Sun, Oct 6, 5:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: OT What's your New Year's Resolution relative to Poser

grichter ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2012 at 2:43 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 5:33 AM

As the subject says what your New Year's Resolution relative to Poser?...

Mine are

1.) Get ZBrush and learn. Then make an Alan Alda moprh kit for M4 and get BB to create the textures and sell in the market place and retire off the income. An Alan Alda morph kit for M4 would break all sales Reconds here based on his constant popularity in forum posts...:rolleyes:

2.) Finally create a scene and Render my first NVITWAS and make it my first gallary uplodad. Since I haven't created an official NVITWAS render and posted to my gallery, I am starting to have this nagging feeling of being left out of some secret club of some sort. :scared:

3.) Report my Debt Card stolen and get a new one. With the December sales that have been going on here, the one I currently have is so tired and worn out, it tried to refuse to cooperate so I could get some last minute deals today December 31st. 👎

4.) Reorganize my runtimes for the 1,987,654,123 time :ohmy:

What are yours??????

Happy New Year everyone!

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

vitachick ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2012 at 2:55 PM

Happy New Year...

No resolutions for me..Glad we made it thru 12/21

Win10  Poser 2014/Poser 11 Daz3D

hornet3d ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2012 at 3:22 PM

Happy New Year to everyone.

Only one resolution that is Poser related and that is to spend my extra spare time learning more about the program as I feel, after years of use, I have still only scratched the surface.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Teyon ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2012 at 4:00 PM

Finish the characters I'm working on and introduce a new level of quality (at least in terms of design) to what is expected from a Poser character model.  I'm fairly confident I'm on a good path in that regard. Fingers crossed though.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2012 at 4:37 PM
Site Admin
  1. Master the hair room. I figure if I can do that all the rest of the rooms will be a cinch

2. Learn the Material room

3. Learn to model using at least one of the modeling programs I've picked up over the years

4. Buy all the content I've got wishlised (we dopn't really have to keep these do we?)

5. Finally get my runtimes organized in a way I'm totally happy with.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

primorge ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2012 at 4:42 PM · edited Mon, 31 December 2012 at 4:44 PM

Finish 50 million unfinished projects (or at least file away the things that don't deserve to be finished).

Sharpen my modeling skills enough so that they are on par with my drawing and real world sculpting skills.

Seriously concentrate on the set up and cloth rooms.

Weed out my runtimes, and on the same note stop hoarding poser related crap.

Spend more time with Zbrush and Carrara (which ironically will benefit my poser related endeavors).

Create an accessible, quality product for submission to the MP.

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2012 at 6:53 PM

Quote - As the subject says what your New Year's Resolution relative to Poser?...

Happy New Year!!!

I don't have any resolutions regarding Poser.  A few months ago my computer hard drive failed and I must have done something wrong, because my external hard drive was wiped out like it had been reformatted. I tried all kinds of programs to recover data, but there just isn't anything on the drive to recover.  So I've given up on Poser. I lost all of my content and runtimes, and it's just too much hassel to try and redownload it all again and reinstall it. Some things that I treasured are no longer available, and lots of it were gifts and beta tested products and freebies.

So I'm going to work on learning how to use my tablet and work on learning digital painting, and likely go back into web design again.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2012 at 7:22 PM

I don't make resolutions, because I know I'll never keep them.

But I am going to try to use Poser more often.  Maybe start a Tumblr where I can post renders. 

primorge ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2012 at 7:25 PM

ah, you say that now Acadia... learning digital painting is a worthy endeavor but I don't see you giving up on poser outright. Sorry to hear about the computer disaster, I had the same thing happen a few years back... Didn't end up returning to any kind of digital art for about 4 years. Perhaps this is an unfortunate fresh start, but, all of that Poser baggage can add up to too many options and stifle creativity. One of the salient aspects of creativity is the process of making due with what is available.

VonCroy ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2012 at 7:49 PM

Happy New Year!

