconvenience.

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

Ragtopjohnny ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2012 at 6:37 PM

Thank you!  I am thankful that they are fixing it due to my input.  Will we be notified when one is ready? 

PC: HP Z820 Workstation, 3.30 ghz 8 core Intel Processor, 2gig nvidia Quadro, 16 gig of Ram and 2TB Hard Drive.

kathym ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2012 at 8:25 PM

Quote - From the Vue registered users forum:  I believe this issue has been identified thanks to your feedback and a fix is underway. It is an issue that occurs only for those who don't have the KronosFX module. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I have been having that issue in Vue 11 Fantasy and since its not a "higher end" prgram I have zero access to tech support. Wonder if their fix will help with the preview causing crash issue as well.  Was so strange that it just developed the issue after a while on its own.

Just enjoying the Vue. :0)

Ragtopjohnny ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2012 at 11:43 PM

The fun wonderful world of computers Kathy --- I realize that many times with my other hobby of Flight Simulator X with Microsoft, it can suddenly "Stop" working the way it was and you don't change anything. 

Odd that it happens, but these hiccups can and do occur :sad:

kathym ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2012 at 9:23 PM

Hey - heads up - they got a new update up - still in BETA though.  http://www.e-onsoftware.com/resources/ShowUpdates.php?ProductTypeID=139

Ragtopjohnny ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2012 at 9:26 PM

Thanks Kathy ---- I actually want my Vue to be as complete as it can be, I got the module today that fixed it.  :).  I meant to post a message here but forgot about this one.  Did it fix the problem for you with the sea plane adding?

kathym ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2012 at 9:51 PM

Lucky duck :P

So far so good. Haven't had the chance to shut down everything to devote all my system resources to Vue yet, though I did load a sea plane and mess around with it for a few minutes and it didn't freeze. :)

Ragtopjohnny ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2012 at 11:20 PM

Yay!  Glad to hear it's okay for you as well! 😄

Not sure now what's causing my Hyper Vue problems.  Not sure if the render node license is needed, may be --- but not looking forward to getting that just yet. :sad:

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.