Sun, Oct 6, 5:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: NEED HELP PLEASE - Is this a Poser Animation Bug?

PXP ( ) posted Sun, 20 January 2013 at 9:12 AM · edited Sat, 31 August 2024 at 12:35 AM

Hi All,

I've been working on a Poser animation using Poser Pro 2012. Its 560 frames long. When I click on the PLAY button the play head jumps to frame 332 and starts playing the movie from there. No matter what I do I can't make the movie start from frame one it always jumps to frame 332 and I cannot see any reason why its doing this.

Skip frames is off and so is Loop and there are no additional layers other than the Base layer.

If I manually move the play head along the timeline from frame one to the end of the movie everything seems okay all of the keyframes are intact.

Unfortunately I forgot to backup the last change that I made to the movie and the changes were significant. Does anyone know whats happening here? Have I inadvertently switched something on that makes the movie jump start to frame 332? If so I wasn't aware that Poser can do this.  Is there anything that I can do to save the day and get this movie to play from the start frame because right now it looks like its going to be a disater. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

jerr3d ( ) posted Sun, 20 January 2013 at 9:20 AM · edited Sun, 20 January 2013 at 9:22 AM

Set your Poser document display style to something that will render quick, like silhouette and then Make movie with the renderer set to preview setting.  You can also set the time span to like 1 to 10 frames just so you can see if Poser will actually render those frames.

Not sure why the Play button on the animation palette won't work though. I don't have PP2012 yet.

my Poser Animations

PXP ( ) posted Sun, 20 January 2013 at 9:27 AM · edited Sun, 20 January 2013 at 9:38 AM

Hi jerr3d

I tried making a movie from frames 1 to 100 and it does this without any problems, really strange! But I still can't get the movie to run in Poser starting from frame one and continue working on it?

shvrdavid ( ) posted Sun, 20 January 2013 at 9:48 AM

Did you somehow delete the base layer?

Or do you somehow have another layer set as current layer only?

Open up the animation pallet and check the settings on each layer.

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

PXP ( ) posted Sun, 20 January 2013 at 11:19 AM

@ shvrdavid

I've looked at the base layer and it is the only layer in the movie and there appears to be no problems with it.

PhilC ( ) posted Sun, 20 January 2013 at 11:29 AM

Look in the key frame editor window for the play range. It is the green line at the bottom.

PXP ( ) posted Sun, 20 January 2013 at 11:43 AM · edited Sun, 20 January 2013 at 11:46 AM

PhilC

Thank you, thank you, thank you. That was it! A zillion thanks. Some how the play range head got moved to frame 332 and was saved at that setting.

That control is in such a bad position on the screen. Especially with a hi-resolution monitor where everything is much finer and the image is smaller and its so close the horizontal window control bar and is so easy to unintentionally move and mess up.

Thank you again!

PhilC ( ) posted Sun, 20 January 2013 at 11:52 AM

You're welcome :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.