Tue, Oct 22, 10:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 10:16 am)

Subject: The Exchange Student...

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 1999 at 5:37 PM · edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 6:54 AM

file_117918.jpg

The idea to do this came to me reading Pan's post, so I went to work and dusted off Ms. Grendeco ( done by Ikyoto -many thanks!!). Most of the props were downloaded from 3Dcafe, the male is a standard P4 dork (sorry Zygote :oP ) the tee-shirt texture was done by MICO. Akane Saito, the exchange student, was created by me (using Trav's morphs -thanks for the special one)and a heavily (!!) modified Anton Texture and the posable tie was done by CDB and her splendid hair comes from DSI's very own COLM (hope you didn't mind me using it). The rest was texured by me (yippy). Enjoy... Jack

Traveler ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 1999 at 5:42 PM

Excellent stuff Jack! ;) -Trav

BillBay ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 1999 at 6:57 PM

Oooo....my favorite teacher ;) ... and how come exchange students didn't look like that 30 years ago?... sigh... Super job Jack! Bill BBay.com

Colm_Jackson ( ) posted Sat, 20 November 1999 at 5:20 AM

Wonderfull Jack... Of course you can use the hair. That's why I gave it to you LOL... Colm...

mikes ( ) posted Sat, 20 November 1999 at 7:08 AM

I tried using the posable tie on a female figure and it just flew all over the place when I moved any of the morph dials--how'd you get it to work?

Ikyoto ( ) posted Sat, 20 November 1999 at 2:24 PM

Ms. G back teaching High School again?!? hehehehe Boy are THOSE kids going to get an education! hehehehe

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Sat, 20 November 1999 at 3:20 PM

Colm: Thanks bud, the hair rocks!! :o) Mike: Don't try conforming the tie, First, pose the female the way that you want her then bring the tie into the scene, next use the dials to get it as close to the neck as possible, you might have to scale each section of the tie down (which I did). Set the tie to move over the breast and ta da, the tie actually looks as if it has been conformed to the top. Remember, doing 3D work and still art, the prop doesn't have to be perfect... it only has to appear that it is :o) Ikyoto: Yes, they took her back and while doing some talking with the Morph King, I decided to do a working series dealing with the highschool and it's students... can't say much more, but yes, it will only be for mature readers... hehehe... That was the only way that Ms. G would sign the contracts... she really hates PG ratings!! LOL

mikes ( ) posted Sat, 20 November 1999 at 4:04 PM

Thanks, Jack--I had hoped you'd found some trick for the tie. I'd like to use the tie for a 'St. Trinian's Girl', but it would have to be usable in lots of poses. sigh. Anyone care to do a female tie????

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Sat, 20 November 1999 at 4:19 PM

Mike, you can parent the top knot of the tie to the "neck" of the shirt, all it needs after the pose is a little tweak to straighten it. Jack

LilWolff ( ) posted Sat, 20 November 1999 at 7:37 PM

Jack, I am seeing a look on her face. Did you do this on purpose? Or maybe is just my looking eyes. That look of being just a little bit nervous of someplace new and different than what you are use too? And oh yes she is most beautiful! smiles

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Sun, 21 November 1999 at 1:11 AM

Yes, I am so glad you noticed Lilwolff. Beening that I work allot out of my office at home, I am a bit.... uncomfortable being in a new place, let alone a room full of people you don't know in a new country!! So I wanted to convey that in her expression and in her stance when I created this. Unfortunately because of Poser's rendering engine, it isn't very noticable to you see it rendered close up. What I wouldn't give for Poser to use a Raytracing Engine like Bryce uses... may take a little longer, but the quality is 100xs better!! jack

LilWolff ( ) posted Sun, 21 November 1999 at 3:54 AM

You captured it, it just takes looking. And I know the look, and the feel, have been there and I am sure a lot of others have been there to. So have something that helps makes uncomfortable go away. This one is just for you. Big Smile There you smile, they smile, everyone feels better. Simple, yes, but you would be surprised at the magic it works! Maybe next time you use her, I will see her smiling too. She is most lovely!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.