Tue, Oct 22, 12:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Skies again, this time night skies

Burpee ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2013 at 6:22 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:50 AM

A friend rendered a very cloudy, sun almost set night scene.  It's quite beautiful but when you zoom in on it, it has a pixely look to the clouds.  Is this because it's a night scene?

Is there a setting to offset this issue?

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2013 at 10:10 PM

Is the non-zoomed render pixely?

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

bruno021 ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2013 at 2:39 AM

He was probably using Spectral 1 clouds, or old MetaClouds. Using Spectral 2 clouds doesn't create such artifacts, but it can also be down to the cloud model he used, some have nicer density production than others. It's hard to tell without sdeeing the render.

Burpee ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2013 at 12:43 PM

file_491430.jpg

Hi all, I will ask if spectral was used.  They are using Vue8, which I don't have and don't know if it has spectral 1 and 2.

I'm going to try and attach a screen shot from my Poser with the background loaded on a a grid.  I can see some striping in the sky areas and it seems blotchy to me in the clouds.

Burpee ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2013 at 12:44 PM

Forgot to say that that is defaut Poser 9 lighting.

bruno021 ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2013 at 1:52 PM

Oh, you mean you used this rendered sky as a backdrop in Poser?  Well, in this case, it  may well comes from too  low res  a render? Which format is it? I would suggest 16bit tiff, tiff is uncompressed to avoid pixellation, and 16bit to avoid banding.

Burpee ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2013 at 4:24 PM

I think I know what the problem is.  They sent me PNGs on all the other images but this particular image is a jpg.  I think it was saved incorrectly.  I'll ask for it resaved and hopefully this will solve the issue.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.