Mon, Oct 21, 8:51 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Odd Problem - Vue 11 Stops rendering when pc goes in sleep mode

creed2003 ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 11:23 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 8:38 PM

I've been having an odd problem with Vue 11 that is very frustrating. When rendering large scenes that take several hours to render I usually let my pc on overnight. This has worked out great in the past as the scene renders while I'm sleeping and I wake up to a finished scene. It's worked with past versions of Vue as well as Poser, Daz, and Lux Renderer.

With Vue 11, the scene stops rendering as soon as my pc goes into sleep mode. It's very frustrating to leave the program running overnight for 6 plus hours and wake up to a scene that is in the same spot as when you went to bed. Complete waste of time and electricity.

I'm at a loss on how to fix this. Obviously it's not my pc if I can do it with other programs, it's just Vue 11 that is the problem.

Anyone have any ideas as to what the problem could be and how I can fix it?

bruno021 ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 7:17 AM

Sorry, what is sleep mode?

creed2003 ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 8:59 AM

Power save mode or dormant mode

bruno021 ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 9:54 AM

Hmm, is it when the machines turns off, and comes back instantly by just hitting any key? If so, this never worked for me. Render aborts at worse, or restarts when I bring Windows back up (this is when I'm lucky), but maybe we are not talking about the same thing? Sorry, my Windows is in french, and though my english is quite good, it isn't when it comes to computer vocabulary...

creed2003 ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 11:53 AM

Quote - Hmm, is it when the machines turns off, and comes back instantly by just hitting any key? If so, this never worked for me. Render aborts at worse, or restarts when I bring Windows back up (this is when I'm lucky), but maybe we are not talking about the same thing? Sorry, my Windows is in french, and though my english is quite good, it isn't when it comes to computer vocabulary...

Yes that's it. With my other 3D programs such as Poser or Daz3D and even previous versions of Vue they keep rendering. 

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 12:28 PM

I turn off hybernation and sleep and power save.  If I'm worried about wasting power, I'll shut off my monitor.  But we live in an age now where we burn oil to view our PDFs everytime we read our PDFs, instead of buying books that don't use as much energy to read from and don't need to burn oil to recharge batteries.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

creed2003 ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 1:08 PM

Quote - I turn off hybernation and sleep and power save.  If I'm worried about wasting power, I'll shut off my monitor.  But we live in an age now where we burn oil to view our PDFs everytime we read our PDFs, instead of buying books that don't use as much energy to read from and don't need to burn oil to recharge batteries.

Seems I may have no choice and do just that. It's funny I can create a scene in DAZ3D, export it to Lux Renderer and let it go all night and wake up to a finished scene. Vue just stops rendering.

Oh well.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 2:09 PM

Sometimes, like with modo, the program will not allow a computer to sleep while it is rendering.  Vue is not that controlling of a computer.  It just controls its own resources which it likes to fill up a lot.

creed2003 ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 3:24 PM

Quote - Sometimes, like with modo, the program will not allow a computer to sleep while it is rendering.  Vue is not that controlling of a computer.  It just controls its own resources which it likes to fill up a lot.

Thanks! I turned off Hybernation mode so that should fix it.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 3:46 PM

Just to be safe, turn off screen savers and windows update rebooting in the middle of the night.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.