Sun, Sep 22, 4:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Is this Free Stuff model quite appropriate, right now????

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2001 at 9:01 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 4:27 AM

I found this on the Free Stuff. Is its presence quite appropriate or suitable at the moment? TRADE CENTER (Poser) By: yoshi123 Sponsor: blackmarketrender.com Sep 12, 2001 PC/Mac 354 downloads

rcook ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2001 at 9:12 AM

I don't think it's very appropriate. I sent a message to the user suggesting he remove it. I'll see what his response is.

6buddhas ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2001 at 10:12 AM

Why is it inappropriate? There is a brand new gallary dedicated to the tradgedy that took place at the twin towers. Someone may want to use this model in a tribute work.

MadMac420 ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2001 at 6:18 PM

I don't quite understand this either. I've lost count of the images of the trade center in different stages of destruction on the site. (And yes, I understand the good intentions of the images.) yet a model of the Trade Center is in-appropriate?

Mehndi ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2001 at 1:27 PM

I do not think it is inappropriate either. I had been thinking my own self of modelling them to release for free or for the community relief fund project. They were majestic buildings. To commemorate that majesty in a model is not unfitting at a time like this, surely.

Varian ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2001 at 2:27 PM

It is so very appropriate "to commemorate that majesty in a model" and at this time especially. There will never again be new photographs taken of the World Trade Center towers. Thanks to Yoshi (and other modelers), we may see new 3D imagery of those buildings at least. You want "inappropriate" free stuff items removed? Then remove all the many model representations of torture devices and weaponry. And while doing so, remember that those things, too, are 3D constructs and do not even occupy any physical reality.

Varian ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2001 at 3:46 PM

I'm sorry if my post above seemed contentious; that was not intended. I'd also like to thank rcook and Renderosity for inviting Yoshi to repost the model. It is very appreciated.

rcook ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2001 at 4:00 PM

Varian, he was indeed invited to repost the model and did so last night. Thanks for sharing your views regarding this situation. We always consider the wishes of the members, even when they differ from our initial feelings. I'm glad Yoshi agreed to repost the model.

Mehndi ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2001 at 4:02 PM

I do not mean to sound contentious either. We are all under a great deal of strain right now, the whole world. I think each of us is just doing the best we can to cope, including those who originally might have not been able to bear looking at the model and asked it be removed.

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2001 at 7:55 PM

IMNSHO, it is even MORE appropriate now. How it's USED may not be appropriate, but the model itself is!

Goldfire ( ) posted Mon, 17 September 2001 at 10:48 AM

I saw that when it was posted and thought it was very generous for Yoshii to model them for people to use in their tribute renders. Right now I know a lot of us are using photos pulled down from the Web for bacgrounds, etc. as I did in "A Nation's Cry" but I suspect once our artists have more leisure we'll see even more moving all original tributes. Kudos to rcook and the team for inviting yoshii to repost. I know a lot of folk are pulling WTC images, etc., and we certainly need to be sensitive to the families of the victims, as Anthony was obviously thinking in his original post. But I think the models were posted with good intentions.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.