Mon, Oct 21, 10:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: VUE 11 - Terrain Fractal v2 - Strata

ello ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2013 at 10:34 AM · edited Sun, 20 October 2024 at 12:46 AM

Hi,

I have installed VUE 11 and tried to use the Terrain Fractal v2 with the Strata option.

Unfortunately the only difference I can see is an autmatic change of the material when I select the strata option. I do not see any strata effect on the terrain.

What do I have to change?

Thanks in advance!

Claus

bruno021 ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2013 at 12:47 PM

Strata do happen with this fractal, but not "in your face" like with the usual strata filter It happens on certain surfaces, normally steep eroded slopes. Look for this type of relief in your terrain. But I agree, doesn't happen with each terrain, it really depends on the variety of altitudes the fractal will produce.

ello ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2013 at 2:38 PM

Bruno021,

many thanks for your quick response.

I have made different terrains with the terrain fractal 2 but did not get any strata effect with the strata option. Even the steep eroded slopes remain nearly the same. I have also read the respective chapter in the manual but did not get any further hints how I could achieve the strata effect.

Best regards,

Claus

bruno021 ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2013 at 5:16 AM

I'll see if I can get a nice terrain and I'll post it here, ok?

ello ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2013 at 9:15 AM

Wow, yes, this would be great!

bruno021 ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2013 at 1:15 PM

file_491238.txt

Here's the scene file. Just change the .txt extension to .vue

ello ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2013 at 1:07 PM

Many thanks, that's really helpful!

Your file demonstrates that minor changes of the fractal have big influence whether strata is visible or not.

Regards,

Claus

bruno021 ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2013 at 1:43 PM

Yes, you're right. Small changes can make a big difference.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.