Sun, Oct 6, 5:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: partial pose. . .

cclesue ( ) posted Fri, 21 December 2012 at 9:10 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 2:59 AM

I seem to remember instructions on how to save and recall partial poses but can't find it now. Ideas??

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 21 December 2012 at 10:01 AM

Just pose the body part you need and uncheck the parts you don't need in the hierarchy window, then save. I believe that will work.

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 21 December 2012 at 10:16 AM

Yep, that works.

cclesue ( ) posted Fri, 21 December 2012 at 11:26 AM

Thankyou I think I've got it now.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2012 at 9:38 AM

Hmpf! What do you know, I got it right!

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2012 at 9:57 AM · edited Sat, 22 December 2012 at 10:02 AM

Here you go:

The link to the original thread: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2735288

THere is a PDF file in the original thread that Wenke made.  But for some reason I can't get it to upload into this thread. I keep getting that the file does not have a valid file extention. I tried .pdf, .zip, and .txt  with no luck. So if you want it, click on the link above and scroll down the thread until you get to Wenke's post.

I've been asked to expand on something I said in another thread about saving partial body poses.  Here is a picture tutorial.

Step 1:  Load your figure

Step 2: Inject your character morphs

Step 3:  Pose your figure. Tweak the pose as necessary

Step 4.  Open your Pose Library to a folder where you want to save the Partial Pose to.

Click the plus sign at the bottom of the pose library

A new window opens up

Type in a name and pick "Select Subset"

Another window pops up. Here you pick the parts of the body you want to include in your partial pose

The best thing to do when saving a partial pose is to uncheck everything and then go about selecting the few parts that you want. To uncheck everything, click "Universe"

Select the parts of the body you want in your partial pose.  I want to save the leg pose, so I have picked "Hip" and all body parts below.

You have already given a name to the pose, so just click "OK"

A new window opens asking you if you want to save the morph channels. 

No! You don't. If you save the morph channels when you go to apply the pose, not only will it change the pose of the figure, but it will also change the morphs to the ones that you saved with the pose.

Another window opens asking you about frames.

Save it as a single frame.

Finally, you're done.  The next step is your pose being saved to your Pose Library.

I've shown how to save leg poses. But the process is the same for the upper body or just hand poses.  Just make sure you are selecting only the body parts that are affected by the pose.

For arms, you would select the collar, shoulder, forearm, the hands and fingers.

For hand poses you would select  just the hands and fingers.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2012 at 10:21 AM

Why not just use the PoseWriter Panel option in your ScriptsNetherworks+PoseWriter Panel option.

Select the sections you want from the list.

Hold down your Shift key and select the Write Pose button.

Select the folder you want to save to.

Select the OK button.

This sets the folder option.

Select the Write Pose button.

That's it.

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

cclesue ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2012 at 11:53 AM

file_489797.png

I'm running Mac OS 10.6 PoserPro2012 and i get this when I try to open Scripts>Netherworks>PoseTools>PosewriterPremium.

Now what do I do?

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2012 at 12:19 PM

Have you got hte latest python installed?

Normally that is what causes a traceback.

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

cclesue ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2012 at 12:27 PM

I have the one that came with the program and the update. . . I assume thats the latest. How do I check?

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2012 at 12:33 PM

I'm not  a mac user, but I found this:-

Link to Page

All the bets.

LROG

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 23 December 2012 at 2:50 AM
Online Now!

Attached Link: http://www.runtimedna.com/ShaderWorks-Library-Manager-2.html

file_489813.png

I use advanced library manager (on sale at the moment I think)

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 23 December 2012 at 2:50 AM
Online Now!

that way all my poses become partial poses and hand poses without me having to resave anything.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.