1. Learn material room nodes

2. Learn hair room

3. Make more dynamic clothes.

4. Have fun with Poser.

grichter ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2012 at 8:32 PM · edited Mon, 31 December 2012 at 8:33 PM

Haven't checked the galleries...so who has made a render of Vicki (nude of course :biggrin: ) diving off a cliff to celebrate New Years? (Thanks to the dysfunctional US government.)

Acadia, big time bummer. I was fortunate that I had only been using poser for about 3 months when the same thing happened to me. The recreation was minimal. I'd hate to think of the prospect of starting over based on what I have created, modified and the shear volume. I feel for you.

Never checked my nightly backups of my content since then to see if it was recoverable. Have to add that to my Poser New Years Resolutions to do when I get home from this business trip next weekend.

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

Morana ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2012 at 8:34 PM

I'm determined this year to somehow start making my own content, even if it's just retexturing rather than modeling new.  I'm going to sit and get through to the end of my pile of tutorials on the subject.

I'm also going to try and get DSON up and running.  A lot of comments here have put me off trying it, but I did plop down the money to buy M5 & V5 while they were 60% off.  Now I have to use them.  Getting them happily from Poser into Vue will be the next challenge.

Third is just trying to find more time for Poser in general.  I love it, but I get so few projects finished anymore.  16 finished images in one year is pretty small.

Looking at my list, I might need to drop to part-time hours on my day job to fit my Posering in...

lady-morana.deviantart.com

Winterclaw ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2012 at 9:29 PM · edited Mon, 31 December 2012 at 9:30 PM

1.  More redheads.

2.  More cat girls.

3.  Tits that are bigger, boobier, and jigglier. 

Basically more of the same.  :tt2:

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2012 at 10:10 PM
  1. Finish the scenes I'm working on

2. See 1.

unbroken-fighter ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2012 at 11:46 PM

learn my newly purchased poser 2012 to a point of at least 10% of my knowledge of blender

get my marketplace account populated with at least 1 model

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Tue, 01 January 2013 at 12:04 AM
  1. Learn to work more efficiently with Poser. I tell stories in a graphic novel format - so my renders are not very large, and I usually have several background figures, whose nose pores and eyebrow hairs will never show up in the final image. I need to learn when realism is important, and when fussing for perfection is just a waste of time.

2. Learn how to make the face room work for me - related to the above.

3. Make lots of free stuff for the useful Poser figures that don't have enough support.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

jimros ( ) posted Tue, 01 January 2013 at 12:25 AM

Learn to use a modeling program

Must persevere,rather than just opening the program,

trying a few things, and running away scratching my head.

Reading instructions may help

moriador ( ) posted Tue, 01 January 2013 at 1:38 AM

Actually render the stuff I've bought.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

hornet3d ( ) posted Tue, 01 January 2013 at 4:00 AM

Quote - Actually render the stuff I've bought.

I would make that a New Years resolution if it were not for the fact it would probably take me to 2023 to achieve and that is without buying anything in the same period.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Kalypso ( ) posted Tue, 01 January 2013 at 9:29 AM
Site Admin

Quote - Actually render the stuff I've bought.

Actually install more than half the stuff I've bought!   I've got gigs of it stored on external drives and dvds.

tiggersprings ( ) posted Tue, 01 January 2013 at 12:48 PM
  1. Render more; shop less.

1b. Socialize less, render more.

1. Learn how to remap Poser objects.

2. Struggle with the concepts of trying to learn magnets for the imillionth time (I'm too stupid to get the hang of them, even after all this time).

Bendinggrass ( ) posted Tue, 01 January 2013 at 1:07 PM

During the sales I bought a great tutorial on Poser. I am going to use this to begin at the beginning, and learn things carefully, so I can start to do some good work with Poser. All the good work here is a fine inspirination.

