Mon, Oct 21, 8:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: How put material on determined area?

darkat10 ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 5:04 PM · edited Wed, 09 October 2024 at 5:24 AM

hello im begining use vue, and my project consist in a road crossing a mountain. the road material should be rock, like in cinema 4d my ideia was select the area that should be rock and apply the material. but i dont figure out a way to select those polygons.

bruno021 ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 7:21 AM

Vue isn't a modeller. You cannot select polygons, vertices nor faces. You have several ways of doing this:

One is to create a greyscale map to define where the road and the terrain materials should be applied, and use this map to drive a Mixed material distribution.

Or you can paint your materials directly on the terrain inside the terrain editor.

I suggest you read the manual, there is a tutorial on how to paint materials.

Cheers ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2013 at 9:42 AM

extending onto what bruno said, you can also export a Wavefront .obj file (I find them easiest and the most well behaved) and create materials zones in an external modeler or mapping program, then just import it back in.

Twitter: Follow @the3dscene

YouTube Channel

--------------- A life?! Cool!! Where do I download one of those?---------------

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.