Thu, Jul 25, 4:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 26 1:13 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Error message after reinstalling.

Ravyns ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2013 at 11:04 AM · edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 6:13 PM

file_491235.jpg

I had to format my pc & now I'm reinstalling programs. Bryce 5 & 5.5 are working fine but  Bryce 7 won't open.. I've uninstalled & reinstalled 3 times. Even redownloaded it in case it got corrupted. 

This is the error message I keep getting..  Where do I find this file. Did a search & got everything but..

**************************************************************************************

Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we're here we should dance.

eyeland ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2013 at 11:11 AM

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." - Picasso

Ravyns ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2013 at 11:33 AM

Thank you eyeland.. 

I just put all the MS updates back into the pc, even the ones that I didn't let it do before I formated.  I'm using Vista 32 bit & didn't have any trouble with Bryce 7 or Pro the first time I installed them.  I don't know if I should try installing either of the vcredist files or not.   

I think I'm going to be more then a little upset if I can't use one of my favorite programs. 

**************************************************************************************

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2013 at 1:10 PM

I might have a solution for you.  Sometimes when we uninstall software on a Windows Machine there are components and pointers in whats called the regsitry that stick and point to files that are no longer there and cause issues.

One of the tools I use in my arsenal is CCLeaner

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Download the free version and Run the Registry cleaner it will on the left side of the program under its own tab.

It will ask you if you would like to do a backup of the registry changes before fixing the problems.  Say Yes and save the file somewhere incase something goes wrong.

Scan for errors a couple of times, till you no longer see any errors.

Then try to reinstall 7 and let us know if this trick worked.

Ravyns ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2013 at 1:18 PM · edited Sat, 02 February 2013 at 1:21 PM

Thank You Analog-X64.. And one more edit to say that I haven't used that cleaner before. I used to use I orbits but it quit working when I installed McAfees..

Well..  I know that I posted something about getting it fixed earlier today.  Either I was dreaming or just clicked on preview & never went on to submit.  Or maybe I'm just losing my mind completely.

Anyway.. I fixed it with the vcredist_x86 file

I'm thinking that one of the updates that I hadn't installed before must have been the problem. I checked them & saw several that looked like they were making the pc compatible with Windows 7. Or not.. I've been wrong before..  But it's working & I'm back to being a happy Bryce camper..

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2013 at 2:23 PM

Awesome, I'm glad you were able to get it working.

dyret ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2013 at 5:43 AM

I really do think its really weird that they havnt put that file in the installer yet. lol

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.