Sat, Sep 21, 4:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Any Mac Users vue 11?

mamba-negra ( ) posted Thu, 07 March 2013 at 10:43 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 4:39 AM

Eon is offering us users who haven't upgraded in a long time a chance to jump back in at an affordable price. I have missed vue, but I returned my last attempt at it because it was very unstable on my mac. I have since upgraded my mac to an iMac that is roughly 2 years old. 

I have it maxed out on RAM, and it seems pretty stable otherwise. Has anyone had solid Mac experience? (preferably with a non-super sized video card, since I went with whatever was the baseline option)

I'll probably download the free version, but it would be best if I could hear from someone who uses it enough to really encounter crashes or problems. 

Also, does 11 work pretty well with poser 2012? 

Thanks in advance.

penboack ( ) posted Thu, 07 March 2013 at 7:27 PM

My experience is that it is much more stable on Windows 7 than on OS X. BUT, I should point out that my MBP has an AMD Radeon 6750M, whereas my Windows 7 (now Windows 8) setup has an NVidia GTX675M, and many users say that Vue works much better with NVidia GPUs.

Having said that I would definitely jump at the offer. There have been many many improvements in the recent releases.

I can't comment on poser 2012 as I don't have it.

http://penboa.deviantart.com/

mamba-negra ( ) posted Thu, 07 March 2013 at 7:35 PM

How unstable is the OS X version? My card is a 

AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

You would think it would be easier to test for Mac, since there are only a few cards that you'll ever see. 

The last version I tried would crash after about 30 minutes without any real clear reason. Luckily, I was able to get a refund for it, but I would have much preferred to be able to use it. 

penboack ( ) posted Fri, 08 March 2013 at 3:37 AM

It is perfectly usable on OS X, but there are more random crashes on OS X than Windows 7.

I can't comment on how easy it is to test on OS X versus Windows 7, as I don't know anything about the testing process.

Your GPU is slightly more powerful than mine, but with less VRAM (I have 1GB).

http://penboa.deviantart.com/

foxylady1 ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2013 at 1:34 PM

mamba-negra - Would you have a link to the upgrade pricing?

mamba-negra ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2013 at 1:52 PM

I think it's tied to my account. I imagine if you have registered one of the elligible versions, they would have sent you the link. It's not for all versions. Just some of the more recent ones which don't have an upgrade path.

foxylady1 ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2013 at 2:29 PM

I never seem to get the emails from e-on even though every version has been registered (since version 4).  I am now using Vue 9 Studio and was wondering if they had a special for Vue 11 Complete?

I had contacted support at e-on about a year ago and asked why I don't get their emails, but they told me I should sign up for them.  I didn't bother telling them that I did sign up for them years ago and did receive them for a long time.  But they suddenly stopped coming about two years ago.  I still get the emails from Cornucopia3D though, and the specials they have.  I have not seen anything about upgrading from the Cornucopia emails.

I have the same problem with Smith Micro also.  I don't get their emails in my real email account, but I did sign up with my junk email account and they do come in there.  I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what is going on.  And I pay for my real email account!

deci6el ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2013 at 7:44 PM

Vue 9-10 were very stable for me on my Mac Book Pro

Vue 11 finally outran it in every way and had to update to an iMac quad-core 16G RAM

NVidia Geforce 680MX 2048MB

I probably break the criteria of your question via the graphics card and by the fact that I'm not a Vue super-user. That said...

Importing from PPro 2012 has been smooth and overall performance has been incident free.

Feels great to be running it on a computer with some horsepower. I've yet to play with particles or anything super extreme like a forest of M4's in full VAP gear in the rain and smoking cigarettes, for example. 

Hope this was helpful.

mamba-negra ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2013 at 9:09 AM

What sort of computer did you have before? Mine is a couple of years old. It's a 27'' imac, so I won't be replacing it any time soon.

deci6el ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2013 at 7:21 AM

Quote -  on my Mac Book Pro

2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo

2GB RAM

These days I think my iMac uses 2GB of RAM just to idle. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.