Sun, Oct 6, 4:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Eeww...What happened to the Forum?

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 12:09 PM

...as I was saying. Anyway, as well as posting being jiggered, the iPhone layout is no better than it was before the revamp, as far as I can tell...

3doutlaw ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 12:11 PM

Quote - For anyone who wants to delve a bit deeper into changing the colours there is a Color That Site tutorial here:

http://www.htmlgoodies.com/beyond/webmaster/toolbox/article.php/3919261/Firefox-Extension-for-Web-Development-Color-That-Site.htm

Thanks for that!  :)

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 12:16 PM

Quote - To confirm, at present they're not catering to iPhone or tablet users

Absolutely true. LOL. It looks as bad on my phone and ipad as it does on my desktop monitor ;).

Laurie

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 12:26 PM

I concur.

the forums do not like tablet or phone users. try "clicking" tiny barely seeable links and you'll see why ;)

(using a Nexus 7)

Janl ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 12:30 PM

Quote - > Quote - To confirm, at present they're not catering to iPhone or tablet users

Absolutely true. LOL. It looks as bad on my phone and ipad as it does on my desktop monitor ;).

Laurie

Yep, it doesn't seem to look good on anything. 😕

foxylady1 ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 12:33 PM

My wishlist is back to normal, thank you programmers.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 2:06 PM

Quote - My wishlist is back to normal, thank you programmers.

Looks like the wishlist functionality is somewhat improved too?

foxylady1 ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 3:52 PM

Is it my eyes, or is anyone else having trouble with the fonts used?  They are not crisp, they actually look like something coming off of an old dot matrix printer.

I see it in the store, the wishlist and the forums.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2013 at 8:42 AM

is a nice coupie out.  the cynical side of me is thinking, a sales spurt is wanted to show how successful is the new site design. 

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

vilters ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2013 at 8:47 AM

This morning the font was good, now it is yes, like an old matrix printer thing.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2013 at 9:12 AM

They're likely to ignore eveyrthing until ppl stop complaining. LOL

Laurie

vilters ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2013 at 9:34 AM

I will NOT stop untill that stupid Mile High Header goes out, and all the lost space has been recovered.

Damm, I can not even read what my own fingers are typing here.

vilters ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2013 at 9:37 AM

At least 18 cm can be recoverd from all those stupid headers, subheaders, sub-sub-boxes.

While ALL is clearly duplicated and triplicated, in the footer.

Sa_raneth ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2013 at 9:55 AM

re design  would  be a  plus as would a color change that  is  easy on the  eyes

toastie ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2013 at 11:35 AM

The MarketPlace just looks nasty, really doesn't make the products look at all appealing. Is that still a wip, or is it staying like that?

jif3d ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2013 at 3:23 PM

Still no words from Management or Mods about what's going down or a prior warning...so WASSUP ???

No point to keep requesting anything here as it seems to be falling on deaf ears...er, blind eyes ! or was that blinded eyes from looking at the site too long ???

Again, pleeeeeeeease change the size/shape of the commentry box, if that doesn't work, I won't bother posting here anymore, as the Management really doesn't seem to care about this situation or site, from the lack of response to all their members.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2013 at 4:16 PM

Quote - I will NOT stop untill that stupid Mile High Header goes out, and all the lost space has been recovered.

Damm, I can not even read what my own fingers are typing here.

LOL you can keep on. I've been complaining about the wasted space up there for about 8 years! they won't listen to you....

3doutlaw ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2013 at 4:23 PM

YEA!  I was hoping for gray!  Very nice!

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2013 at 6:11 PM

If the hole site is just shades of gray no one can complain about the colors. LOL.

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

primorge ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2013 at 9:28 PM

Much better!

wimvdb ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2013 at 11:06 PM

Definitely much better!

It makes a HUGE difference in the store. From being a pain to fairly pleasant (apart from the drain on the creditcard of course)

Thanks for listening!