CaptainMARC ( ) posted Tue, 01 January 2013 at 1:20 PM

I want to write a shader for dynamic hair that looks decent in all kinds of lighting.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Tue, 01 January 2013 at 1:51 PM
  1. Learn Poser 2012's lighting system.  Is there a tutorial anywhere that doesn't assume I have a photography/math background?

2. Finish re-organizing my runtimes (almost done!).

3. Finish converting Mylochka's V3/M3 Star Trek Poses to non-Daz characters.

4. Get better at kitbashing DMetlesits' fine Star Trek ships for my ST-TOS graphic novel.

5. Move my graphic novel from outline form to finished product.

6. Stop getting banned from the DAZ forums (I may not succeed in this one - their loss).

mrsparky ( ) posted Tue, 01 January 2013 at 6:09 PM · edited Tue, 01 January 2013 at 6:09 PM

file_490066.jpg

Trying to doing a slight style change - both when modeling and also what's created. Basically gonna do few more toons (like the above), partly as I reckon the next year is gonna be well tough on everyone. So I figure we're all going to need cheering up. Though I will still be creating the stuff everyone likes.

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

Janl ( ) posted Tue, 01 January 2013 at 8:44 PM

This next year I'd like to:

1. Expand my knowledge of ZBrush.

2. Catch up with all the tutorials I collected last year.

3. Apply the above two aims to creating content.

grichter ( ) posted Tue, 01 January 2013 at 8:53 PM

Quote - > Quote - Actually render the stuff I've bought.

I would make that a New Years resolution if it were not for the fact it would probably take me to 2023 to achieve and that is without buying anything in the same period.

My weakness is I buy for example house A and create a scene. Then just about the time I am done, a new house B gets released into the marketplace, with a better looking kitchen. Rip the scene up and add and subtract. Oh and look at those new shoes they would look better in the the scene that includes parts of house A and B. Oh that new hair style would make the scene even better. Oh look hamburgers, Ditch the pizza and replace with burgers. Oh look those dishes look better then what I am using.....you get the idea.

Bought and watched the movie Looper two nights ago. When it was done and I went back to working in Poser, and I thought about the line at the end of the movie about the endless loop. I think my Poser habit is nothing but and endless loop :)

Gary

mrsparky ( ) posted Tue, 01 January 2013 at 9:42 PM

I think my Poser habit is nothing but and endless loop :) I find it's an expensive endless loop :) Not so much financially, but time and brain wise. You solve one techie question, and then find that leads to a new question!

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

CaptainMARC ( ) posted Tue, 01 January 2013 at 9:49 PM

Quote - I find it's an expensive endless loop :) Not so much financially, but time and brain wise. You solve one techie question, and then find that leads to a new question!

I'm a musician by trade, and in our line of business we often say that the more you know, the more you realise what you don't know and have to learn.

Poser is like that.

kimbersue ( ) posted Wed, 02 January 2013 at 11:43 AM
  • Learn the Material room.
  • Later in the year, I'd like to learn the hair room.
  • Figure out lighting for renders.

3D Artist Network  by Imaginative 3D: Where the “i” in “imaginative” stands for the individual” 3D artists showing off their creative designs.

gloomy007 ( ) posted Wed, 02 January 2013 at 1:07 PM

And a happy new year from me :)

I have a few :

1. Learn more of poser.

2. Start on my "big project"

3. Give Blender another go

DAZ Studio Coordinator.

You can contact me in english.

Jij kan mij berichtje sturen in Nederlands,

Mozesz sie ze mna skontaktowac po Polsku

vilters ( ) posted Wed, 02 January 2013 at 1:31 PM

The more I use Poser , the less I do.

There are soo many different ways to do things.

So?
After some 17 years, I have to say to myself: Learn Poser. 

Learn Hexagon.
Learn Blender.

Learn, Learn, Learn, but as a hobby.
It has to stay a hobby.

So the ultimate goal would be:

H A V E    F U N  while doing it.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.