Sun, Sep 22, 4:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Do you know what causes this?

shannonsuzanne ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2013 at 4:16 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 4:22 AM

file_491261.jpg

I've pulled my hair out over this.  I think this picture is cursed.  First the Poser file got corrupted and wouldn't render anymore.  Ok...so I remade it...but every time this rail set I have does this.....I have no idea what causes that....is it a setting?  Is it just a badly made item?  

I also tried a different product that I had used before with no problems and got weird warpiness!  The square platform was all wavy...

I tried googling it, but no luck.  

I would attach my render settings, but it won't let me put more than 1 picture.  These are the same render settings I use for everything else....

Thank you!

foxylady1 ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2013 at 4:26 PM

Try clicking on "Smooth Polys", if it is clicked, try turning it off.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2013 at 4:30 PM
Site Admin

Usually if people have more than one picture to post, they add another post to the thread witht e reply box. With this, I'm gonna hazard a guess and suggest turning off your smoothing.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

shannonsuzanne ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2013 at 4:30 PM · edited Sat, 02 February 2013 at 4:31 PM

I think that may have fixed it.  But aren't you supposed to have that one for about 95% of the stuff out there?  

Thank you.  I was going to try that but was afraid to!

basicwiz ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2013 at 4:31 PM

This occurs because of issues in the way the item is made that show up when you use "Smooth Polygons" in rendering. You can fix it by going into the Properties screen for the individual items and unchecking the Smooth Polygons  box.

shannonsuzanne ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2013 at 4:38 PM

Thank goodness!  Now I can finish this for my client.  Maybe I'll have some hair left too :0)

shannonsuzanne ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2013 at 5:03 PM

Yup that fixed it.  See..this is why I love Renderosity..almost like having a Poser pro on call LOL  :)

3doutlaw ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2013 at 1:43 PM

This is accomplished by the assembling of the letters; T, h, i and s, in the proper sequence, and moving them close together.

(sorry, its just the first thing that came to mind when I saw the subject :tongue1: )

foxylady1 ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2013 at 1:56 PM

Watch the little marble, outlaw.  You are falling asleep, deeply asleep.  :laugh:

3doutlaw ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2013 at 6:22 PM

Curse you, foxylady1!!!  I will not fa..l....l  a.......s....l........e.................e....     :closedeyes:

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.