Wed, Oct 2, 10:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: OT: realityPaint

mathman ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2013 at 1:39 PM · edited Sat, 20 July 2024 at 8:06 AM

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone uses this app by Blacksmith ? ... if so, what are your thoughts ?

thanks,
Andreww

Teyon ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2013 at 11:23 PM

Never heard of it but there seems to be a demo on the software's page. Give it a go.

DustRider ( ) posted Sun, 27 January 2013 at 12:21 AM

It's the "new" version of Blacksmith 3D Suite with several improvements (don't remember the list, but it should be on the website). If you have used blacksmith before, be prepared for a huge change in the interface - it doesn't look like the same app at all. But after about 15-30 min. with the new interface I had it figured out. The new version that was just released last week made some huge improvements to the new interface. Now it is much more efficient, and if you use 2 monitors it's even better. General display performance/quality seems to be improved as well.

Reality Paint includes all the morphing and painting tools of the old Blacksmith 3D suite. Think of it as a low cost 3D Painter and sculptor for making morphs. I got it for it's projection painting capabilities, it's built in Poser content compatibility, and it's ease of use compared to Blender. It doesn't have all of the features as 3D Coat or Zbrush, but it also doesn't have the same price tag or learning curve. You can create/edit texture maps for color, transparency, bump, displacement, specular, ambient, and glossy interactively on your model in 3D (you have the ability to load each of these onto your model at the same time, or selectively turn them on/off).

If you need a good basic 3D paint application, or something to create cutom Poser morphs easily, this may be a good option for you. I'd say download the demo and give it a go. It's fully functional except for being save disabled. Watching the tutorials for it and Blacksmith 3D will help you get an idea about what it does as well.

My Rendo Gallery ........ My DAZ3D Gallery ........... My DA Gallery ......

mathman ( ) posted Mon, 28 January 2013 at 11:20 PM

OK, I am now trialling this product, and following the tutorial “Exporting an OBJ from Poser for Morphing”. Every time I try to save the OBJ file, it crashes Poser. I have Poser 2012.

Is this a known issue ??

Pretty pointless if it is not going to work !

regards,
Andrew

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2013 at 1:56 AM

file_491160.png

mathman ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2013 at 4:24 AM

primorge, you have used different options. That doesn't help.

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2013 at 10:37 AM

nevermind.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.