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2013 at 11:40 PM

10 pages and no one commented about this yet, so.
Is it just me or does Renderosity new colors not remind you of Lightwave app's colors ?
Does Lightwave have any ownership in Renderosity ?

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 1:30 AM

Wow...kudos guys....THIS is can live with ;)

Laurie

unbroken-fighter ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 1:39 AM

dear renderosity

stop

dont change it

unless you are adding site skins

fonpaolo ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 6:29 AM

Yes, some minor touch-ups and it's fine.

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 6:32 AM

Link to Wishlist in Wishlist Sale Notification e-mail is broken...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

cherokee69 ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 6:33 AM

Now if they would do something to the header and footer. They look like headlights glaring in your eyes on a dark night. The rest of the pages look much better now.

3doutlaw ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 6:51 AM

Quote - 10 pages and no one commented about this yet, so.
Is it just me or does Renderosity new colors not remind you of Lightwave app's colors ?

Didn't notice that, but I did notice that the colors are the same/opposite of Daz.  Both are white/grey, but Daz is white body, gray headers....while renderosity is grey body white headers.

...or maybe the distinction is that one is gray and the other is grey?  :tongue1:

In any case, it works for me!  It's not a site sweeping change, but a little change is good now and then.

3doutlaw ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 7:32 AM

Colors work for me that is...

Please restore the hover-over pricing!!!

foxylady1 ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 8:25 AM

Yes, thank you for the color change.  Much easier on the eyes.  Now if someone could get rid of the empty box at the top of each page in the forums.

The font used for some of the sections in the forum has stopped looking like it came off of an old dot matrix printer.  Thank you for that also.

I would like the hover over information back too.

3doutlaw ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 8:30 AM

What empty box?

Is it just me, or is there a default minimum size for every forum post?  Looking at Primorg's post above, its enormous for the two words "Much Better!"?  Scan through the posts.  Seems like the boxes dont resize based on content?  Leaves a lot of dead space in many cases.  Maybe a forum setting?

foxylady1 ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 8:57 AM

file_492103.JPG

Hi Outlaw,

The big or small empty box at the top of each page of posts.  I attached a screen grab.

The community ribbon on the right is also still covering some of the forum posts.

toastie ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 9:03 AM

Phew! Definitely better!:)

Now just to fix the header and footer...

3doutlaw ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 9:25 AM

file_492106.jpg

Eeek!  Yea, I don't see that at all.  Must be a browser issue.  I am running Firefox 19.0, and this is that same post

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 9:33 AM · edited Thu, 28 February 2013 at 9:35 AM

I'm not gettting that bit of empty space but all the post boxes ARE the same size (or close to it and some bigger than they need to be) ;). FF 19 here. Actually, there is a general feeling of blank space since since they redid the site ;).

Laurie

RorrKonn ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 10:10 AM

IE has the empty box

Mozzilla n chrome does not

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 10:12 AM

Quote - IE has the empty box

Mozzilla n chrome does not

Well, that explains it ;)

Laurie

RorrKonn ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 10:57 AM

Quote - 10 pages and no one commented about this yet, so.

Quote - Didn't notice that, but I did notice that the colors are the same/opposite of Daz.  Both are white/grey, but Daz is white body, gray headers....while renderosity is grey body white headers.
...or maybe the distinction is that one is gray and the other is grey?  :tongue1:
In any case, it works for me!  It's not a site sweeping change, but a little change is good now and then.

V3 ,V4 Was made in Lightwave.
Lightwave divided in to Lightwave ,Modo.

DAZ now uses Modo also.
V5, was made off of low polycount V4
Guess you could say V5 was started in Lightwave and finished in Modo.

DAZ old forums you could change the white to grey. looked more like Lightwave.
DAZ fourms now resembles Modo's site.

Ya might recognize some meshes in this video.
https://www.lightwave3d.com/lightwave_montage_reel/

cspear ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 11:04 AM

Yep, this is a lot better.

