Sun, Oct 6, 10:16 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Wet road?

3eighty ( ) posted Wed, 16 January 2013 at 5:45 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 8:34 AM

Has anybody got a way to make a road look wet in Bryce?

clay ( ) posted Wed, 16 January 2013 at 10:14 PM

Like wet asphalt or concrete?

Do atleast one thing a day that scares the hell outta ya!!

orbital ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2013 at 5:08 AM · edited Fri, 18 January 2013 at 5:09 AM

I'd go into the materials lab and play about with the specularity and reflection. Also if you use terrains for roads, you can place a water plane just below the terrain surface and where you have dips you will get puddles.

http://joevinton.blogspot.com/

3eighty ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2013 at 4:05 PM

Asphalt is what I was thinking..Thanks to both of you..

clay ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2013 at 4:52 PM

I have a wet asphalt mat lemme get it for you.

clay ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2013 at 4:55 PM

what's your email 380? mine is claymh@cableone.net fire me a mail and I'll send you the mat.

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2013 at 6:30 AM

Depending on the setting, adding a bit of reflection to the wet parts of the texture might work well also.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

3eighty ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2013 at 3:32 PM

Thanks Rayraz

Paul Francis ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 5:02 PM · edited Thu, 21 February 2013 at 5:03 PM

file_491805.jpg

Ah, happy days.  This was one of my first ever Bryce images from about 1997.  Procedural road texture based on the concrete material preset I think, which is the one in the foreground.  Shiny balls and a water plane too!

My self-build system - Vista 64 on a Kingston 240GB SSD, Asus P5Q Pro MB, Quad 6600 CPU, 8 Gb Geil Black Dragon Ram, CoolerMaster HAF932 full tower chassis, EVGA Geforce GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2 Gb, Coolermaster V8 CPU aircooler, Enermax 600W Modular PSU, 240Gb SSD, 2Tb HDD storage, 28" LCD monitor, and more red LEDs than a grown man really needs.....I built it in 2008 and can't afford a new one, yet.....!

My Software - Poser Pro 2012, Photoshop, Bryce 6 and Borderlands......"Catch a  r--i---d-----e-----!"

ThunderStone ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 6:26 PM

Looks good, Paul. I have yet to get back to Bryce. Been trying to learn Poser... A LOT!!!

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

skiwillgee ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 2:14 PM

Attached Link: FROGDOT'S IMAGE HERE

@3eighty

Have you seen frogdot's latest Bryce image?  I'm sure he would give you some pointers if you were to contact him

3eighty ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2013 at 9:49 PM

Thank you skiwillgee...Exactly what I was looking for...oh Frogdot...Come out come out..Please...

3eighty ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2013 at 10:42 PM

Just so you all know FROGDOT was nice enough to get back to me ASAP..Thank you..

Brycer3d ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2013 at 6:38 AM

See  this link 

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/member.php

Greetings

have a nice day

Waleed

ThunderStone ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2013 at 7:22 AM

Quote - See  this link  http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/member.php

Greetings

have a nice day

Waleed

What about my gallery that you like, because that's where the link goes to. Can you be more specific?  Like a more specific URL copied and pasted from the address bar of your browser window of the particular rendering of interest?

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

skiwillgee ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2013 at 9:14 AM

yes, what T'stone said.  That link will take you to your own gallery no matter who the member is.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.