Mon, Sep 9, 4:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: New site design WIP

clay ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2013 at 11:19 PM · edited Sat, 31 August 2024 at 2:30 AM

Attached Link: http://claygraphics.phase2.net/

Hey everyone, been a while hope all are having a good new year so far. So as a new years resolution I decided to start re-modeling my website today, thought I would post the main page basic start design to see if ya'll like the colors etc, and of course the site will be more developed as content is added with other pages etc. Any feedback will be most helpful in this endevour.

Thx, Clay

Do atleast one thing a day that scares the hell outta ya!!

UVDan ( ) posted Sun, 13 January 2013 at 1:14 AM
Forum Moderator

Looks good from here.  Updating the website is always such a major PIA.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

bobbystahr ( ) posted Sun, 13 January 2013 at 10:19 AM

Wow...very nice...the Ben Bova covers have me off to the library later today...the gallery of 3D is beautiful...you sir are a Bryce master and your 2D(?) graphics are all excellent.

The whole web site rocks solidly...great work on a sometimes tedious job.

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

skiwillgee ( ) posted Mon, 14 January 2013 at 2:07 PM

Really good work, Clay. I agree with Bobby about the Ben Bova covers.

3eighty ( ) posted Wed, 16 January 2013 at 4:05 PM

Thanks for your library..Really enjoyed time spent looking at your great work..

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2013 at 7:01 AM

Looks like a good start! If I might give some pointers:

The gallery page loads really slowly at the moment. I don't know if it's your webhost or the gallery plugin you're using, but if it can be sped up that would probably improve the experience for potential clients.

The cross-fading images on the graphics page are implemented with flash. It's better to use Javascript, so people on mobile devices can view it too. The  jQuery Cycle plugin does what you've got on your site with very little configuration needed, it might be a good alternative.

Page width and layout is inconsistent across most pages. The overall experience for your site's visitors (and potential clients) is going to be better if you stick to a particular format across most pages.

If you decide to go with the dark background like on the resumé page, I would advice to add a little more padding, so the text is more free from the edges of the surrounding box.

Your fonts are all the same and all quite bold. You're probably going to be able to make more impact if you decide on a bold title/header/display font. And a more calm, less bold font for body text. A nice guide on how to decide on font combinations can be found here:
http://webdesignledger.com/resources/mastering-font-combinations

If you're feelign inspired, you can also use google webfonts for spiffy royalty-free fonts: http://www.google.com/webfonts 

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.