Sat, Sep 21, 5:00 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: So, what's the verdict on Vue 11?

Paloth ( ) posted Sun, 11 November 2012 at 11:19 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 4:59 AM

Is it somewhat stable? Does everything still work? Are the renders really quicker or did they just tweak the settings again? Are the new features worth the upgrade price? Do the plants look better this time?

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

bruno021 ( ) posted Mon, 12 November 2012 at 4:11 AM

Plants are their usual self. Ist is very stable for me, but it has been very stable since version 8, I don't find it faster, just the same as Vue10, but I didn't run specific tests.

The new ecobrushing and 360° populating are great features, particles may be a great feature if you need them.

penboack ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2012 at 7:30 PM

There is an issue, which I have reported to e-on Software, where if you are using a RenderCow and the render destination is set to render to screen the render does not have any EcoSystem instances rendered in the section of the render rendered by the RenderCow.

If the render destination is set to Render off-screen the resulting render renders correctly.

That aside, I would say that it is no less stable than 10.5...

http://penboa.deviantart.com/

blaineak ( ) posted Fri, 16 November 2012 at 1:55 PM

Crashes are very rare and usually my fault; so it is very stable.

Particles work well and IMO add a lot of wonderful capabilities. Once I get a library of realistic particles put together, I'll likely use them a lot to add extra interest to scenes. Puffs of dust, dustings of snow etc.. Since they also work with ecosystems they are very handy. They also seem to have a minor footprint and don't destroy render times.

Global materials are very cool for things like placing a dusting of snow particles on everything in a scene or making everything look wet in the rain.

Render time improvements seem to be specific to certain things. Ecosystems don't seem to increase render times as much. How much improvement is dependent on what's in the scene. I need to test that more.

Overall it’s a very good update. I have not tested other changes yet, but so far very good. I'm happy with it.

I did notice while working on a volumetric material last night, it seemed to me that it rendered faster, but I have not tested that.

Using Vue Infinite 11

jugoth ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2012 at 6:16 AM

ill stick with vue 9 studio bought for me cheap, bonus working to hard.

i aint going to bloody spend money on 11 when 12 comes out next year, and 13 the year after.E-on is nothing but glorified rip off merchants.

Sorry we not suporting previous version vue so please buy latest buged version.

zerebrom ( ) posted Thu, 29 November 2012 at 2:47 AM

Quote - Is it somewhat stable? Does everything still work? Are the renders really quicker or did they just tweak the settings again? Are the new features worth the upgrade price? Do the plants look better this time?

This is for versions 11"Complete":

Is it somewhat stable: if "somewhat" means 50% of the working time, then yes.

Does everything still work: importing obj works with a minimum system load. Collada (still) has the silver foil (can be removed in the material eddy), Splines are sluggish to work with.

Rendering: still the snail. Vue6Infinite (same scene on version 6 and version 11) beats version 11 Complete easily.

What definitely does NOT work (considering performance):

• setting up more then one library: 11 tends to crash while trying to show/load any item.

• 11 needs too much time to recover from an interrupted render, very good chance to crash.

• 11 needs too much time to show an obj after import, very good chance to crash.

Got (installed) Vue5Esprit, Vue5Infinite, Vue6Infinite, Vue9Complete, Vue11Complete - and from testing these I can safely say that Vue6Infinite is the most reliable version of the versions I've got. Fast to work with, fast to render, no crashes (98%).

There are other issues for render results and 11 Complete, but they do not differ much from 9 Complete, so I will not bother you with the nasty details :).

Seems e-onsoftware somehow has lost some very talented developers/coders so now each new version is more an open beta with the users as beta testers - for a fee.

Machine specs: Intel i72600@3.4GHz, GTX 580, 16 GB Ram, Windows 7/64 - I can assure you: REAL programs (like ZBrush, Blender, 3DCoat and others) are performing flawless.

Hope that helps.

amileduan ( ) posted Thu, 29 November 2012 at 10:11 PM

Vue 11 works stable for me,not sure how others think.

render farm :Intel Xeon E5560 * 2, 16 cores with hyper-threading,Win7 64bit.

ItWasNotAvailable ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2013 at 4:19 PM

My Vue 11 Esprit is crashing every day and the day after its instal I had a blue screen when launching Windows which was supposedly related to my NVIDIA graphics card. I had to get the latest driver. So far, Windows in behaving but Vue still crashes. Render times are abysmal compared to Poser and the results are not good for me, but I am a Vue virgin....

Intel i72600@3.4GHz, GTX 560 TI, 8 GB Ram, Windows 7/64 are the specs for mine

Paula Sanders ( ) posted Sun, 13 January 2013 at 9:51 AM

Levanah - Go to geekatplay.com and do the tutorials, especially intro ones. There are a number pn Vue 11.  I don't know what version they refer to, but they would be helpful no matter what version. This should make Vue a lot easier. Don't go back to Poser. If you stick with Vue, I believe you will be happy. Give yourself time.

As to stability, my Vue 11 Infinite is the most stable I have used. It also seems the smoothest when running.

ItWasNotAvailable ( ) posted Sun, 13 January 2013 at 3:40 PM

Hi Paula,

Thanks for your answer. It went a bit better today. I have their latest Vue tuts and have gone through a few already which was helpful to get me started. I will not drop Poser though as it remains my favourite and I am a pro in that one, lol...Kind regards...Lev  

Paula Sanders ( ) posted Sun, 13 January 2013 at 4:42 PM

I didn't mean for you to give up Poser. One is not a substitute for another.

ItWasNotAvailable ( ) posted Sun, 13 January 2013 at 5:07 PM

I was truly hoping they would complement each other nicely but they claimed it would understand Poser shadertrees, but that is only partially true as it sadly doesn't understand shadernodes and many things look dull since info is missing. I will get the hang of it though, especially with all the money I already investe in Vue, lol...It's all very pricey compared to stuff here at Rendo...gosh :-)

bruno021 ( ) posted Mon, 14 January 2013 at 3:36 AM

I strongly suggest you read your Vue manual, and check out the tuts at geekatplay.com

ItWasNotAvailable ( ) posted Mon, 14 January 2013 at 8:05 AM

I got those tuts and I did watch some already :-))...I just had to have a play, imported and so far some info is missing. I will get there....

HowieFarkes ( ) posted Mon, 28 January 2013 at 11:53 PM

I went straight from Vue 8 Infinte to Vue 11 Infinite on Mac and the difference is night and day. 11 is far more stable, I'm getting into bad habits such as going hours without saving my files 'cause I can now work all day without a crash.

(must use ctrl-s, must use crtl-s)

www.howiefarkes.com

EricofSD ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2013 at 3:26 AM

sill crashes when you add displacement mapping to terrains and then move the terrain around.  That astarted with 9 or 9.5.  Got real nasty with 10 and 10.5.  Is slightly better now but still goes down if I move the terrain around.

I have a honch machine, dual E5 CPU's.  So I'm not underpowered.

bryanf ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2013 at 4:11 AM

Vue 11 crashes just thinking about vue 11, so very disappointed in this software I will never open it again. 

deci6el ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2013 at 4:59 AM

Very stable on my iMac, quad-core, 16G RAM

So far, haven't pushed it that hard yet; particles etc. 

Must find the upper limits, which before was not hard to do.

EricofSD ( ) posted Tue, 19 March 2013 at 3:19 AM

Ok, there was an update to vue 11 a month ago or so.  It seems to have fixed my terrain displacement mapping issue.  :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.