They still need to weed out some of the crap from the top - so much wasted space.

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017

Sa_raneth ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 12:22 PM

Better  in FF  for  sure  thanks

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 1:11 PM

Massive improvement, gang.  Many thanks.  Now please, please, pretty please with a cherry on top, get rid of all the wasted acreage at the top of the page.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Saxon3d ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 2:09 PM · edited Thu, 28 February 2013 at 2:15 PM

i think there is a conspiracy.....ie has the space, FF and Chrome do not, In the chat room I was advised to change my browser because it wasn't designed for IE. Is that the same advice here?  time to get the MS haters T shirts out :)

Seriously though, on my LT, apart from a couple of link boxes at the right hand side of the first massive empty grey comment box, the rest of the cooment boxes have a huge rhs margin, about 1/4 to 1/5th of the page.

On a different note, at least it's somewhat easier on the eyes, but the one thing I don't understand is why apart from the input by our very own Mr Chopped Liver, Basicwiz himself in his mod capacity, there has been no "Hey don't worry , we are working on it, from the higher ups in Rendo............. Big YEAH to Basicwiz and a big raspberry to the rest of rendo staff :)

Did you know they wrote a book about the Renderosity website..............I believe it was called 50 shades of grey or something

Janl ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 2:18 PM · edited Thu, 28 February 2013 at 2:25 PM

Attached Link: Industry’s Leading Developers of Pre-Built 3D Content Flock to modo

> Quote - > Quote - 10 pages and no one commented about this yet, so. > > Is it just me or does Renderosity new colors not remind you of Lightwave app's colors ? > > Does Lightwave have any ownership in Renderosity ? > > > Quote - Didn't notice that, but I did notice that the colors are the same/opposite of Daz.  Both are white/grey, but Daz is white body, gray headers....while renderosity is grey body white headers. > > ...or maybe the distinction is that one is gray and the other is grey?  :tongue1: > > In any case, it works for me!  It's not a site sweeping change, but a little change is good now and then. > > V3 ,V4 Was made in Lightwave. > Lightwave divided in to Lightwave ,Modo. > > DAZ now uses Modo also. > V5, was made off of low polycount V4 > Guess you could say V5 was started in Lightwave and finished in Modo. > > DAZ old forums you could change the white to grey. looked more like Lightwave. > DAZ fourms now resembles Modo's site. > > Ya might recognize some meshes in this video. >

Victoria 4 and the other Gen 4 characters were developed in Modo.

http://www.luxology.com/press/release/022107_Lux_3dmodel_makers.aspx

Earlier characters were created in Lightwave.

The colours in the forum are much easier on the eyes! Well done, Renderosity!

cherokee69 ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 3:06 PM

Quote - Massive improvement, gang.  Many thanks.  Now please, please, pretty please with a cherry on top, get rid of all the wasted acreage at the top of the page.

Don't forget about all that wasted acreage at the bottom of the page where all the links in the drop down menus at the top of the page are duplicated at the bottom of the page.

People seem to be forgetting to look down there.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 3:20 PM

file_492119.jpg

i'm still seeing light gray on white.  snowblind.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Saxon3d ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 3:24 PM

same here MLP, if we keep on, we might get some more grey :) still it could be worse, it could be fuschia on pink......................or lemon on saffron :)

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 3:41 PM

Quote - same here MLP, if we keep on, we might get some more grey :) still it could be worse, it could be fuschia on pink......................or lemon on saffron :)

Don't give them any ideas....

;)

Laurie

Cage ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 4:32 PM

It's looking better, but I still find that large fonts are improperly spaced, with the lines running together.  Other than that, I don't see any real problems now.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Latexluv ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 4:55 PM

I agree, the color scheme looks good on my browser. I like the larger font in the forum posts. I still have a big issue with the Header and Footer on each page being so darn large!

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 5:32 PM

I like this grey layout!emoticonemoticon

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.