Sun, Oct 6, 5:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Congrats Toastie!

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2012 at 10:15 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 5:22 AM

saw the email, Toastie won a shiny in the Days of Christmas Giveaway.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

dphoadley ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2012 at 11:06 AM · edited Wed, 26 December 2012 at 11:07 AM

Is your use of the word Shiny here by any chance a reference to the Firefly series? -and Nathan Fillion?

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2012 at 11:16 AM

yep!  says "Shiny" in Kaylee's voice

:)

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

dphoadley ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2012 at 11:39 AM

Did you ever see the Season 4, episode 21 of Castle?  The one that guest stars Adam Baldwin?  Baldwin basically plays his Jayne Cobb personna, and it's funny as all heck!!

cedarwolf ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2012 at 12:55 PM

Saw that one.  How about the one where they went to the sci-fi conference and every other joke was about Firefly?

dphoadley ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2012 at 1:13 PM

I liked the end where Stana wore the mini-skirt and mask, and Whilliam Shatner's song!  Oh yes, and ALEXIS!!!!

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2012 at 3:33 PM

Quote - saw the email, Toastie won a shiny in the Days of Christmas Giveaway.

What is a "shiny"?

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

grichter ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2012 at 5:19 PM

Quote - What is a "shiny"?

It's that thing you are supposed to have between your thigh and ankle.You should have 2.

<don't you just hate a smart ass>

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 27 December 2012 at 2:23 PM

i ordered the first season of Castle.  sounds like it'll be fun to watch. 

toastie ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2012 at 6:26 PM

Thanks! Only just got back from my Christmas travels and found out about the Shiny! WhooHoo! :)

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2012 at 8:52 PM

Quote - Thanks! Only just got back from my Christmas travels and found out about the Shiny! WhooHoo! :)

Can someone please tell me what that is!

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

VonCroy ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2012 at 4:34 AM

Acadia: just google the two words Firefly Shiny

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2012 at 10:24 AM

I'm probably the only person on the planet who just wasn't into Firefly. Which is really weird  because usually, I love sci-fi. But to me I guess that was the problem. Firefly was just too much Cowboys in Space for me, and more cowboy than space.

esper8 ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2012 at 6:36 PM

Has anyone made a Serenity model?

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 01 January 2013 at 8:23 AM

tee hee

Firefly References on Castle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFj8eFZx-TA

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 01 January 2013 at 9:17 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Here's some more:

Warning: in one scene Nathion Fillion displays his naked butt!

Castle vs Firefly - Comparison Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7TIjFpq_-E

toastie ( ) posted Thu, 17 January 2013 at 4:38 AM

No shiny yet..... hope it didn't get lost! :unsure:

toastie ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2013 at 11:49 AM

Yay! The shiny arrived! :biggrin:

The box was sopping wet - obviously been dragged through the Atlantic and dropped in a few snowdrifts on the way, but it survived!

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2013 at 1:05 PM

Quote - I'm probably the only person on the planet who just wasn't into Firefly. Which is really weird  because usually, I love sci-fi. But to me I guess that was the problem. Firefly was just too much Cowboys in Space for me, and more cowboy than space.

nope... your not the only one..

and the term shiney was around long before firefly... we were using it in the 1990's for a term meaning "new toys"..... as in "OH Shiney!"

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2013 at 3:49 PM

I agree with Khai on both points.  Never even heard of the show.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

dphoadley ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2013 at 4:01 PM

Quote - I agree with Khai on both points.  Never even heard of the show.

Only the best Sci-Fi show in the last 500 years!!!  Before that we had only Dante's Inferno and Milton's Paradise Lost!

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2013 at 4:18 PM

bollocks. we had / have Doctor Who, Blakes 7, Star Trek, Ultraviolet, Flash Gordon, Thunderbirds, Space 1999, Star Cops, Red Dwarf, Stargate, Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy, Lost, Battlestar Galactica, Space above and Beyond, Sapphire and Steel, Babylon 5, ....

I can can go on. a lot. there are many fine SF shows other than firefly.

primorge ( ) posted Sun, 27 January 2013 at 12:55 AM

Trying to  catch up on the Firefly phenomena, I enjoyed the film Serenity but haven't caught many of the original episodes.

It would be seriously remiss to forget the series Lexx. Probably my favorite after the Pertwee, Baker Who's.

dphoadley ( ) posted Sun, 27 January 2013 at 12:58 AM

Quote - bollocks. we had / have Doctor Who, Blakes 7, Star Trek, Ultraviolet, Flash Gordon, Thunderbirds, Space 1999, Star Cops, Red Dwarf, Stargate, Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy, Lost, Battlestar Galactica, Space above and Beyond, Sapphire and Steel, Babylon 5, ....

I can can go on. a lot. there are many fine SF shows other than firefly.

Testicles!!  Nothing beats Nathan Fillion drawing down on an enemy!

monkeycloud ( ) posted Sun, 27 January 2013 at 5:33 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Gonads! ;)

Whoops, sorry, thought this was another "norks" thread.

Yeah... it's many of the shows listed by Khai-J-Bach, for me...

...Flash Gordon with Buster Crabbe being the first I ever watched, and therefore being fairly unsurpassable because of that...

...but then I've not yet caught Firefly either. I will definitely have to give it a watch. Certainly heard a lot about it.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sun, 27 January 2013 at 7:05 AM

i do a Firefly weekend twice a year, followed by all the Dresden Files episodes. usually the same weekend.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sun, 27 January 2013 at 7:06 AM

Quote - Yay! The shiny arrived! :biggrin:

The box was sopping wet - obviously been dragged through the Atlantic and dropped in a few snowdrifts on the way, but it survived!

perils of the tangible :)

cheers!

Klebnor ( ) posted Sun, 19 May 2013 at 12:17 PM

I reiterate an earlier question, does anyone know of a model of Serenity?

Klebnor

Lotus 123 ~ S-Render ~ OS/2 WARP ~ IBM 8088 / 4.77 Mhz ~ Hercules Ultima graphics, Hitachi 10 MB HDD, 64K RAM, 12 in diagonal CRT Monitor (16 colors / 60 Hz refresh rate), 240 Watt PS, Dual 1.44 MB Floppies, 2 button mouse input device.  Beige horizontal case.  I don't display my unit.

Fremmen ( ) posted Sun, 19 May 2013 at 10:54 PM

Check ShareCg there is a model posted in the poser section I believe.

Klebnor ( ) posted Mon, 20 May 2013 at 7:43 PM

Thnx!

Lotus 123 ~ S-Render ~ OS/2 WARP ~ IBM 8088 / 4.77 Mhz ~ Hercules Ultima graphics, Hitachi 10 MB HDD, 64K RAM, 12 in diagonal CRT Monitor (16 colors / 60 Hz refresh rate), 240 Watt PS, Dual 1.44 MB Floppies, 2 button mouse input device.  Beige horizontal case.  I don't display my unit.

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 20 May 2013 at 8:39 PM

Ok, so what was the prize?

I didn't see the contest....

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.