Sun, Oct 6, 2:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: How to

bonestructure ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2013 at 3:17 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 12:25 PM

Just wondering how to make a separate alpha channel.

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

bobbystahr ( ) posted Sat, 19 January 2013 at 10:54 AM

Go to the help, top right and select Photoshop Help, when that comes up type 'create alpha' in the search and you'll get a step by step

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

lincustodis ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2013 at 5:00 AM

How can i make a realistic skin in ps

I have Cs6 and templates , who can help me or is there a tutorial?

lincustodis ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2013 at 5:00 AM

How can i make a realistic skin in ps

I have Cs6 and templates , who can help me or is there a tutorial?

bonestructure ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2013 at 11:04 AM · edited Thu, 24 January 2013 at 11:06 AM

I can't point you to a specific tutorial, but there are unimaginably many Photoshop tutorials on the net. Should be easy to find one. I don't remember where I found it, but I once downloaded a spectrum pattern, you know, like paint samples, all little boxes, of all the various possible skin shades, from white to Latino, to Asian, to Indian, to black. It's very helpful to have that reference. The rest is adding slight noise for pores and making the skin color uneven, because skin is not one consistent color. I add scars and tattoos by applying the image in layer mode and selecting multiply or overlay and adjusting the opacity. Makes it look more natural to me that way. The scars, I blur and blend the edges to make it blend in better. Wounds are harder, those take much work. Freckles are the hardest. To make the skin blotchy, find a grunge map that looks nice and random and blotchy, black and white. Apply that in multiply or overlay mode. Take the opacity down to zero, then start boosting it up until you achieve a nice blotchiness that isn't obvious or overbearing.

bobbystahr ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2013 at 12:08 PM

what bonestructure just typed was my answer as well...no easy method really...you MUST be an artist and have the resource images to work with or any skin will look like crap from what I've seen in the galleries as skin is a really difficult subject to create.

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

lincustodis ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2013 at 12:36 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_490970.jpg

Thank you so much...yes it is a difficult thing to do :-) but in RL i am a portraitpainter

so that will do for a start i hope :)

I hoped that the way to start from the template or on the 3d avatar in ps in big lines till the render in sl could be explained. I search a lot, found templates from Robin Wood and also obj templates. On ventorboxes i saw  skintemplates in one peace.

What kind off template is that and how do i work my way out ?

Again TY all

bonestructure ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2013 at 12:54 PM

Can't tell you in that one, I use 3D Max. My process is to repaint any template. Then I bring the object into Max. I click on the object to get whatever material is assigned to it, then import that material into the material editor and apply. With no UV mapping. Don't know if that helps at all. I'm not familiar with what other programs use.

bobbystahr ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2013 at 3:00 PM · edited Thu, 24 January 2013 at 3:01 PM

My advice is know where the textures are going to be used like DAZ or Poser and go to those forums and ask advice as here you will get Photoshop advice which is queries about skin as your post started out, not target specific advice for your texture. By all means ask artistic type questions here, but to stay on track, target your textures and get better replies in specific forums.
Additionally I added a nudity advisory to your post with the image.  Blurring is not considered clothing and unless it was extremely graphic and in your face nudity is allowed in forums with an advisory.

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

lincustodis ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2013 at 6:15 PM

Sorry was not thinking on nudity in this question.

again sorry.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.