Fri, Oct 4, 5:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: If you could only photograph in one color...

MrsLubner ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2013 at 12:26 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 3:41 PM

If you only had the ability to take photographs in varying shades of one color only, what color would you choose for optimum clarity, detail, mood, and visual appeal? (i.e., b/w would be considered one color - black - in varying shades)

Just curious where the best crispness can fe found by the human eye and senses, and what color most people relate to best.

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

3DGuy ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2013 at 6:11 PM

B/W for me. Another color might work, but for most monochrome images (that's basically what you're talking about) I think b/w works best.

What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies. - Aristotle
-= Glass Eye Photography =- -= My Rendo Gallery =-

kgb224 ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2013 at 10:00 PM

I agree B&W for me.

God Bless.

MrsLubner ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2013 at 11:18 PM

I tend to go with the ambers - like sepia but a little warmer.

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

mbz2662 ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2013 at 4:47 PM

Interesting... I'd like to try blues :)

auntietk ( ) posted Mon, 14 January 2013 at 12:40 AM

I like black and white, but sometimes a mono image calls for ambers, depending upon the subject.  If I had to pick one and stick with it, though, I think black and white is more flexible, mood-wise.  (Also, I don't look good in brown.  LOL!)

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

MrsLubner ( ) posted Mon, 14 January 2013 at 1:18 PM

I know a gentleman who favors reds and does exceptionally well in that. Tara, you're funny... I bet you look betterin browns than you think since you always look so good.  The choice of color seems to define inflection in a photo and it also embraces the photographer's approach to his subjects, I think.

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

auntietk ( ) posted Mon, 14 January 2013 at 1:48 PM

I agree.  Aside from the one-color-only thing, I find when I'm doing one of those combo pieces with a b&w outline and a background color image, the color I choose for the background makes all the difference in the world.  You wouldn't think so, but somehow certain colors look "right" with the outlined subject and others just look dumb.  I suppose that's my internal artistic vision (or whatever), but color DOES create a mood!

(And thank you for the nice compliment!)  :)

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

LovelyPoetess ( ) posted Thu, 17 January 2013 at 1:59 PM

file_490640.jpg

When processing my IR images I find it gravitate to and usually enhance the blue tones, althought ocassionally I will dip a toe into the browns and will go a whole foot & ankle into the B/W.

Which doesn't really answer your question..., but if I had to choose only one I think I'd have to say the blues as I find the colour soothing.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words...

So where do they go when a photograph leaves you speechless? 

MrsLubner ( ) posted Thu, 17 January 2013 at 6:48 PM

I like that answer and your reasoning is great.  I also find the IRs are so wonderful done with blues enhanced.

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

auntietk ( ) posted Thu, 17 January 2013 at 7:33 PM

sigh  I love your IR images, Yvonne.  I can see why you like the blue tones!

X-PaX ( ) posted Sun, 20 January 2013 at 7:08 AM

I like B&W but also sepia coloring or selen coloring is interesting.

X-PaX

SiteMail

→ [ www.3dspots.de ]   |   [ www.cwhp.de ]

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.